Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guitar Doc

Another Airbus crash

40 posts in this topic

Looks like another Airbus has crashed.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/africa/73563717/russian-plane-missing-over-egypt

the Egyptian Prime Minister has made a statement saying the plane has crashed in the Sinai region of Egypt.

https://www.rt.com/news/320217-russian-plane-off-radars/

A Russian plane carrying over 220 people has been lost from radars, according to sources in the Russian and Egyptian air traffic controllers. It's been reported that the plane crashed over Sinai.

Egyptian Prime Minister Sherif Ismail confirmed that the Russian plane did go missing over Sinai and said a cabinet-level crisis committee has been formed to deal with the incident.

Earlier, the Egyptian air accident chief said the Russian plane had safely left Egyptian airspace and made contact with Turkish air traffic control.

Seems to be some confusion at this point. We can only hope the aircraft has not crashed (or been shot down). I will keep looking as the day goes on and update where possible.

My first thought was "OMG another Airbus crash". I know many pilots were not impressed by the aircraft which is supposed to eliminate pilot error. They still blame the captain for the one that crashed during the demonstration at the infamous air-show incident despite it being shown someone swapped the Black Box after retrieval. The most commonly asked question by pilots training to fly them is "How do I make it do what I want it to do?"

Seems like you are just tossing a coin whether you will live or die in one of those aircraft. Same could be said for any air travel I suppose. But planes are statistically safe right?

Just watched the BBC reporting on it. They seem to confirm it has crashed and "was completely destroyed with little hope of survivors"

"The Aircraft was flying so high it would have been impossible to be struck by something from the ground" "No suggestion the aircraft was shot down"

Wow and double wow. Why did they say that without even ascertaining why the aircraft crashed?(Maybe they are prescient? They called building 7 had fallen 30 minutes before it did) 

No-one is one the scene as yet but 45 ambulances have been dispatched. 

Hmm let the conspiracies begin.

I have already seen on another site someone claiming Israeli jets shot it down...doubtful I would hope...I would hope.

Still strange how quick the BBC was to say it wasn't shot down and nothing from the ground would have been able to strike it.

I guess we won't know more for 48 hours or so.

Edited by Guitar Doc

http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151031/1029377194/russian-airliner-egypt-contact-lost.html

The Russian A321 captain informed air-traffic controller of technical faults after take-off and asked for route change, a source in the Sharm el-Sheikh airport told RIA Novosti.

Looks like we might have the cause (or at least an excuse) it will be interesting what kind of technical fault you could have that would cause you to ask for a route change to carry on but not turn around and land.

The pilots I used to work with were very cynical and told me "If the pilot of the aircraft in any crash can be blamed they will do so as neither the Manufacturer or Airline is libel for the dead pilot's errors."

Possible survivors?

This could be interesting as very few people survive an major air-crash. At least we will get answers from those who were there what happened

Live updates below

http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/oct/31/russian-passenger-plane-crashes-in-egypts-sinai-live

An Egyptian security officer has told Reuters he could hear the voices of trapped passengers from a section of the crashed Russian plane. The plane reportedly split into two parts.

“There is another section of the plane with passengers inside that the rescue team is still trying to enter and we hope to find survivors, especially after hearing pained voices of people inside,” the anonymous officer told the news agency.

2 hours ago, Guitar Doc said:

Just watched the BBC reporting on it. They seem to confirm it has crashed and "was completely destroyed with little hope of survivors"

"The Aircraft was flying so high it would have been impossible to be struck by something from the ground" "No suggestion the aircraft was shot down"

Wow and double wow. Why did they say that without even ascertaining why the aircraft crashed?(Maybe they are prescient? They called building 7 had fallen 30 minutes before it did) 

No-one is one the scene as yet but 45 ambulances have been dispatched. 

Hmm let the conspiracies begin.

I have already seen on another site someone claiming Israeli jets shot it down...doubtful I would hope...I would hope.

Still strange how quick the BBC was to say it wasn't shot down and nothing from the ground would have been able to strike it.

I guess we won't know more for 48 hours or so.

Indeed - and I bet if it *was* shot down, it'll be blamed on official ISIS, not the so-called "Good, moderate, Al-Qaeda" rebels, right? ;-)

Edited by BlueHawK

This is how the story is being reported in in Egyptian News.

No survivors on Russian jet that crashed in Egypt with 224 on board as rescuers find children's bodies strapped to their seats

The aircraft was reported missing 23 minutes after leaving the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh with 224 on board
* The doomed jet was owned by an Irish company and leased to a Russian airline carrying tourists to St Petersburg
* Egyptian air crash investigators said the pilot had warned of a 'technical problem' shortly before the disaster
* The jet was plunging at more than 6,000 feet per minute as the pilot tried to land at el-Arish airport in northern Egypt

Egyptian security forces confirmed there have been no survivors despite 'hearing voices' inside the wrecked fuselage of a Russian passenger jet which crashed into the Sinai desert in northern Egypt as the bodies of 100 victims have been recovered.

The aircraft, which had 200 adult passengers, 17 children and seven crew crashed less than 25 minutes after it took off from the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh. The bodies of all 17 children on board have been recovered

The Irish-owned aircraft was leased by a Russian airline. It crashed in the Hassana area, south of Arish. Security forces discovered the crash wreckage in a remote mountainous area in a region containing many ISIS-affiliated terrorists. Ayman al-Mugadem of the Aviation Incidents Committee said the pilot warned air traffic controllers that aircraft had developed 'a technical problem' and he needed to land as soon as possible. According to radar data, the aircraft was descending at more than 6,000 feet per minute shortly before the impact.

The head of Egypt's civil aviation authority, Mahmud al-Zinati. said there were 'many dead' including 17 children. Officials said 214 of the passengers were Russians with three Ukrainians on board. The bodies of the first victims have already arrived in Cairo. Adel Mahgoub, chairman of the state company that runs Egypt's civilian airports, said the plane had successfully undergone technical checks at Sharm el-Sheikh's airport before taking off.

He said experts were going there to view security camera footage of the Metrojet plane at the airport. The aircraft was leased by Kogalymavia. Airline spokeswoman Oxana Golovina said the airline's pilot Valery Nemov had more than 12,000 hours of flying experience. She said: 'Our aircraft was in full working order, our crew was experienced, our pilot had a great deal of flying experience, so we don't know (what caused the crash)'. Russian president Vladimir Putin has ordered his own team of experts to the crash site to determine the cause of the disaster. He has also declared a day of national mourning. He has already sent five aircraft to Egypt to assist with the investigation.

More: http://www.egyptdailynews.com/egypt%20daily%20news%20egyptdailynews%2031%20Oct%20%20plane%20crash%203.htm

Been interesting to see how the story has changed from the first reporting onwards.

First it was "completely destroyed" Later it was in two halves back to wreckage and bodies strewn over 5Kms, to reports of even the pilot trying to get the nearest airport to make an emergency landing.

Never good any major air crash no matter how it happens. They used to be heralded as absolute disasters because of the tremendous loss of life in a single incident, now it almost like "Meh, it happens" as if the loss of over 200 people in a single incident is chicken feed. Very unfortunate and commiserations to the families of the dead.

Edited by Guitar Doc
Oops.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.