Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

TPP what it means to us

16 posts in this topic

https://openmedia.org/censorship

Leaders from 12 countries are about to lock into place binding Internet censorship rules through an agreement called the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP). 

Leaked documents reveal that the TPP will make the Internet more censored, expensive, and policed.1 

Experts say, “kids could be sent to jail for downloading” and whole families could be kicked off the Internet.2

Send TPP decision makers these three demands now by filling out the form on this page before it's too late.

<snip>

The TPP Announced Today Simply Fails to Represent Domestic US Manufacturing Interests

This morning, the White House announced the clinching of a Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal. Unfortunately, the agreement negotiated by President Obama is completely inadequate to serve the interests of America's manufacturers, industrial workers, farmers and other segments of the U.S. economy.  And a key problem is that the Obama administration has refused to include enforceable currency manipulation provisions in the final deal, despite an overwhelming bipartisan request from both houses of congress.

By not addressing the currency manipulation that provides an export advantage for countries like Japan, Malaysia, and Singapore, the current deal simply offers an open invitation to continue such unfair, anti-competitive trade practices without fear of consequences.

The lack of action on currency is particularly disheartening because the Obama administration has simply refused to carry out the will of Congress and its specific negotiating instructions to include enforceable currency provisions in the agreement.  The omission of meaningful currency language is not only a deal-breaker, but signals to China and other East Asian not party to the TPP that they are "home free" and can continue to use currency market interventions to boost sales without fear that the United States will seek any redress.

This lack of currency provisions also sets a terrible precedent for the Trans-Atlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) trade deal that is just beginning to emerge from early discussions.  Because several European nations engage in currency manipulation, they will happily recognize the green light being afforded them to continue their practices without fear of consequences.

<snip>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kevin-l-kearns/tpp-fails-domestic-us-manufacturing-interests_b_8246258.html

This thing is moving along,unfortunately. I normally never cite articles from Huffington Post due to their left leaning bias, but this one seems pretty balanced. If this thing goes through, it's a huge step toward global dominance by the usual suspects.

Edited by Cinnamon

Man, I feel like I just got hit by a billboard tornado!

This concerns me, however, the MEME's are just so way over the top.

Brings to mind an ancient meme : The sky is falling! The sky is falling.

Note: and even though I do peruse Huffington Post; I feel sometimes it's just that, "a HUFFER!" A voice to stir up more trouble than there is.

If you own property or nice things you've earned in your lifetime, you won't have them much longer if all this is true.  They already use the cancers they gave to everyone thru vaccines & other means as one way of bleeding you dry of $$$ and assets you've acquired & earned all your life, because when you get sick & need serious medical attention, the costs will drain you of all you own, and you won't be able to gift your large assets to your children/friends to protect them.

Likely part of A-21, "if you live in one of those areas.... you won't"..... and when they go after people "one at a time", it will go practically unnoticed like the boiling frog metaphor, and your neighbors won't care until they come for them too.

I live in a small town of about 1100 people, and the banks own most of the properties here, I own my home free & clear though, so they try to get me thru my property taxes.  Some years they go up 250% while my assessed value goes down 50% as I do improvements.  They are coming for our shit in an obvious consolidation Big Brother long term plan.  When 200 million citizens are technically "breaking their bullshit laws", you can't arrest them all at once, but you can go after them 50-100 per week per town, enough to handle 1 week of court appearances.  The fines & fees will bleed you dry at times when you can already barely afford the basics.

Sick fux..... they laid out the tempting traps, waited till everyone went for it all, then snap!

1 person likes this

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/tpp-signed-the-biggest-global-threat-to-the-internet-agreed-as-campaigners-warn-that-secret-pact-a6680321.html

One particularly controversial part of the provisions make it a crime to reveal corporate wrongdoing "through a computer system". Experts have pointed out that the wording is very vague, and could lead to whistleblowers being penalised for sharing important information, and lead to journalists stopping reporting on them.

Others require that online content providers — such as YouTube and Facebook — must take down content if they receive just one complaint, as they are in the US. That will be harmful for startups looking to build such businesses since they'll be required to have the resources to respond to every complaint, experts have pointed out.

In 2013, when the partnership was still being discussed, the Electronic Freedom Foundation called TPP “one of the worst global threats to the internet”. The changes are dangerous because to unify the various countries in the partnerships’ rules on intellectual property and other internet law, they are opting to take the US’s largely very restrictive rules.

http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2015/10/05/14/TPP_1.jpg

I'll tell you what tpp means to me...toilet paper power, that's right. I will be getting more benefit out of my roll of paper hanging on the bathroom wall than I will from that 'secret stack of back door deals' any time. Folks most of these documents were leaked by people with a conscious or by people who came out on the wrong end of the deal. Every person I know would vote against tpp, but since when does our vote count or even tallied these days.

It will mean "death penalty" for me if anyone comes around here bothering me over the thousand or so lp's that I've burned onto cd's. Or the hundreds of cd's that I've burned onto minidisc.

i would go as far up the chain of command as far as I can and make an example out of as many of them as I could. ?

if they had a problem with any of my internet activity, I would be glad to make sure they never see the internet again! ⚡️?

who in the hell do they think they are? They must really want a revolution!

Edited by Radio
Add

It will mean "death penalty" for me if anyone comes around here bothering me over the thousand or so lp's that I've burned onto cd's. Or the hundreds of cd's that I've burned onto minidisc.

i would go as far up the chain of command as far as I can and make an example out of as many of them as I could. ?

if they had a problem with any of my internet activity, I would be glad to make sure they never see the internet again! ⚡️?

who in the hell do they think they are? They must really want a revolution!

I thank you sir. I have exposed so much on there ter or ist (nsa/gchq/5eyes/etc. They have bugged my machine so many times and continue to. Last bug I found was yesterday. See the echelon thread and from this morning: The Red Hearing . I am starting to think fukthaintranet. These people are totally against the truth and against everyone that does not subscribe to their lies and instead exposes them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/tpp-signed-the-biggest-global-threat-to-the-internet-agreed-as-campaigners-warn-that-secret-pact-a6680321.html

One particularly controversial part of the provisions make it a crime to reveal corporate wrongdoing "through a computer system". Experts have pointed out that the wording is very vague, and could lead to whistleblowers being penalised for sharing important information, and lead to journalists stopping reporting on them.

Many of the new journalist are not corporate paid. (some are owned by cia/Israel like 96% of the media), however the new journalist are regular people like us/some others. I have already revealed how I have been penalized for exposing the truth over and over. Regardless if they "make the penalization legit, it doesn't matter, they do what they want". This morning I proved that what they are doing is not legal. Will there be penalities for them and will they stop? As shown again and again, it doesn't matter, they do what they want. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.