Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rain

BUTTER ART!?!?!

11 posts in this topic

The history of carving food into sculptured objects is ancient. Archaeologists have found bread and pudding molds of animal and human shapes at sites from Babylon to Roman Britain. Butter sculpture is an ancient Tibetan Buddhist tradition; yak butter and dye are still used to create temporary symbols for the Tibetan New Year and other religious celebrations.

Edited by rain

We always have a big butter sculpture at the NY state Fair - this was last year's entry.  Normally these all have something to do with the dairy industry - lots of cow sculptures, although there is a milk truck in the background.

http://videos.syracuse.com/post-standard/2014/08/2014_new_york_state_fair_butte.html

Edited by Cinnamon
image removed/link to image added

hehe - we always looked for it as kids ... because --- right by it was the place where they gave away free samples of chocolate milk - win/win!!

Actually I was lucky enough to go to a chef of the year award dinner (was awesome too - it ended up with an entire room full of chefs preparing desserts) - and by each place setting was a small butter sculpture - of a chef with the chef hat on.  I wanted to take it home, but ate it anyway.  :)

Edited by Tude

Looks like way too many people have way too much extra time
on their hands. It is real nice though, but I'd pull my fucking hair
out if I ever had to do this shit!

Only good point though, if you fuck one up, just break out the
bread and the toaster. If you see someone who does this, and
looks like they weigh 400 pounds, you'd know they fuck up often!
ROFL!

Edited by Cryptic Mole

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.