Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

New Creatures Discovered in Eastern Himalayas

21 posts in this topic

The world really is an amazing place when even today there are new species being discovered all the time. Makes me wonder, is it possible that there is a Loch Ness type monster somewhere or if Big Foot might exist after all. Check out this cute little monkey.  Well, maybe not THAT cute, but strange for sure!  211 new species recently discovered, what else is out there that we don't know about?

Rare snub-nosed monkey among new species discovered in Eastern Himalayas

Published October 13, 2015

http://a57.foxnews.com/images.foxnews.com/content/fox-news/science/2015/10/13/rare-snub-nosed-monkey-among-new-species-discovered-in-eastern-himalayas/_jcr_content/par/featured-media/media-0.img.jpg/876/493/1444754185238.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

Move over, fall allergies.

Today’s hottest sneeze belongs to a rare breed of monkey. And, it’s enjoying viral status on Facebook.

The snub-nosed monkey is one of 211 new species discovered in the Eastern Himalayas, according to a World Wildlife Fund report. In addition to the monkey, the new species include 133 plants, 39 invertebrates, 26 fish, 10 amphibians, one reptile and one bird.

Located in the Eastern Himalayan region of far north Myanmar, the monkeys are known as Rhinopithecus Strykeri. Scientists first heard of the species in that region in 2010 and have taken to nicknaming them “snubby” due to their snub noses.

<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2015/10/13/rare-snub-nosed-monkey-among-new-species-discovered-in-eastern-himalayas.html?intcmp=hphz06

1 person likes this

it is amazing that man has been exploring this rock we call earth for eternity and is still finding new(or just cross bread) species.But what really makes me wonder is what do our oceans hold in the same terms, since our level of exploration there is nothing compared to that on land. 

1 person likes this

They keep finding more and more undersea creatures. Here's some new ones from this year.

Strange Never-Before-Seen Sea Creatures Discovered 20,000 Feet Under The Sea

These alien-looking creatures were discovered by America’s Ocean Exploration Team on the seafloor near Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. The Puerto Rico Trench is deepest trench in the Atlantic Ocean, reaching depths of up to 8,800 m and extending for over 800 km.

“It’s pretty amazing that we haven’t been there yet, exploring really deep depths,” Andrea Quattrini, the science co-lead for the expedition, told Quartz. 95 percent of the ocean remains unexplored.

Many of the these deep-sea dwelling animals are rarely seen, and some creatures were so new that they don’t even have a name. 100 species of fish, 50 species of deep-water corals, and hundreds of other invertebrates were recorded over 12 dives.

http://www.boredpanda.com/deep-sea-creatures-puerto-rico-trench/

it is amazing that man has been exploring this rock we call earth for eternity and is still finding new(or just cross bread) species.But what really makes me wonder is what do our oceans hold in the same terms, since our level of exploration there is nothing compared to that on land. 

A whole new world to explore.

Humans have to breathe oxygen.

That saves the wonderous deep sea mysteries.

Humans have pretty much destroyed all they have touched.

Pollution is the norm not the exception as is the surface filth.

Humans have not yet learned to pollute the deep seas as yet.

It would take untold lifetimes to catalog all the unknown deep sea creatures.

The limited human intellect cannot even comprehend what swims deep beneath the ocean surface.

Magical things!

SK

A whole new world to explore.

Humans have to breathe oxygen.

That saves the wonderous deep sea mysteries.

Humans have pretty much destroyed all they have touched.

Pollution is the norm not the exception as is the surface filth.

Humans have not yet learned to pollute the deep seas as yet.

It would take untold lifetimes to catalog all the unknown deep sea creatures.

The limited human intellect cannot even comprehend what swims deep beneath the ocean surface.

Magical things!

SK

i agree about awesomeness of the deep ocean but im pretty sure we dump shit to the bottom of the ocean!radioactive wast,something!!!

i agree about awesomeness of the deep ocean but im pretty sure we dump shit to the bottom of the ocean!radioactive wast,something!!!

Not the deep seas enlightened one.

Envision humans swimming on an ocean beach.

Image how much ocean space is utilized.

Not even humans can pollute the deep sea areas of this world friend.

Not yet anyway.

Just give em time.

SK

Lovable guy from Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer television show right Lucy?

That one - and him - I remember.

Be well wise one.

SK

Yep, the Abominable Snowman.
He has the same hair and nose.

:smile:

Just curious does anyone have any idea, even an educated guess, as to what percent of the land we have explored? My guess is the unexplored portions still hold much to be seen, perhaps even intelligent humans, just kidding there, but i wonder what we will find next, bigfoot? Big hairy snowman thingy??

Yep, the Abominable Snowman.He has the same hair and nose.
:smile:

I know this is silly.

Know which part of RTRNR I like best?

Forgotten toys.

Sad when I thought they would be bypassed again as Christmas gifts.

Leave it to Rudolph and Santa Claus to save the day.

All a toy does want is to be loved by a child.

Sigh.

I always get misty eyed when Snow White dies too.

Oh well.

Thanks for checking in.

SK

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.