Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Why Islam is Not a Religion

22 posts in this topic

I have known for many years that most religions are no more than political ideologies . Here is a great post on the subject . I just thought I would share it here .

Why Islam is Not a Religion

by Rebecca Bynum (Nov. 2011)
Speech delivered October 18th to ACT! for America Chapter in Memphis Tennessee

Good Evening. I’m here to talk about a subject no one wants to discuss – religion. Many people in our post-Christian society (especially journalists) are afraid of it, misinformed about it and ignorant of the most basic theological concepts. And our theologians are often too specialized in their work to be able to discuss religion in its broadest outlines or our Churchmen are often soo concerned with finding common ground that they gloss over and ignore the theology of Islam.

Our greatest Islam critics confine their attack to the non-religious aspects of Islam, either its political side or its judicial side. But when we discuss political Islam or Sharia law alone, we imply that there is a religious Islam that is perfectly fine, that we don’t have to worry about. And we leave the major problems of Islamization – Muslim immigration, mosque building, the proselytizing in our prisons and military and the infiltration of our governmental institutions completely untouched and indeed untouchable.

So I think we need to take a few steps back to examine Islam as a whole and to broadly define the outlines of Islam – what it is and what it isn’t.

Read the whole post here : http://newenglishreview.org/Rebecca_Bynum/Why_Islam_is_Not_a_Religion/

Decent article, thanks for posting. Historically, textually, morally... islam is a scourge on all that is decent and admirable, a zombie-making machine, the perfect vehicle for the new world order.

wow, that lady really, really needs to learn some things. 

islam is based on the bible, which is based on older texts. 

islam is a 'complete' religion, in that it provides guidance through all aspects of life. if you want to keep your religion going, in the culture that was when islam was founded, it works perfectly. 

it always makes me laugh when a person of one religion holds up their religion as a real religion, while saying someone else's religion is false. 

1 minute ago, reg said:

wow, that lady really, really needs to learn some things. 

islam is based on the bible, which is based on older texts. 

islam is a 'complete' religion, in that it provides guidance through all aspects of life. if you want to keep your religion going, in the culture that was when islam was founded, it works perfectly. 

it always makes me laugh when a person of one religion holds up their religion as a real religion, while saying someone else's religion is false. 

Islam is not based on the Bible. At best it's a ripoff. Mo cobbled together stories he heard from caravans. I've studied islam: read the koran, some of the hadith, various history books. Whatever you choose to call it, it is a subversive force in every country that "tolerates" it. Naivete gets people killed.

Religion is mind control. If you're born in Iowa, you're a Christian. In Louisiana, a Catholic. In Iraq, a Muslim. In India, Hindu. Buddhism is a philosophy and not a religion. Not 100%, but close. Islam does say to kill the infidels. So did the Catholic Inquisition.

1 person likes this

http://www.religioustolerance.org/buddhism8.htm has a good article on whether or not Buddhism is a religion, including comments from Buddhists that it is indeed a religion.

Also, people do change religions; it is no more mind control than politics. New Age and related spirituality views would also qualify as mind control, given that the definition of mind control is largely left ambiguous and arbitrary. 

The catholic inquisition acted in violation of the teachings of Jesus, whereas muslims act in accord with the teachings of mohammad.

Islam was a religion appearing in the OT. Abraham cast his son Ishmael into the desert. 

From Ishmael came a separate branch, Islam. Mohammed was throttled by an angel hundreds of years later until he Submitted and converted Islam into what we know today,  a violent and misogynistic cult which I call Mohammedism. I don't pretend to know who the real Hebrews were. Politics, religion, same thing, imo. All hierarchies are mind control. That goes for Science too.

3 minutes ago, grav said:

Islam was a religion appearing in the OT. Abraham cast his son Ishmael into the desert. 

From Ishmael came a separate branch, Islam. Mohammed was throttled by an angel hundreds of years later until he Submitted and converted Islam into what we know today,  a violent and misogynistic cult which I call Mohammedism. I don't pretend to know who the real Hebrews were. Politics, religion, same thing, imo. All hierarchies are mind control. That goes for Science too.

Islam did not exist in any form until the early 600s a.d. There is zero support for the existence of islam until the time of mohammad. Mere descent from Abraham is not enough to create a religion. Ishmael was cast out by Sarah, not Abraham, but was only predicted to be the father of many nations, and no record exists of Ishmael or his descendants worshiping any God but YHWH.

Your totally fictional story needs a lot of work.

4 minutes ago, grav said:

2 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Islam did not exist in any form until the early 600s a.d. There is zero support for the existence of islam until the time of mohammad. Mere descent from Abraham is not enough to create a religion. Ishmael was cast out by Sarah, not Abraham, but was only predicted to be the father of many nations, and no record exists of Ishmael or his descendants worshiping any God but YHWH.

Your totally fictional story needs a lot of work.

Beat me to it ;-) Mo may Have been contacted by an angel, but certainly not one still allowed in Heaven, right? ;-) Heck, even told him the Allah was the "Best deceiver". Kind of gave himself away right there. ;-)

Just now, BlueHawK said:

Beat me to it ;-) Mo may Have been contacted by an angel, but certainly not one still allowed in Heaven, right? ;-) Heck, even told him the Allah was the "Best deceiver". Kind of gave himself away right there. ;-)

Reading the accounts of Mo's "revelations", it seems obvious that he was suffering some kind of mental breakdown episodes. But I have no doubt that the "angel" was a deceiving one. Yeah, deception and betrayal are hard-wired into islam from its roots.

So before Mohammed, pre-Muslims were what, Jews?

Please, Christians, I love the NT. The OT is a history book borrowed almost in toto from Sumerican "myths." Noah was Utnapishtim. Abraham was the son of an oracle priest in the city of Ur (modern Iraq). Our whole history is distorted, occulted, transmogrified to follow the agenda of some elites. Gods may have existed, but not as supernatural deities. Aliens, non-terrestrials, Advanced Beings, Archons. What's in a name. That which we call a god would lead an army to defeat another god's army. Like we have had throughout history. And today in Syria and "ISIS" territory. All games by the gods. We are their cannon fodder and body slaves.

5 minutes ago, grav said:

So before Mohammed, pre-Muslims were what, Jews?

Please, Christians, I love the NT. The OT is a history book borrowed almost in toto from Sumerican "myths." Noah was Utnapishtim. Abraham was the son of an oracle priest in the city of Ur (modern Iraq). Our whole history is distorted, occulted, transmogrified to follow the agenda of some elites. Gods may have existed, but not as supernatural deities. Aliens, non-terrestrials, Advanced Beings, Archons. What's in a name. That which we call a god would lead an army to defeat another god's army. Like we have had throughout history. And today in Syria and "ISIS" territory. All games by the gods. We are their cannon fodder and body slaves.

Why don't you read some history about it instead of just presuming that the religion called islam existed in any definable form before mohammad? This is just history, something scholars without a dog in this hunt can verify. There's no such thing as "pre-muslims". They believed in one God, but Judaism did not exist until at least the time of Moses. See, the fact that I'm having to explain these basic facts tells me you just give knee-jerk reactions instead of doing any kind of research first.

Your opinion of the OT is highly disputable and I told you I'm not getting into another discussion with you about that. If you know history is distorted, then you must also know that NO account can be trusted, not even the ones you prefer. Opinions are fine, everybody has them, but in this particular case your version of this topic is much in dispute.

This thread is about why Islam is not a religion, not another rant about the OT.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.