Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rothbard

"Red" Dawn and the Imminent Censorship on YouTube - 3 Days

43 posts in this topic

The death knell of the independent news on YouTube has sounded.  It's coming only within three days.  It is expected that the new agreement for video creators will forbid controversial subjects and allow YouTube to censor information.  It will also delete much of the controversial content on YouTube. 

Is this just fear mongering?  We'll find out in three days. 

Edited by Cinnamon
re-sized video

Thanks for bringing that up Rothbard, I kept meaning to but got sidetracked. I saw this "red" link on my YT channel and hesitated to click on it, so instead I went searching. Some people think they're just trying to compete with Netflix but if so they will fail miserably. But I think too that it's a step toward shutting down the most irritating thorn in the side of TPTB. They got people to stop reading good books, so people countered with videos. Now the videos must go. 

I despise "alphabet", but we're all captive; our world runs on google.

The censorship has been well underway for awhile now, and not just copyrighted material.

It's no news that we get the news well after the news is already news.

A news site I often visit has been listing censored videos as evidence to the fact. 

Removing,

your liberties one freedom at time.

Regards, 

U.S government 

p.s.

Please forward all tax revenues at the appropriate time. Your tax dollars are needed to remove your remaining freedoms.

Guess i will just have to enable user uploads for videos here. **** youtube!

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Guess i will just have to enable user uploads for videos here. **** youtube!

I have videos of my own out the arse!!they are not on any other site.i would love to put personal pics and videos straight to here!!!!!!

Edited by yaknow
add

4 minutes ago, yaknow said:

I have videos of my own out the arse!!they are not on any other site.i would love to put personal pics and videos straight to here!!!!!!

I'll see how things go with our growth, then when we can afford it i think better servers are in order then might open that up as an option. might not be able to handle it with what we have. :) ah the future is bright!

1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

I'll see how things go with our growth, then when we can afford it i think better servers are in order then might open that up as an option. might not be able to handle it with what we have. :) ah the future is bright!

You the man SHEP

8 hours ago, yaknow said:

You the man SHEP

Im just the guy. hehe even if this guy says im not!

I know this won't be popular, but here goes.

first, censorship can only be done by the state. no matter what we know about google and the governments, they are still a company. companies cannot censor. companies can decide what and what not to provide, and how to provide it.

the people I have seen complaining about this are, frankly, a bunch of whiners. it is funny to me how people use something provided by a company, then decide to claim it as their own, then demand no changes can occur, while ignoring what others want (especially the company in charge). people are crying it will end this and end that, but all it really is doing to these people is making them change how they make money off a now half free service. in business you gotta change with the times or get left behind. 

youtube is creating a 'netflix or amazon like service'. some will adopt it, some won't. the only 'death' it signals is the death of pocketbooks as people pay for another service. many people wanted this and will adopt it. 

if I have a website and decide to put all images behind a paid sign-in page, is it censorship? no. simply because I own it and I get to decide how to let people see it.

if I have a website that allows others to upload content, then I decide users need to pay to see said content, is it censorship? no. simply because I own the service and I get to decide how to let users see the content that my service provides.

I may go out of business, but that is on me, due to my decisions. 

are news sites censoring content because they want a subscription to view news stories? no. they are simply in business to make money.

does anyone call out HBO for censorship when they place fights on pay-per-view instead of on the HBO service? no. they are simply making money in business. 

YouTube has monetized USER PROVIDED CONTENT. It isn't like tv where companies produce shows; YT's content is provided by its users. So it isn't "just a company", and in this fascist world, the line between company and government is quite blurred. Content providers do have a right to complain; YT cannot demand that providers pay for their own content.

The problem seems to be more with what may or may not be in the contract youtube red uploaders will need to sign. That could be censorship.

youtube monetized content by showing ads, like most websites. each user that uploads to youtube faces an agreement they agree to before being able to upload.  however, under the new 'red' tag, they will be producing their own content. google and other companies are in tough positions since they are in a global market. anyone in business for any amount of time will tell you that if you do not cater to the masses, you go under. some specialty businesses only cater to those they want to cater to, and do well, for that owner. 

shep, what companies do is 'curate' content, not censor. similar to what you do here. and shep, since 'censorship' is beginning to be thrown around here, aimed in your direction; how do you feel about what you do? do you enforce rules? do you enact censorship? or is it like most forum sites where there is a blend of enforcing rules and trying to guide users away from angry posts that may go too far? 

I have run forums and still run a forum. I choose to not delete anything but gibberish (literally gibberish, not something I don't agree with), and it may come back to haunt me one day. I know the position you are in, and I know the difficulties you will be facing as your users grow, and more randoms find this site. I wish you well in dealing with it. it can become a very tough road.

it always makes me laugh when users 'know' who deleted their post. and now you get to start dealing with that too! how fun.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.