Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Image Embedding has been Disabled!

54 posts in this topic

From this point on, Image embedding has been disabled! This is to avoid copyright issues! As we have to protect ourselves and i dont wish to put extra work on the staff or annoy the users by giving out warnings about it over and over again.

Now video embedding still works, as do the emoticons. (i can add more if you want em.) Be patient and once i have worked out the bugs here and ironed out the 8-10 pages that are bugged to **** I will begin on adding a gallery or sorts. So you can upload your own pictures/photos etc.

Gimme Gimme Gimme feedback!

2 people like this

I thought it wasn't necessary to cite the source of pictures (images, graphs, gifs, etc.). Really, I thought I had read that somewhere, maybe because the html address was attached digitally. Sometimes I see a code/address/site name at the bottom of a page, like when I am on a Bing page.

I am a stickler for crediting a source. Besides, it's possible to copy and paste. But that's an individual's prerogative, I guess. That excuses the site from copyright issues?

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, grav said:

I thought it wasn't necessary to cite the source of pictures (images, graphs, gifs, etc.). Really, I thought I had read that somewhere, maybe because the html address was attached digitally. Sometimes I see a code/address/site name at the bottom of a page, like when I am on a Bing page.

I am a stickler for crediting a source. Besides, it's possible to copy and paste. But that's an individual's prerogative, I guess. That excuses the site from copyright issues?

Yeh i see copy and pasting still works, but it wont for long once i figure out how to stop it :D

Just now, Ukshep said:

Yeh i see copy and pasting still works, but it wont for long once i figure out how to stop it :D

You just did! My picture of V-ger, gone with the wind. Dang it. Stupid internetz. If authors want to copyright something, put a label on it.

Do not copy, under penalty of Al Gore!

:catfilenails:

So, does this eliminate the possibility of a photo going "viral" ?? People put up pictures with that very intention of having it spread far and wide. They might as well wipe out all the memes if they can't be linked to. This concept of ownership, of having control over everything on the planet is the worst and most insidious conspiracy ever.

What specific passage of the law has caused this drastic action?

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

So, does this eliminate the possibility of a photo going "viral" ?? People put up pictures with that very intention of having it spread far and wide. They might as well wipe out all the memes if they can't be linked to. This concept of ownership, of having control over everything on the planet is the worst and most insidious conspiracy ever.

What specific passage of the law has caused this drastic action?

It does but the % of images shared here seem to be copyrighted, in the 75% range. BUT i will have a way for users to upload images that are either theirs OR have no copyright etc.  So we dont lose those images that matter.

3 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

It does but the % of images shared here seem to be copyrighted, in the 75% range. BUT i will have a way for users to upload images that are either theirs OR have no copyright etc.  So we dont lose those images that matter.

Some of them have been around for ages and there's no way of telling who actually owns them. I'm not talking about shutterstock images but collections from the 1990s when people were posting all kinds of gifs. I suppose I can check my collection to see if they are cataloged by google or bing and if not assume they are public domain images.

Can you use stashpit like LOP does? Bandwidth could be a problem.

Just now, YourMom2 said:

Some of them have been around for ages and there's no way of telling who actually owns them. I'm not talking about shutterstock images but collections from the 1990s when people were posting all kinds of gifs. I suppose I can check my collection to see if they are cataloged by google or bing and if not assume they are public domain images.

Can you use stashpit like LOP does? Bandwidth could be a problem.

well stashpit is owned by lop :P as far as im aware.

Just now, jayke911 said:

did NASA threaten us shep? or was it aflack, or McDonald's

lol no. But im looking deeper into this.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.