Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Matt Drudge: Copyright Laws Could Outlaw Linking to Websites

19 posts in this topic

Matt Drudge: Copyright Laws Could Outlaw Linking to Websites

“I had a Supreme Court Justice say to me it’s over”

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
October 6, 2015

Matt Drudge warns that the very foundation of the free Internet is under severe threat from copyright laws that could ban independent media outlets, revealing that he was told directly by a Supreme Court Justice, “It’s over for me.”

Read the whole post here : http://www.prisonplanet.com/matt-drudge-copyright-laws-could-outlaw-linking-to-websites.html

Really even CT sites will be in jeopardy

Why should it be against the law if you're linking back to the original source?
You're doing them a favor by creating more traffic to their website.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

Yoda tells us the answer: "Control! Control! You must learn control!"

About time really. There is no site when you have to cut and paste other people's work and gain clicks and revenue out of it. All you are doing is plagiarism.

We won't be thought of credibly if we can't write or even rewrite material in our own words. Rense would be out of business...not because they host whole articles from other sites...for cash.  (take note of that if you follow what goes on in the CT world). But other sites like RMN they would be gone as almost none of their materiel is generated by their users, it is 90% off site.  Finally we would be left with a few sites which just mock everything and the sites who go out and find information and relay it to those who want to know.

Every time we cut and paste an article it makes us look like we cannot think for ourselves. As a CT activist I am trying to get people to think for themselves. It is hard because modern people have been conditioned to do the opposite, they conform to what they think the majority opinion is and hence are led by the MSM who are paid to promote what they write.

95% of CT sites would go out of business if we can't link articles and rightfully so in my opinion. If you can't think for yourself you shouldn't be preaching to others.

The only time I think it is acceptable is when we are debunking MSM news. That could also be a motivation as on an MSM site very few allow debate of the article on their own site for fear of exposure. It has been my hobby to debunk MSM articles on their own sites pointing out the inconsistencies and outright falsehoods at time. Usually you get 3 goes before they ban you from making comments. Generally after I call the journalists naive and lacking worldly experience. 

I would hate having people think I was clever because I posted other people's articles. I do however have no problems rewriting articles correctly and pointing out what is often deliberately omitted and suggesting why such omissions occurred. I would suggest it doesn't take a genius to do that.

1 person likes this

About time really. There is no site when you have to cut and paste other people's work and gain clicks and revenue out of it. All you are doing is plagiarism.

I would hate having people think I was clever because I posted other people's articles. I do however have no problems rewriting articles correctly and pointing out what is often deliberately omitted and suggesting why such omissions occurred. I would suggest it doesn't take a genius to do that.

You are 100% correct.

But having said that, knowledge does not exist in a vacuum.

All scholarly papers are unfounded, unless supplied with detailed footnotes.

I thought that too, but it will essentially shut down ct sites since we do so much linking to them and force people to go to msm online.

I thought that too, but it will essentially shut down ct sites since we do so much linking to them and force people to go to msm online.

It seems to me that it will just increase plagiarism.  Instead of linking to another source, I'll just anonymously describe the information as my own. 

It seems to me that it will just increase plagiarism.  Instead of linking to another source, I'll just anonymously describe the information as my own. 

I believe when copyright laws are enforced, it's due to similarity rather than differences. It's a whole other world in tms and copyright law. I wonder if quoting any part of the article will be against the law as well. They have to do away with Fair Use doctrine which is what everyone is under the auspices of, when quoting other's work. I guess the TPP will just paper over that! 

It's getting to the point were computers will be so regulated one will require a license to use one . Thats where the Powers To Be want to go .

Really computers have become a better means of communication than any other electric means . 

By using copy right laws only those in mainstream will be the only ones able to post any kind of news and you as a independent wont be able to even quote it . Even FaceBook wont have shared links or live video news posts . So it kinda sounds like YouTube will only become another music/history web channel like MySpace .

I have many times considered starting another web site but I don't think so anymore do to up coming government censorship .

You'll just have to go down much deeper on the web, but you'll need different software and hardware.
Satellite connect too.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.