Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Airliners Falling Apart and Malfunctioning

17 posts in this topic

Maybe the owners know something is coming so they refuse to pay for maintenance of the fleet!

Maybe the owners know something is coming so they refuse to pay for maintenance of the fleet!

:DWsKVPL:

singapore airlines was an odd one because gear are not supposed to be able to retract while the aircraft bears weight on them, even if you select "gear up"  they will not retract. years back engines falling off, from boeings i believe, was directly related to maintenance crews(mechanics) not following procedures on installation. They figured they found an easier faster way to do it and by not following what is laid out in the maintenance manuals they royally fucked up. Being in aviation i have seen my fair share of things especially from the structures end but trust me these things are built solid and the events mentioned are from human error. i see no reason to remotely suspect any kind of conspiracy but still scary none the less,

Years ago I saw an episode of Oprah on surviving a plane crash (wear tight pants and sit at the back apparently) and I remember vividly an expert saying then that planes had a shelf life of 20 years... we are probably nearing that time now. 

so long as planes go through the proper maintenance schedules and the work is done and not deffered they can last well past the qouted cycle lifetime from the manufacturer. I am currently working on L-188 Electras and they are a lot older than 20 yrs. Not being used for commercial flight but restricted category only. they are old but well maintained and will fly untill the FAA has their way and grounds them. Corrosion and fatigue are what will kill an aircraft to the point of being "beyond economical repair"

That is kind of what happens.

When aviation fuels prices rose air lines sought a way to reduce costs. They looked at statistics and decided in many cases you could increase the amount of time between maintenance and save on cost that way.

I worked at an Airport for 5 years. A very small one. The pilots told me on average every international flight has at least one component fail on every trip. In fact even on a tiny metroliner 28 components (specific components) could fail and the air craft was still allowed to fly. They said the passengers were never told under any circumstances components had failed unless it was going to causea crash landing or emergency landing.

That is how dangerous air flight really is. I don't fly at all, I know exactly how dangerous it really is. The genral public has no idea how dangerous it is.

I will put this to you;Safety standards on cars require them to be able to be crashed at legal road speed and the occupants survive. Aircraft could and should also be held to the same standards or they are by definition not safe and it should be acknowledged they are not safe in which case you are not in anyway insured against death or injury when flying.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.