Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Water level drops and 400-year-old church emerges

5 posts in this topic

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/10/19/water-level-drops-and-400-year-old-church-emerges.html?intcmp=hpbt4

Huh, this wasn't there last year—a 16th-century church emerging from the waters of a Mexican reservoir. But it actually makes sense, because drought has caused the water level to fall 82 feet in the Nezahualcoyotl reservoir, revealing a church that was flooded during construction of a dam nearly 40 years ago, the APreports.

Known as the Temple of Santiago, the building is about half-way visible in the watershed to the Grijalva river. This isn't the first time the church has resurfaced: In fact, the water level got so low in 2002 that people could actually walk inside: "The people celebrated. They came to eat, to hang out, to do business. I sold them fried fish," says a fisherman who's now offering Temple of Santiago boat tours.

<snip>

That's pretty cool.  Would love to get in there and do some urban explore - however not cool that the reservoir is very low on water.

I like really old things Cinnamon.

Far more than I do new stuff of present.

Do not actually know why.

Just do.

The more I view church photo the more impressed I become.

Thanks again for image with background.

SK

:akomjiis:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.