Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toast

I hate alcohol.

15 posts in this topic

It really sucks. I mean who can really enjoy drinking alcohol? You have fun being drunk for about 20-30 min's then the rest of it is sickness, headache, memory loss, loss of control. 

Not to mention the fact that many of the commercials on TV have alcohol drinks being pushed in your face. It's a poison straight up.

While we are on the subject of poisons lets talk about all the prescription pills the pharma companies who run this country are pushing to our kids. Why is it not a public outrage on TV? Instead we are told to look everywhere else, but our own backyard.

I know this is old news to most of us  here but it bears repeating in my opinion.

Had some interesting thoughts the other night as well: 

The grids and streets of neighborhoods and cities resemble those human fields in the movie the matrix.

We are forced to live in a system of money, there is no free land.

Who the hell decided that one person was going to be king? There must have been a group of people standing around at one point and one guy said " Hey I'm going to be king, you all do what I say"

Life is a joke and you are the punchline.

2 people like this

As long as people wilfully accept the system "as is" and do nothing about it, it will forever remain the same.

Spot on friend... spot on!

George Carlin explained a few 'things' back in 2005 (and on numerous other occasions)

Edited by BubbitoBurrito

i agree, alcohol is depressing!

your mention of the grid brought to mind a song,

subdivisions- rush , i was going to post video, but because of the embedded 30 sec advertisement in youtube i chose not to.

1 hour ago, BubbitoBurrito said:

As long as people wilfully accept the system "as is" and do nothing about it, it will forever remain the same.

Spot on friend... spot on!

George Carlin explained a few 'things' back in 2005 (and on numerous other occasions)

Yea they had to take him out too, it's very sad really.

1 person likes this

19 minutes ago, Radio said:

i agree, alcohol is depressing!

your mention of the grid brought to mind a song,

subdivisions- rush , i was going to post video, but because of the embedded 30 sec advertisement in youtube i chose not to.

Way to stick it to the man haha. We are bombarded with commercials all day every day.

Corporations run this world.

I like to drink, but only in moderation (6 pack, maybe once a week, usuallymore bimonthly). It's all about control. Lest that's what Yoda taught me. Not everything is for everyone though. I know people who don't like alot of things I like. I don't let that stop em and me from havin the good times. Drinking is only depressing if you're using it as an escape. I drink like Jesus, to celebrate good times.

21 hours ago, toast said:

Yea they had to take him out too, it's very sad really.

I often thought he might have had some help vacating this rock. However I think he was done with this place after loosing his wife. More interesting thought thereafter with the discovery of the file the Federal Bullies Inc had on him. They didn't like 'ol George - Sucks to be them! Even though he is gone from this realm he still remains in my mind. That is as long as I have breath in me. Thanks for your thoughts and participation. G'Day...

1 person likes this

On 10/28/2015, 4:29:52, Last1oftheJedi said:

I like to drink, but only in moderation (6 pack, maybe once a week, usuallymore bimonthly). It's all about control. Lest that's what Yoda taught me. Not everything is for everyone though. I know people who don't like alot of things I like. I don't let that stop em and me from havin the good times. Drinking is only depressing if you're using it as an escape. I drink like Jesus, to celebrate good times.

Yea i prefer the herbal methods. Drinking just makes me sick but everyone is different.

1 person likes this

33 minutes ago, toast said:

Yea i prefer the herbal methods. Drinking just makes me sick but everyone is different.

Me too! But until I can afford to move to Colorado, I must make due. If it's a choice between a beer or a joint though, that's a no brainer ^.^ MJ puts braincells to sleep. B kills em', straight up.

Never really worked on me as youth. We were taught how to drink (age 15) and it was emphasised it is not a drug but in fact a poison. Drinking is the art of a controlled poisoning. Took me until I was 19 to finally get a bit drunk. I could drink a dozen tall cans and not get drunk (drink age was 20 in NZ in those days) and we were advised not to drink stronger stuff as after all it was a controlled poisoning and the stronger the drink the less controlled it was likely to be. 

I was always the guy at the parties who looked after everyone else. We had rules and things we observed, particularly if someone vomited, we had to check that too for blood to make sure they were OK.

Normally I would only have a couple of beers these days and only for the taste of a good beer with a meal or after a hot day. Though we were always told never drink alcohol when you are thirsty, have water until you are no longer thirsty then have a beer. When going out to a serious drinking function If I drink 6-7 beers the night before I can't get drunk off beer the next day where the previous night I might feel some of the affects.

One of the reasons why I smoked weed instead of drinking alcohol.

I came from a hard drinking culture on the west-coast of the South Island of NZ. The old gold miners would drink until the Sun came up (no lighting, to try and walk back to your claim in the dark was extremely dangerous if not fatal) and go home in the morning. The Coal miners would have a drink because the hours they worked were so long and they often needed stress relief on a hard and physical job.

As an under-age drinker we were allowed in the bars and pubs as long as we didn't break anything, didn't cause trouble or fights and didn't throw up. I remember one barman saying to us "If the cops come in, just put your beer on the table and walk out the back door and nothing will happen.

NZ has the third worst drinking culture in the world behind Sweden and Russia. It was caused by 6 O’clock Closing where the govt decided it would be better for the women if their men were not out the pub all night. What it did was cause heavy drinking over very short periods of time as workers would finish work a 5 and drink as much as they possibly could by 6. People would be fully cut and staggering home drunk at 6. A total failure of policy which still lingers today as most of our young people drink far too fast not recognizing they are drinking poison which the body can only process a 7 Oz glass of beer every hour and after you stop drinking you still have the last hour's drinking affecting you for another hour.

Drinking is a art and should be done on a full stomach if you want to drink all night. Once you have attained your preferred drunkenness then all it requires is one 7Oz glass of beer every hour after that to maintain that level.

I used to get annoyed at drunks in my hometown. You would go fully stoned to get some Fish and Chips in the late evening and see those drunks swaying almost unable to order their meal when I could do it with ease as stoned as a person can possible get (as was the order of the day when I was in my 20's). But each to their own I say. as long as we have each others backs I don't really care how drunk people are as long as they don't get themselves in trouble. The cops in my town were pretty friendly as well, they would give people a ride home sometimes (particularly drunken young ladies I noticed). My cousin was once taken off the middle of the road after trying to stop a lot of traffic just to have a chat with random strangers. The local boys in blue visited him the next day and asked him if he remembered what he was doing.(they took him home and put him to bed the night before) He said "what ever it was I am sorry guys" They laughed and told him, then advised him to stick to the beers and avoid the spirits.

i am feeling driven to drinking right now! because of my cleaning lady.

my stereo rack was off limits, and she understood that until yesterday, sure it has a quarter inch of dust on it but i didnt want her messin with it and moving stuff around for fear of damage.

she decided to go above and beyond the call of duty anyways.

she slid each component out far enough to dust. at the very bottom shelf was a fifty pound onkyo tx-nr900. its a little oversized for my rack. and sticks out a bit because of all the plugs and jacks on the back of it.

she tried to push it all the way back on its shelf. and guess what?

she ruined four optical input jacks and two optical output jacks.

i have spent the whole day trying to find the u1 board and couldnt. so now i have to order the individual toshiba optocouplers and replace them.

the onkyo is too heavy to ship to a repair center (cant find one nearby) so ive got to fix it myself. (im capable) but onkyo wont sell me parts because im not on their list. (phuck them. no more onkyo products again) so now ive got to order the parts from an ebay supplier. 4  to rx 179ls  and two to tx 179ls at a cost of 50bucks.

so if i go insane and destroy some little bar today. its the cleaning ladys fault.( i havent drank in years and who knows what will happen).

sorry for the off topic rant. but i had to vent.

traditional herbal methods dont seem to help in this case.

7 hours ago, Radio said:

i am feeling driven to drinking right now! because of my cleaning lady.

my stereo rack was off limits, and she understood that until yesterday, sure it has a quarter inch of dust on it but i didnt want her messin with it and moving stuff around for fear of damage.

she decided to go above and beyond the call of duty anyways.

she slid each component out far enough to dust. at the very bottom shelf was a fifty pound onkyo tx-nr900. its a little oversized for my rack. and sticks out a bit because of all the plugs and jacks on the back of it.

she tried to push it all the way back on its shelf. and guess what?

she ruined four optical input jacks and two optical output jacks.

i have spent the whole day trying to find the u1 board and couldnt. so now i have to order the individual toshiba optocouplers and replace them.

the onkyo is too heavy to ship to a repair center (cant find one nearby) so ive got to fix it myself. (im capable) but onkyo wont sell me parts because im not on their list. (phuck them. no more onkyo products again) so now ive got to order the parts from an ebay supplier. 4  to rx 179ls  and two to tx 179ls at a cost of 50bucks.

so if i go insane and destroy some little bar today. its the cleaning ladys fault.( i havent drank in years and who knows what will happen).

sorry for the off topic rant. but i had to vent.

traditional herbal methods dont seem to help in this case.

o.o maybe laughter will help. If not, put out an apb on this guy:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.