Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guitar Doc

Kim Dotcom is building his own private internet

11 posts in this topic

I have been watching other organizations float this idea over the last 12 months. I predict many of these projects will merge and there is a new technology utilizing Tesla's idea of transmission via the earth itself in development by some more underground groups. It will be the birth of the private encrypted internet. US people will be barred from it's use under recent "security" laws which requires them to be monitored by the US government, so it will be a crime in the USA if any are caught using these private and encrypted internet networks.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/digital-living/73578775/kim-dotcom-is-building-his-own-private-internet

Kim Dotcom is building his own private internet, allegedly safe from the prying eyes of surveillance authorities.

MegaNet will rely on people's unused processing power on their phones and laptops, and allow them to donate bandwidth to the service.

"The more people that install the MegaNet app on their devices, the more powerful it will become," Dotcom said via video link at Sydney's SydStart conference last week,

If 100 million smartphones joined up, the network would have more online storage capacity, bandwidth and calculating power than the top 10 largest websites in the world combined, he said.

I have also seen pirate sites suggesting similar networks using aerial drones with the aims of eventually having a satellite network. While some people scoff at this thinking it too expensive here in NZ we have people making their own rockets with orbital capabilities which have just been given a contract.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/gadgets/60372738/kiwi-rocket-company-ready-to-blast-off

They say they can put a satellite in orbit for 6 Million NZD so even crowd sourcing for a network of 6 satellites is within the range of a merged project between the likes of the pirates and public support.

Going forward it is the only way to retain the independence we have with the current shape of the internet taking it out of the control of private corporations and governments and placing it in the hands of the public who use it.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/70995652/Rocket-Lab-satellite-launches-filling-up-fast

Here (one year after the previous link) they say they can put a satellite up for 50K USD. I hope people see the potential here with this sort of project.

The Electron can carry either one large satellite weighing up to 150 kilograms or a number of smaller satellites - known as CubeSats.

CubeSats are a standardised platform, manufactured by a third party, that can be as small as a 10cm by 10cm cube, weighing less than 2 kilograms.

CubeSats can be used for services including weather monitoring, maritime data gathering, crop optimisation and natural disaster management, Beck said.

Rocket Lab is offering to deliver two CubeSats sizes into orbit.

A 1u cube would cost between US$50,000 and US$90,000 and a 3u cube would cost between US$180,000 and US$250,000.

The rocket carry between eight and 24 CubeSats satellites per mission.

"Our job is to deliver a customers' parcel to a point in space."

Another link explaining the rocket.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11432396

Auckland-based Rocket Lab has unveiled what it says is the world's first battery-powered rocket engine.

The engine on its Electron rocket will do away with expensive and complex gas generators and instead use small high-performance electric motors and lithium polymer batteries to drive its turbo pumps. The engine will also incorporate parts made by 3D printers to cut costs and speed up the manufacturing process.

Coming from NZ I know what kind of seemingly mad innovators we have down here, people in the mould of Bert Munro (Worlds fastest Indian motorcycle)  Richard Piercehttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_   who was a farmer who built his own aircraft around the same time as the Wright Brothers.

The lack of supply drove innovation during the gold rush era as they would often build something to do the job in the three months it took for it to arrive from England. This drive to invent and innovate still is alive in people's back sheds where they are making god knows what and the "someone told me it couldn't be done and I am going to prove them wrong" attitude still proliferates.

In my home town one guy used to make his own PC boards (slot in ones) using a dremel to etch them because there was nothing on the market for supply to satisfy his needs. He was the head electrical engineer at the local cement works and the inventor of the live capture deer net system (his part was making the tiny circuit board which allowed the delay between firing it from a helicopter to when it would springing open, got ripped off by some Americans who patented it).

One of my grandfathers friends built his own TV before they were commercially available and used to tune into the Aussie station before NZ transmission started.

There is not much that is impossible if you dare to dream. When people say "that can't be done" Graham Craze would say "I'm glad I didn't read that book" in response before showing it could be done.

The intelligence agencies of the world are trying to shut down private internet and even the notion that they are possible. There is no reason why we have to put up with that.

Same with bitcoin; they can't stop it, so they will outlaw it. And yet in both cases there is no compelling reason for any government to stop it. They use the lame and "precrime" excuse of selling drugs and guns, but that's because to governments drugs and guns are their territory and they tolerate no competition.

GD,  "these projects will merge and there is a new technology utilizing Tesla's idea of transmission via the earth itself"

this pre-dates tesla by awhile. do a patent search for cell phone from 1800s. pretty fascinating stuff, will lead to the guy that wired telegraph stations that needed no external power source, nor any power storage.

16 minutes ago, reg said:

GD,  "these projects will merge and there is a new technology utilizing Tesla's idea of transmission via the earth itself"

this pre-dates tesla by awhile. do a patent search for cell phone from 1800s. pretty fascinating stuff, will lead to the guy that wired telegraph stations that needed no external power source, nor any power storage.

Tesla was inspired by that same effect he had seen in the telegraph. Telegraphs first used batteries but some times there was too much power in the wires and often operators would see sparks at the terminals. They realized the difference on potential over distance was enough to get a transmission. But that lead to another problem. If you didn't put them in the right places they would "earth out" due to strata or underground water running. People who laid the poles were experts at ascertaining the "right" places to put the poles to get good conduction. (in NZ we have bad earthing. It was noted by a royal engineer on his way between the west-coast and east-coast of the South island -Hokatika to Christchurch- that fallen poles and telegraph wires lying on the ground had not affected the transmission where in other countries it very much did. A bit of a mystery.)

The effect of not needing a battery but instead using the potential difference in local charge is and can be used in alternative generators by people. Bearden described it but it was historically known. Moray used it coupled with an oscillator to achieve the "tapping" in order to draw from it continuously instead of just once when charges immediately equalize. (I'm not sure Moray knew exactly how his generator worked, but perhaps it has been obfuscated deliberately to stop modern experimenters from reproducing his generator)

Telsa realized you could transmit through the earth rather than wires that were earthed. He knew you could make specific electromagnetic vibrations that could be picked up on other continents. There is supposed to be one of these at Pine Gap in Australia for covert transmissions and ELF for communicating with Submarines.

The other thing Tesla saw with the telegraph was when they still used batteries had interesting effects on the wires themselves. One (at opening) displayed "purple lightning" around the wires. It inspired him to play around with some equipment which produced "ball lightnings"  in the lab. Up until 4 years ago no-one had been able to duplicate the feat despite the a picture and description until two Tesla devotees looked at the picture and realized he was using a different method of obtaining high frequency electricity than they had been using. They replicated his method and produced "Ball Lightnings" in their Lab (American school teachers) along with filming them and showing how it could travel through glass (by ionizing the silicon in the glass making it conductive at a single point allowing conduction.) What the break through was came from the picture. Tesla used a small electric motor with fins on the end of the rotor which would bridge the points in the circuit creating an on/off effect. The high frequency was created by rotating the motor at speed.

Tesla was playing vibrating the electromagnetic fields which surround us. His four pole Radio receiver (later awarded the patent which was taken off Marconi for inventing the radio) was his equipment for "observing" the ripples he was making in what considered to be the "Aether" by many of the day. In doing so he deduced you could also use the same effect and use the earth as the medium instead of the air/EM fields around us.

My friend is a collector of Tesla works and interviews. Tesla did not self publish much, he was afraid of what might happen if his inventions fell into the hands of ruthless and military types. You can read between the lines of his interviews and if you understand what he was doing and why orthodox science could not explain what he could do (he disdained orthodox scientists and was always ripping them a new one for not thinking our of the box and abandoning their quite frankly religious observance of previous but incorrect theories). One of his interviews (he was often too broke to achieve what he wanted to do. His interviews were often aimed at drumming up investors) he said people could be healed for pennies and harmed for pennies. If you have seen "Elysium" you will see a machine which repairs the body at the cellular level. That is the sort of thing he was talking about. Fixing up the bad cells by understanding their electromagnetic configuration and transmitting frequencies of electromagnetic energy to sympathetically vibrate them back to full configuration. (almost the opposite of what Rife was doing when he was destroying specific cells using his technique of curing cancer and disease. Poor Rife, he saved the world he thought only to have his methods banned and drunk himself to death over it)

I have a lot of Tesla stuff. He was doing with EM fields what Keely had been doing with physical vibrations.(Keely died in 1898) I have an article I am writing on the suppressed science, but it is very long and if I can't explain it so anyone can understand it then it might as well be useless. Give me a few weeks and I will complete it but part 1 should be ready this week.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Challenger said:

Same with bitcoin; they can't stop it, so they will outlaw it. And yet in both cases there is no compelling reason for any government to stop it. They use the lame and "precrime" excuse of selling drugs and guns, but that's because to governments drugs and guns are their territory and they tolerate no competition.

I think there is a covert scam going with bitcoin and several parties are planning to cash in big time when it goes more mainstream. The Greeks were using it instead of cash during the "crisis" and it was found they didn't need the "world money supply" to keep business running. They could dodge their debts by going to a full bitcoin economy. That is one of the reasons they put limits on how much they could take out of regular bank because people were converting them to bitcoind and proceeding as normal.

Bitcoin got you banned at GuLP. Just mentioning the word at one time got you banned. I think TinyT and crew had some rather large investments going on in the currency as it can be used to dodge taxes.

1 minute ago, Guitar Doc said:

I think there is a covert scam going with bitcoin and several parties are planning to cash in big time when it goes more mainstream. The Greeks were using it instead of cash during the "crisis" and it was found they didn't need the "world money supply" to keep business running. They could dodge their debts by going to a full bitcoin economy. That is one of the reasons they put limits on how much they could take out of regular bank because people were converting them to bitcoind and proceeding as normal.

Bitcoin got you banned at GuLP. Just mentioning the word at one time got you banned. I think TinyT and crew had some rather large investments going on in the currency as it can be used to dodge taxes.

Possibly, yes. The choke points are the exchanges though, I think. It's really a good example of mesh networking.

alt energy is a passion of mine and I look forward to reading what you write.

what kim is doing is interesting, I wonder which of the cohorts will be involved. a number of months ago I was writing a paper similar to what he is proposing. mine had to do with securing telecommunications by having every mobile device have a small portion set aside for a rebuildable node, sort of like tor. millions of mobile devices on all the time could route calls and not be tracked.

did you guys know that btc came from ecash in early 80s? or that 12 years before btc proof was released, the nsa had already published the basis and how to manipulate it? did you know that some rich and powerful people have been cornering the market for a long time? richard branson is one it has been tracked to

58 minutes ago, reg said:

alt energy is a passion of mine and I look forward to reading what you write.

what kim is doing is interesting, I wonder which of the cohorts will be involved. a number of months ago I was writing a paper similar to what he is proposing. mine had to do with securing telecommunications by having every mobile device have a small portion set aside for a rebuildable node, sort of like tor. millions of mobile devices on all the time could route calls and not be tracked.

did you guys know that btc came from ecash in early 80s? or that 12 years before btc proof was released, the nsa had already published the basis and how to manipulate it? did you know that some rich and powerful people have been cornering the market for a long time? richard branson is one it has been tracked to

Same here. I have friends who make some alternative generators, but they don't like to widely advertise it. A lot of people here live in the hills sort of thing off the grid on their own piece of land. Some generators are just standard, feed off a high stream or waterfall. Depends on the environment, but it is pretty wet where I live so water is rarely lacking.

Kim has freaked people out a bit by suggestion an encrypted system could be created which couldn't be snooped on. A bit of revenge I think and another reason why they froze his funds and tried to put him out of business.

Didn't know about the btc was developed so early ago.  makes me think back to what TniyT and crew said to me once "you won't be able to stop us crashing the financial markets" I wonder how connected they really are?

2 hours ago, Challenger said:

Possibly, yes. The choke points are the exchanges though, I think. It's really a good example of mesh networking.

A very good point. Same with the current internet, DNS is the choke point. The old net was just a bunch of numbers and you have to know what ones lead to what sites.

3 hours ago, Guitar Doc said:

A very good point. Same with the current internet, DNS is the choke point. The old net was just a bunch of numbers and you have to know what ones lead to what sites.

Another is the blockchain, which would grow exponentially if the whole world used bitcoin. The only solution I can see right now is some sort of "cloud" blockchain, which puts it right back to a chokepoint and vulnerability to hacking and centralized control.

Edited by Challenger

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.