Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CGK

Chinese Import Terrorism

15 posts in this topic

In a brilliant plan to take over the world, the Chinese have pushed people to the edge of insanity
without even firing a single shot. If that’s not Terrorism, I don’t know what is.
Please let me explain:

It’s nearly impossible to purchase something that is made in the USA. Anything and everything is now made in China. Our thirst for inexpensive goods has driven manufacturing out of the United States leaving us vulnerable to Chinese psychological warfare.

Have you ever purchase an item sealed in plastic clamshell packaging?  While gazing longing at your newly purchased item, you are forced to cut, tear, and scream in frustration while attempting to avoid slicing yourself to shreds on the hard plastic shell.

The Chinese have become clamshell masters because they have to pack their crap in something
substantial to assure that it doesn’t fall apart before they can ship their junk half way around the world to shake money out of your pocket.

If clamshell packaging is not enough to drive a person insane, Chinese products that require assembly will certainly do the trick.

They take a picture of what the item should look like when fully assembled and plaster in on the
outside of the box. You think to yourself, “Oh that looks easy” until you open the box and view the
instructions.

The instructions are a series of pictures most likely drawn by children in a Communist elementary school as a homework assignment. Then they create a mess of words to accompany the drawings that are intentionally written to confuse, anger and drive you to reach for antidepressants, booze, or any other number of mind altering substances.

I am currently recovering from a Chinese psychological attack launched at me yesterday. I’m severely wounded but I’ve survived. This is what happened.

I bought a “Garden Dump Cart” made in China.  It’s basically a wagon with a dump function. What a great deal for only 50 dollars on closeout. The box read:

Garden Dump Cart
10- Inch Pneumatic Wheels
Powder Coated Steel Frame
Load Capacity - 550 lb
Dump Load - 265 lb
EASY ASSEMBLY

I brought the dump wagon home, took it out of the box, checked that all the parts were included and began reading the instructions. I quote:

STEP 1

Assemble front bracket (E) to front frame (C) using 2pcs M8X20 bolts (J) to fix the short distance and 2pcs round M8X20 bolts (L) to fix the long distance, 4pcs M8 lock nuts (N), and 4pcs ID8mm wide wing washers (O).

Step one was as far as I got before my blood began to boil. None of the parts were labeled and it was impossible to decipher the gibberish they called instructions. I’m fairly handy with tools and do not
consider myself assembly impaired, so I decided to wing it alone.

To make a long story short, after 3 hours of screwing and unscrewing bolts, searching the internet for English instructions, viewing Youtube videos, and applying band-aids to my wounds from the powder coated steel frame, my dump wagon was assembled.

Is is a cool wagon? Hell yes. Was is worth the frustration? Not a chance. I would have easily paid 200 dollars for a wagon made in America that was already assembled.

The reason I’m sharing this information with you is because the Holiday season is approaching quickly. Lots of people will be purchasing toys for their kids and other assorted Chinese products that require assembly.

If you are aware of the Chinese Psychological Product Terrorism that is being used on us, the
unsuspecting consumers, hopefully you will be better prepared to survive an attack.

Stay strong consumers. We can’t let them win!

1 person likes this

Awareness is key. I'm not much of a consumer but I read labels and I'll buy USA products even if they are more expensive just to support our own country and it's workers. On my bench now are two bottles of tacky glue, Elmers made in China (wasn't paying attention that day) and Aleene's made in the USA that is 28 cents more than the Elmers. I won't be buying Elmers again.

You're right, we've accepted cheap, shoddy goods and as long as we continue to do so then we'll never get our manufacturing base back. Also in peril are the artists and designers that have had their work knocked off by the Chinese and mass produced where the original intent was a limited run. You cannot compete with cheap labor for your own design that you didn't want flooded in the marketplace in order to retain it's uniqueness.

Stolen creativity doesn't inspire anyone to produce anything worthwhile. America - the land of diminishing returns.

ive seen things that you wouldnt believe in some of my radio electronics, power supplys that will burn your house down. two way radio equipment that dosent meet fcc specs for type acceptance. crap that is not repairable (serviceable). JUNK!

that is why im hanging onto my (made in japan) onkyo, and going to great lengths to fix it right now. the man in best buy was honest with me when i was going to buy a new one. he said theres nothing in this store that youd be happy with. if you can fix it youd be better off.

so thats why ive been quiet. its in fifty pieces all over the room getting inspected, detected and all sorts of fun things.

7 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Awareness is key. I'm not much of a consumer but I read labels and I'll buy USA products even if they are more expensive just to support our own country and it's workers. On my bench now are two bottles of tacky glue, Elmers made in China (wasn't paying attention that day) and Aleene's made in the USA that is 28 cents more than the Elmers. I won't be buying Elmers again.

You're right, we've accepted cheap, shoddy goods and as long as we continue to do so then we'll never get our manufacturing base back. Also in peril are the artists and designers that have had their work knocked off by the Chinese and mass produced where the original intent was a limited run. You cannot compete with cheap labor for your own design that you didn't want flooded in the marketplace in order to retain it's uniqueness.

Stolen creativity doesn't inspire anyone to produce anything worthwhile. America - the land of diminishing returns.

I have a hand crank powered lantern sitting on my dining room table that needs to be returned because its supposed to stay on for 20 minutes between cranks/charges. It stays on for only 2 minutes.

And yes, It's in one of those cursed plastic blister that cut me when attempting to place the garbage product back inside so I can return it for a refund. I won't even take an exchange on that piece of crap!

Edited by Cryptic Mole

9 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

I have a hand crank powered lantern sitting on my dining room table that needs to be returned because its supposed to stay on for 20 minutes between cranks/charges. It stays on for only 2 minutes.

And yes, It's in one of those cursed plastic blister that cut me when attempting to place the garbage product back inside so I can return it for a refund. I won't even take an exchange on that piece of crap!

That's because they put expired battery's in it when it was made and after that it sat in a warehouse for a few years. And then was pawned off on a dollar store chain.

very typical, like the little solar garden lights that die within a few weeks.

i like to get that stuff, free and rip it down and roll it up right.

15 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

You are so correct Mom!

All this made in China crap really ticks me off.  Even our food comes from China these days.

I grow a garden every year. I was going to make some pesto with my organic basil. Well......try to find pine nuts that are not from China!! I kid you not. I even complained to the Kroger store Manager. He assured me they had pine nuts in their store that were not from China, so the manager and I spent the next 30 minutes searching for pine nuts not from China. There were none to be had.

He ended up special ordering pine nuts from Italy at the cost of 7 dollars for a tiny little bottle.

For goodness sakes, Pine nuts grow all over the southwest, Arizona, New Mexico and TEXAS where I live, yet I have to buy them from Italy if I don't want Chinese Pine nuts!!!!

Also, if you are a fan of crystallized Ginger, check your package. Most of the ginger is from China too!

This whole Chinese terrorism makes me sick!

1 person likes this

On 30/10/2015 21:04:33, Radio said:

That's because they put expired battery's in it when it was made and after that it sat in a warehouse for a few years. And then was pawned off on a dollar store chain.

very typical, like the little solar garden lights that die within a few weeks.

i like to get that stuff, free and rip it down and roll it up right.

Bought the above at Harbor Freight.

The two best products I ever bought there:

http://electronics.buysku.com/Electronics-image/2013-1/Mega-109-LED-Giant-Torch-Flashlight-3xAA-6349282407544825001.JPG

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/orNSxAnnMPk/hqdefault.jpg

22 minutes ago, Radio said:

ive seen things that you wouldnt believe in some of my radio electronics, power supplys that will burn your house down. two way radio equipment that dosent meet fcc specs for type acceptance. crap that is not repairable (serviceable). JUNK!

that is why im hanging onto my (made in japan) onkyo, and going to great lengths to fix it right now. the man in best buy was honest with me when i was going to buy a new one. he said theres nothing in this store that youd be happy with. if you can fix it youd be better off.

so thats why ive been quiet. its in fifty pieces all over the room getting inspected, detected and all sorts of fun things.

I know what you are talking about Radio! I have a Technics component stereo system that I bought back in 1986. Complete with graphic equalizer, turn table, dual cassette, and 3 feet tall speakers that can blow the windows out of the house. I have re-coned the speakers a couple of times over the years. The system is nearly 30 years old and sounds as good as it did the day I brought it home!

They can keep their made to self destruct Chinese crap...I don't want it!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.