Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhiteHorse

Vladimir Putin meets Saudi defence minister for Syria talks

5 posts in this topic

Vladimir Putin meets Saudi defence minister for Syria talks

<snip>

Vladimir Putin has met Saudi Arabia’s defence minister in Sochi as part of a Russian effort to reach out to enemies of the Syrian president, Bashar al-Assad.

The Russian president met Sheikh Mohammed bin Salman, a son of the Saudi king, on the sidelines of a Formula One race on Sunday, nearly two weeks after Moscow began bombing enemies of Assad, including rebel groups that are supported by Riyadh.

Putin meeting the Saudis raises some questions in my mind. Since the Saudis are Assad's enemies and the U.S. seems to be backing off in Syria, is Putin playing matchmaker or leaning on Saudi to back off. The price for a membership in the petrodollar club seems to have just went up. It used to be easy to see the next move in the middle eastern dissent but now we're playing Russian roulette. 

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/11/vladimir-putin-saudi-defence-minister-syria-talks

Strange bedfellows indeed.  Sounds like the Ezekiel 38 coalition is forming.

I read a little on that and saw some commentary. Thanks for the heads up I'm going to go back and look.

Putin said: "We are coming for you!"

I could see that. Putin along with the rest of the world is tired of the double standards the petrodollar lords impose on countries who are unable to defend themselves. Saudi has made a mess out of the Yemen civil war also. I cant stand bullies, I did not put up with it in school and it still rubs me wrong today. The people who have been getting the crap bombed out of them lately are the ones without the firepower to defend themselves. We shall see, but I expect all hell to break loose anytime now. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.