Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Guitar Doc

Guest veiwing our profiles

51 posts in this topic

I check the activities section of every CT site I am on periodically.

Just noticed someone has been looking at our profiles, lots of our profiles.

Just a heads up for all.

Go to the more in the right top corner, click on it look at online users and flick through the page. Looks like someone is doing a fact finding mission on some of us.

1 person likes this

Now, the fun begins - Gambit

And ofcouse they are GD. Hey, I promised crowds, not humble ones. Some of these kids are gonna be down right as stupid as they are nasty. But *slowly raises the mic* if we reach just one outta ten, then */w my millions of fans* it was worth it. 

Rule 1: Love

Rule 2: Forgive (yourself as well as others)

Rule 3: Educate (thus, spreading the Gospel)

I used to study the devious people and devious goings on at CT sites. It became my habit to check the "who's online" function every 5 minutes.

Spotted someone looking at my profile, so I updated it for them.

Then it noticed some guest has basically checked most of out on the last hour or so.....

Fun and games like you say.

Perhaps we are being lined up for a covert psych study. Shep and Cinnamon should see if they will pay them and then throw a party or buy some CT books to give away on site. *chuckle* Maybe buy a telescope with the money.

Edited by Guitar Doc

I check the activities section of every CT site I am on periodically.

Just noticed someone has been looking at our profiles, lots of our profiles.

Just a heads up for all.

Go to the more in the right top corner, click on it look at online users and flick through the page. Looks like someone is doing a fact finding mission on some of us.

I noticed :IGly6RW:  Had me wondering about it too.

I have noticed the same sort of activity.  A few weeks ago on a Sunday night I brought it to Shep's attention that we had 138 users online and half of the "guests"  were viewing member profiles.  I was upset because 4 of the guests were viewing my profile alone.  I was also concerned because I thought someone was trolling our site for user info and it is our job to protect our members from that sort of activity.

Now don't quote me on this but Shep said something along the lines of...those are bots crawling our site and indexing threads for search engines. The bots can't view anything but usernames and threads we have posted on. In other words, no email addresses or any other personal info can be viewed.

Earlier this evening, I checked the IP address of one of the "guests" viewing my profile and it was Google.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that I have brought this issue to Shep's attention and he has reassured me it is nothing to worry about. 

Maybe Shep will jump in here and explain this better than I can???

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.