Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
roadtoad2

How they solved the parking problem in 1927

5 posts in this topic

From your link..

Anyway, the video below is going to present you a fascinating manner of parallel parking from the late 1920s! You are going to witness that it does not require a great deal of driving (parking) skills in order to place your vehicle to the desired spot! All you need to do is to pull a handle that rotates the front wheels for 90 degrees!

I think this would be called "zero turn radius". Riding lawn mowers such as Cub Cadet "came out" with this in the past as a "breakthrough", even though this shows it was there all along.

I didn't see the car park. I only saw it was easy to pull out of a tight parking spot.
I'll bet the back bumper always hit the cars front bumper behind it. Do that today,
and someone's gonna catch a beating

I didn't see the car park. I only saw it was easy to pull out of a tight parking spot.
I'll bet the back bumper always hit the cars front bumper behind it. Do that today,
and someone's gonna catch a beating

I was thinking all tires would move (front and back) so you could pull up to desired area, move wheels, go sideways, then if u want, put the wheels straight again. The only thing with this though is its hard on your power steering/(maybe rod?). The car I drive people used to turn the wheels when it was still from my observation, so it seems to be kind of messed up. I deal with it and didn't think of it till now because I am so used to it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.