Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Extreme Weather and Food Prices

22 posts in this topic

I'm sure most everyone is aware of the record rains and flooding currently impacting parts of the East Coast. In the Carolina's alone,  100's of roads and bridges are closed. Dams are collapsing and farms are under water. While this is an inconvenience for those living in the area, the real impact will be felt by all of us at the grocery store.

Anyone who has purchased beef over the past few years has watched the price per pound rise to ridiculous levels. Due to the prolonged drought in the West, ranchers culled their herds because there's little pasture and hay/feed has become prohibitively expensive.

Every one of these natural disasters lead to an increase in food prices. 

In the US we have 45 million people on food stamps with more crossing the border every day.

The average SNAP benefit is $127 per person per month. As the rising food costs are passed onto the consumer, people end up with less food or we have to raise the SNAP benefit to feed them.

Extreme weather is definitely having an impact on our food supply and pockets. As the delicate balance of nature continues to be disrupted, they will develop and push more and more GMO crops that can grow under any conditions in order to feed the masses.

Its something to think about!

Crop damage, flooding still major concerns amid heavy rainfall across NC

Gov. Pat McCrory and state officials held a press briefing Saturday morning where they said flooding and damage to the state’s agricultural sector continue to be among the major challenges facing the state following the heavy rain seen across North Carolina recently.

<snip

North Carolina Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler said farmers are beginning to see the impact of the continuous rain on their crops.

Troxler said fields are soaked, and fresh fruits are being damaged because of the rain. He said field crops are also being affected because farmers can’t get into the fields to harvest them.

Some of the apples in Henderson County are starting to split open because they’re waterlogged, and the longer harvests are delayed, the more damaged they will be, Troxler said.

Peanut and sweet potato farmers’ crops are under water at this time, Troxler said.

Because of the continuous rain, assessments can’t be performed.

“We will assess what the damage is after the event is over,” said Troxler.

Water coming in from the Atlantic Ocean is laden with salt, and that is detrimental to crops, he added.

He compared the current situation farmers are dealing with to “taking all your cash assets and putting them on a clothesline and watching them float away.”

http://www.wistv.com/story/30178180/crop-damage-flooding-still-major-concerns-amid-heavy-rainfall-across-nc

They are terraforming the earth to suit their transhuman hordes. Just like the Borg.

The farmers had to sell off their cattle early last year, and the prices of t-bones hasn't been down since. 

Yep and most places are getting 4.99 a lb for hamburger!  I have friends who are in the cattle business. A cow that sold for 300 bucks a couple of years ago when folks were downsizing, is now selling for 2 grand.

I thought the same after the horrendous flooding and crop loss in Nebraska and Iowa a few years back. I didn't feel the pinch at the grocery store leading me to believe that food prices are indeed artificial just like everything else. Even the supposedly millions of birds that were destroyed from avian flu should have caused egg prices to soar more than they did.

Disclaimer: I eat very little beef but an organic pound of ground beef cost 6 bucks a month ago.

Yep and most places are getting 4.99 a lb for hamburger!  I have friends who are in the cattle business. A cow that sold for 300 bucks a couple of years ago when folks were downsizing, is now selling for 2 grand.

I raised my own beef for years. I went to pickup my butchered beef and noticed the price of beef inside the shop area. I did some research and the answer lead back to China. They are butchering and flash freezing the meat, shipping it as fast as they can. Seems our oriental debt holders have a taste for more than fish heads and rice.   

My uncle told me years ago " keep buying that Chinese crap and you'll be eating fish heads and rice". Smart man now they are eating the steak I can't afford because the demand is catching up to the supply. 

First of all I'm sorry for the loss these people suffered. Guatemala has also suffered with mudslides and floods. 

Does this mean 'French Fries' will cost more too.

:chuckle:

Picturesque French Riviera Hit by Deadly Flash Floods

ANTIBES, France — In a matter of minutes, torrential rains transformed the postcard-perfect French Riviera into a terrifying flood zone, leaving at least 16 dead, trapping hundreds of ailing pilgrims and halting car and train traffic Sunday along the mud-drenched Mediterranean coast.

OF course using corn for ethanol because it burns cooler because that's twisted junk environmental science, that doesn't help either. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.