Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CGK

Hurricane Patricia!

30 posts in this topic

Patricia will most likely go on record as the strongest Eastern Pacific Hurricane ever. Overnight she reached Cat 5 status with sustained winds of 200 mph. After Patricia makes landfall and destroys everything in her path, she will move inland and cause massive flooding and landslides.

This is a very dangerous storm that will lead to a death count!

Maximum sustained winds remain near 200 mph (325 km/h) with higher gusts. Patricia is a category 5 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson hurricane wind scale. Some fluctuations in intensity are possible today, but Patricia is expected to remain an extremely dangerous category 5 hurricane through landfall.

Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 30 miles (45 km) from the center and tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 175 miles (280 km).

The estimated minimum central pressure is 880 mb (25.99 inches).

http://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/east-pacific/2015/hurricane-Patricia?text=public

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/23/e6b877e7232280b80b07c3705f6a4fc7.jpg

History is being made tonight in the Northeast Pacific as Hurricane Patricia churns about 200 miles off the coast of Mexico, south-southwest of Manzanillo. With its 11 pm EDT Thursday advisory, the National Hurricane Center upgraded Patricia to Category 5, with top sustained winds of 160 mph and a central pressure of 924 millibars. Hurricane warnings are now in effect for the coast from San Blas to Punta San Telmo, including Puerto Vallarta and Manzanillo, with a hurricane watch and tropical storm warning eastward to Lazaro Cardenas. Update: Late Thursday night, an Air Force Hurricane Hunter flight captured some of the most extreme observations ever recorded in 70 years of reconnaissance activity. Based on flight-level winds of 179 knots (206 mph), NHC upgraded Patricia's strength at 12:30 am EDT Friday to 185 mph. The estimated surface pressure of 892 mb is the lowest on record for the Northeast Pacific, and it ranks #3 for the entire Western Hemisphere behind only Wilma (882 mb, on October 19, 2005) and Gilbert (888 mb, on September 13, 1988). A surface reading of 892 mb was recorded at Key West during the Labor Day hurricane (September 2, 1935).

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=3164

They're blaming Patricia for kicking up the moisture that is causing the deluge here in Texas. We lost our power for 16 hours (thank you Goldman Sachs!) and no reprieve in sight through Sunday. It looks like a rerun of the storms we got in May.

They're blaming Patricia for kicking up the moisture that is causing the deluge here in Texas. We lost our power for 16 hours (thank you Goldman Sachs!) and no reprieve in sight through Sunday. It looks like a rerun of the storms we got in May.

Mom, I'm flooded at my house in North Texas. Pool is overflowing and there is a lake forming in the front yard. We need the rain but not this much. lol

We may get a lot more rain in the week to come if Patricia makes her way across Mexico and into the Gulf.

I guess it could be worse..we could be in Mexico waiting for Patricia to make landfall! 

Here is the latest on Patricia as of 1pm.

Sustained winds are 200 mph (325 km/h) with higher gusts.  Patricia is expected to maintain Category 5 status through landfall. Hurricane force winds extend 35 miles from the center with tropical storm force winds extending 175 miles. Hurricane hunter estimates the pressure at 879 mb.

I lived thru Katrina in Louisiana back in 05 (I'm about 50 mins north of New Orleans) wasn't fun at all. My prayers out to the families affected by this big bitch. Which begs the question are some of these big storms created to create a disaster? And will the U.S. Get more refugees from Mexico with this one?

I have a funny feeling that after Patricia hits, there will be tens of thousands of homeless people and America will open their doors for the refugees. I sure hope I'm wrong on this one!

On 10/23/2015, 1:35:39, YourMom2 said:

Note to border patrol. Zip that thing shut!

What you said Mom!

SK

:chuckle:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.