Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
toast

The Voyager Spacecraft is Really out there, because we said so.

176 posts in this topic

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/study-answers-lingering-questions-about-voyager-1-in-interstellar-space/ar-BBmFItP?li=AAa0dzB

Study answers lingering questions about Voyager 1 in interstellar space

Three years ago, the American Geophysical Union said the Voyager 1 probe left the solar system. NASA quickly said nope, hold your horses, we're not there yet. Then, NASA announced a year later that yes, Voyager 1 really did make it. The debate still rages on in some pockets of the scientific community, but a new study out of the University of New Hampshire just pulled some solar wind out of detractors' sails.

Whew, I was worried about whether or not the voyager made it out of the solar system, but apparently my worries were for nothing because they said so.

My god even the people within the scientific community are gullible.

but it's currently moving through a strange area of space where magnetic fields are "rotated away from true magnetic north". 

:blink: True magnetic north in space? Am I the only one who is dumbfounded by this?

1 minute ago, toast said:

but it's currently moving through a strange area of space where magnetic fields are "rotated away from true magnetic north". 

:blink: True magnetic north in space? Am I the only one who is dumbfounded by this?

Reminds me of that line in one of the Star Wars episodes: "South of the Rishie Maze". South??

But they'd tell you that there's one singular magnetic pole for the whole cosmos, "strange areas of space" notwithstanding.

3 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Reminds me of that line in one of the Star Wars episodes: "South of the Rishie Maze". South??

But they'd tell you that there's one singular magnetic pole for the whole cosmos, "strange areas of space" notwithstanding.

Do they really say that? How the hell would they know?

Just now, toast said:

Do they really say that? How the hell would they know?

Just something I'd anticipate they'd say. I'll be surprised if they don't, unless they delete any pesky questions about it.

6 minutes ago, Challenger said:

Just something I'd anticipate they'd say. I'll be surprised if they don't, unless they delete any pesky questions about it.

I can hear Neil deGrasse Saying it now. And if you don't believe him, you should be burned at the stake.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, toast said:

I can hear Neil deGrasse Saying it now. And if you don't believe him, you should be burned at the stake.

Exactly. It's their religion, and he's one of their priesthood.

Is it still supposedly sending back information?

Man, that must be the most powerful transmitter in the universe.

And especially since it's running on batteries which are powered and recharged from our too far away sun.

Maybe there's sun/stars stationed along it's path.

Limitless thrusters anyone?

Or is it really true that once something is in motion in space, it continues on forever?

Jeez, sounds so perfect... "sarcasm"

Amazing, even miraculous... that in spite of radiation, all manner of debris, magnetic poles that are "strange", and a tiny piece of metal a gazillion miles away, we still get objects that follow a perfectly planned route. Reminds me of a Star Trek movie where the bad guy was fooled into thinking the perfectly executed raping of a planet was real and not that he was in a holodeck. Followed his predictions exactly, wow.

1 hour ago, Cryptic Mole said:

And especially since it's running on batteries which are powered and recharged from our too far away sun.

Or is it really true that once something is in motion in space, it continues on forever?

It's powered by the radioactive decay of Plutonium.

2 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

post-23810-I-find-your-lack-of-faith-dis

14 minutes ago, VonLud said:

It's powered by the radioactive decay of Plutonium.

Which were not affected by the Van Allen radiation belts? Or any other radiation in space? No danger of exploding plutonium when the rocket went up, anything like that?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.