Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YourMom2

Racial slurs are woven deep into the American landscape

9 posts in this topic

Get ready to feel bad about yourself and your racist ancestors that named the little towns of America. That's right, it's shame time! We have the stink tank to prove it but why do they have so much time and money to spend on stupid projects that the media always reports on?

http://news.yahoo.com/racial-slurs-are-woven-deep-into-the-american-landscape-160045373.html

The use of “squaw” extends to sexist examples too. While “squaw” is mostly used in generic ways, like Squaw Lake or Squaw Creek, there are a few instances that seem sexually explicit and 11 variations of squaw tit and teat.

The majority of the “tit”-based names in the federal database are attached to “squaw.” By comparison, the word “nipple” is used almost exclusively with names generally associated with Anglo women—as in Mollys Nipple, Susies Nipple and Katies Nipple (sic). Female anatomy in place names is common in the U.S. because the Anglo explorers and settlers who (re)named these locations were usually traveling without women.

Squaw Tits......

:yShVbSg::roflmao:

Names that are unusual for today's world invite conversation and might actually spark an interest in history. How can you not have a sense of humor if you lived in Squaw Tits? Should we change the names of all the Chinatowns across the US? Ridiculous!

Edited by YourMom2
1 person likes this

they are woven too deeply. it is really sad when a culture adopts language to stay 'over' others. 

On 10/30/2015, 3:26:28, reg said:

they are woven too deeply. it is really sad when a culture adopts language to stay 'over' others. 

Don't worry, towns and historical places vote to change their names due to current political correctness. If a nation can't handle their history with aplomb then their future is surely destined to self destruct.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03278/change-gayhead_3278820b.jpg

I have been there, a very pretty place/area. lived in central mass for a time. 

a conversation I have had time and time again, and I always make sure it plays out the same way-

them: I don't want to pay through the nose for it.

me: pay through the nose? do you know that is anti-semetic?

them: what's that?

me: it means that that phrase is used to put down jewish people.

them: oh, well f... them, they have all the money anyway (or something very similar)

me: what the f...? I'm jewish and never had a dime. who has my money? if you know who has my f...ing money you better f...ing tell me! I always hear we have the money and I f...ing want mine! where the f... do I get my money?!? (done while raising voice and moving towards them until I am literally in their face)

if they happen to mention that they don't know who has the money, then I reverse it on them and start going off about them talking out their ass and ask them how their friends would feel about them if they got whooped by a jew.

I worked in tattooing for a long time and this went on almost weekly. fun times, sad times.

I'm familiar with the terminology.

Another one is to jew someone down in price. Consider how these sayings came into being regarding a race of people. Did christians or muslims just make them up because they didn't like jews or did jews actually try and drive down the price of everything they bought? I'd venture to say they didn't drop from thin air but from the arrogance encountered in dealing with jews.

In the old west, people who named the places were straight talkers, a concept that is sadly missing today. Gimme some John Wayne!

None of it's real anyway...that's why I post it because the world is such a ridiculous place. My survival tactic is laughter.

2 people like this

I have looked into the history of some of it. a lot of the jew and money stuff goes back to biblical times. what is generally accepted by all groups, is that as jews lost power and christianity rose, jews were moved down the ladder. as commonly happens when you hit the bottom, jobs become scarce and those in charge who don't want you around remove more jobs from you. in most areas jews were labor and...............money lenders. money lenders were considered scabs on society. 

now this is what cracks me up about this-     when you put one group in charge of money, they grow to know money. even if you do it to keep them down, you can't stop knowledge. 

did you know jews take credit for polish jokes?

What almost none of you are going to believe is: 'Chief' is NOT a native Indian word, but, 'Squaw' IS a native Indian word.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, roadtoad2 said:

What almost none of you are going to believe is: 'Chief' is NOT a native Indian word, but, 'Squaw' IS a native Indian word.

Illinois - Illiniwek, which is the tribal name of the Illini tribe. Literally the name means "best people."

http://www.native-languages.org/state-names.htm

Maybe the natives can take back Chicago?

And another one almost no one knows, is 'California' is not a Spanish word, it is a native Indian word, it means,'Black Amazons'.

And who are the black amazons? Why female big foot (pl.) of course.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.