Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Last1oftheJedi

A message from Charles Xavier

3 posts in this topic

After my talk with Ace (Still love ya, Bro. Still feel ya a friend. No lie), I felt a need to share a moment in my childhood with you all. Perhaps you agree, perhaps you don't. But it gives ya an idea of why and where I come from. With that, please enjoy:

Freak.

Flatscan.

Deadend.

Genejoke.

Mutie.

Words. Powerful words meant to distance... to demean...

...to destroy the havens of self respect we each carry and nurture within us --

-- just as sure as they seek to rend the centuries old tapestry we, as a race, have agreed to call civilization.

These words carry us away from the light and lead us marching, no--CHARGING -- into the darkness where prejudice and bigotry reign.

Ugly, hateful words as weapons... and words that ultimately fail to achieve thier purpose.

This concert is about embracing our unqiueness -- the color of a man's skin. The choice of whom we love --

-- the right for your neighbor to presue his individual religious observance.

Isn't it also about learning to repsect a person born with a torso fin, cursed with an opitic blast, or blessed with the natural powersof telekinesis?

Seeing past their diffrences, humans and mutants share a common unbreakable bond.

No amount of words -- of derision, distrust, or disinformation -- can change the truth that each of us...

...man, woman, black, hispanic, jew, asian, native american, homosexual, mutant, everyone...

underneath all the "words"... we are related. We are all Family.

X-Men #294

After my talk with Ace (Still love ya, Bro. Still feel ya a friend. No lie), I felt a need to share a moment in my childhood with you all. Perhaps you agree, perhaps you don't. But it gives ya an idea of why and where I come from. With that, please enjoy:

Freak.

Flatscan.

Deadend.

Genejoke.

Mutie.

Words. Powerful words meant to distance... to demean...

...to destroy the havens of self respect we each carry and nurture within us --

-- just as sure as they seek to rend the centuries old tapestry we, as a race, have agreed to call civilization.

These words carry us away from the light and lead us marching, no--CHARGING -- into the darkness where prejudice and bigotry reign.

Ugly, hateful words as weapons... and words that ultimately fail to achieve thier purpose.

This concert is about embracing our unqiueness -- the color of a man's skin. The choice of whom we love --

-- the right for your neighbor to presue his individual religious observance.

Isn't it also about learning to repsect a person born with a torso fin, cursed with an opitic blast, or blessed with the natural powersof telekinesis?

Seeing past their diffrences, humans and mutants share a common unbreakable bond.

No amount of words -- of derision, distrust, or disinformation -- can change the truth that each of us...

...man, woman, black, hispanic, jew, asian, native american, homosexual, mutant, everyone...

underneath all the "words"... we are related. We are all Family.

X-Men #294

Charles Xavier.

Wheelchair-bound mentor of X-Men.

Believe character was killed off in one of the movies.

Know the character well.

Big comic book enthusiast.

Feel your words Last Jedi.

God bless ya fellow Christian/

SK

:cmicsfee:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.