Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

Facebook Will Now Warn You if Your Account is Targeted by Government

8 posts in this topic

This is just a WTF moment for me...

Facebook Will Now Warn You if Your Account is Targeted by Government
Read the rest of the article in the link above.

In a bold move against the increasing online presence of big brother, Facebook begins issuing warning messages to users whose accounts may be the subject of government attacks.

Facebook has started to issue warning messages to users when they suspect that an account is being targeted by  “state-sponsored actors.” Along with the warning comes the recommendation to turn on Login Approvals which further secures one’s account.

On Friday, Facebook’s Chief Security Officer, Alex Stamos released the update, along with the following statement:

While we have always taken steps to secure accounts that we believe to have been compromised, we decided to show this additional warning if we have a strong suspicion that an attack could be government-sponsored. We do this because these types of attacks tend to be more advanced and dangerous than others, and we strongly encourage affected people to take the actions necessary to secure all of their online accounts.

It’s important to understand that this warning is not related to any compromise of Facebook’s platform or systems, and that having an account compromised in this manner may indicate that your computer or mobile device has been infected with malware. Ideally, people who see this message should take care to rebuild or replace these systems if possible.

The statement went on to note that Facebook cannot reveal how they know the attacker would be from the government but assured its users that they are fairly certain when they make this assertion.

In other words, facebook isn't responsible for keeping your account safe from hackers especially when they share your account with the government in the first place.

But you'll get a warning, lucky you!

In other words, facebook isn't responsible for keeping your account safe from hackers especially when they share your account with the government in the first place.

But you'll get a warning, lucky you!

Lol, you beat me to it! I saw the title and read it to my wife while we
both laughed. I said to her the very same thing you wrote and told
my wife I will comment as such here, but.... lol again. you got here
first.

1 person likes this

This is funny! Oh by the way your account got hacked by the government, but we gave them your logins because we have an agreement with the NSA to share data. So its all ok.

/sarc

1 person likes this

Everyone already posted basically what I though just by reading the title. Well done guys!

Along with the warning comes the recommendation to turn on Login Approvals which further secures one’s account.

That's the kicker for me. 

Hey Troller McTrollerson, prove to fb that's your real name...and give us your first born too.  That way when the government asks for dissenters names no one has to do any work, or abide by any legislation (that's still being implemented) before we can round up trouble makers and ...well, not sure yet, but we're working on it.

there is so much wrong with this thread, so much could be said, but I will leave it with this:

if you are running or using a ct site and want more users, you need to provide something for the new people to grab onto. it's 50/50 whether the lot of you are really this stupid or not. 

the word 'government' was used. not 'the government', 'our government', or any other type of government. if you can't see what the real story is here, I feel sorry for you all. 

but please, keep deleting posts that show the holes in user's stories, thinking, logic, etc, etc.

Do liberals know what :cjnohced: are even for?

Evidently not!

SK

:sleeping-smiley-009:

Maybe >>> :smfjsraq: is more to their liking huh?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.