Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbear

Outrage Over USA Subsidizing Nestle’s Water

8 posts in this topic

SACRAMENTO (CN) – Despite devastating drought, the federal government allows Nestle to bottle and sell millions of gallons of water from a Southern California creek in a national forest with an expired permit, environmentalists claim in Federal Court.

The Center for Biological Diversity and others sued the U.S. Forest Service on Tuesday, demanding that it stop Nestle from pumping water from San Bernardino National Forest in drought-stricken Southern California.

Nestle’s special-use permit expired in 1988, the groups say, but Nestle – which reported $92 billion in revenue last year – is still diverting water from the west fork of Strawberry Creek in the national forest, and bottling and selling it under its Arrowhead Springs label.

Nestle is not a party to the lawsuit.

The company sent 25 million gallons of public water through its Strawberry Creek pipeline last year – about 66,000 gallons a day, according to The Desert Sun newspaper in Palm Springs. That comes to 73 acre-feet a year: enough water to supply the annual needs of 73 average homes.

Nestle paid $524 for the water – the annual fee the Forest Service charged it, in lieu of a permit, the environmentalists say. The Forest Service told the plaintiffs that the expired permit will remain in force until it renders a decision on renewal.

Arrowhead Springs water was selling online for $3.74 for a 6-gallon case Thursday morning. Without deducting the cost of production, that would bring Nestle $41,140 a day – more than $15 million a year. cont

I covered this before but couldn't find the link. Now we have a new link.

Nestle = evil.

Boycott.

Nestle's CEO thinks all water should have a price

In the interview, Brabeck touts that his company is the largest foodstuff corporation in the world with over $65 billion in profit each year. He proudly claims that millions of people are dependent on him and his company.

http://www.naturalnews.com/040026_Nestle_water_supply_domination.html

LOL Let any small fry try to operate any business of any kind without the proper permits here in California and see what kind of paperwork nightmares filled with fines and fees show up in the mailbox. Corporatism at it's finest and in yo face.

Edited by Cinnamon

Nestle = evil.

Boycott.

I had a chart in the past which shown even if you boycott Nestle, you would have to boycott lots of other things also. Without searching for many hours to find it, this should help.

These 10 Companies Control The World's Food , but even with that, Nestle doesn't stop there and is into water and products also List of Nestlé brands (not a complete list but does show you what I am saying).

but 

Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized

more about Nestle

I had a chart in the past which shown even if you boycott Nestle, you would have to boycott lots of other things also. Without searching for many hours to find it, this should help.

These 10 Companies Control The World's Food , but even with that, Nestle doesn't stop there and is into water and products also List of Nestlé brands (not a complete list but does show you what I am saying).

but 

Nestle CEO: Water Is Not A Human Right, Should Be Privatized

more about Nestle

I'm aware of their reach but I consume very little processed food so it's easy for me to avoid them.

I'm aware of their reach but I consume very little processed food so it's easy for me to avoid them.

Give em Hell Mom...

:cmicsfee:

SK

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.