Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
rbear

Microsoft 'Accidentally' pushed 'Test patch' Update to All Windows 7 Users

17 posts in this topic

Because of Winblows often screwing up my machine on updates and often just seeming to download who knows what, I disabled updates. I also had to remove tons of updates in the past that can only be described as loggers. Also windows updates completely destroyed another computer I used to have, and when I went to reinstall the whole os, it did the same thing again. I probably lost about 5-7 days total (24 hours each combined) due to winblows updates and problems it created in my lifetime. Anyhow here is the story.

A highly mysterious update that was pushed out to Windows machines globally was the result of a test that was not correctly implemented.

Yes, Microsoft accidentally released a test patch (KB3877432) to consumer machines running Windows 7, making users believe that the Windows Update service got hacked, and they are infected with malware.

However, several hours later, a Microsoft spokesperson clear the air by confirming that the company had "incorrectly published a test updateand that they are "in the process of removing it."

Windows users started raising concerns on social media, Microsoft community forums, and news-sharing sites that the Update service has been compromised in some way.

The rogue patch, 4.3MB in size, advertised itself as a Windows Language Pack and flagged as an "Important" update, but featured strange and inaccessible URLs and lacked any detailed information.
----------------------
Anyone sticking with Windows 7 should avoid the following Windows updates. click here and look for text underlined ^

After dealing with this issue twice on my Dell XPS laptop with winblows7 I dumped it and installed Linux Ubuntu . And I love it ! I have all the goodies and then some .

Accidentally my ass they want windows 10 on every machine .

Never again will I run Winblows 7 on up . How ever I must admit other than XP I really like and have had great luck with Vista , believe it or not . This machine that I am on right now is Vista with all the updates and I like it better than even Win7; and they don't mess with it .

I don't know way they just didn't update XP but then maybe they didn't because we had more control over it . But oh no they have to F&&k every thing up .

There was a opportunity to drown Bill Gates at one time at a marina in the early 1990s . Should have . Maybe that would have save us all from a lot of grief .

I've been using Linux for a number of years now. I started with openSUSE, then went to Ubuntu, and now I use an Ubuntu variant called Elementary. My only criticism is that its native browser, Midori, can't properly access web directories protected by .htaccess. So I have to use the NSA's Chromium browser. Opera won't display YouTube properly, and Firefox is slow, bloated, and sometimes buggy. Once they fix Midori I won't need Chromium and I'll be very happy. 

Gates is a eugenicist, who should lead by example.

I will switch from windbows one day when I get some money. Its hard to switch when you go no $ and your cd/dvd drive is stuck. When I pawned my pc, they put a disk in it to test it out but never removed it before putting it in the room where they keep the pawned items. When I got it back, the drive never opened and any attempts to remove it have been unsuccessful. Its a mini tower, very small. While I don't have much on this pc, I do want to at least be able to check my programs/apps and fixes I've had to do to it when moving to a different os, so can't really migrate right now anyways. The strangest thing is that this pc thinks its an apple pc as some programs say "can't run on mackintosh" or some similar wording. Also signing into my email, it says I'm a mackintosh when looking at the recent signings as they email me when I use a different ip.

If you have a usb slot, why not use a live stick linux distro? 

Anyone running over xp, and wants to still run windoze, should really downgrade and stop your system from talking to microsoft or any gov/school network

They have attacked me relentlessly for months now...they haven't got thru yet .

I could outline a defense strategy...but if a box is compromised already , it wont work :(

I "accidently" quit using M$.

And to heck with Bill Gates' cure the measels epidemic in Africa, but kill everybody anyway, and convince kids that they don't belong to their parents. 

1 person likes this

I "accidently" quit using M$.

And to heck with Bill Gates' cure the measels epidemic in Africa, but kill everybody anyway, and convince kids that they don't belong to their parents. 

This guy wants to use our computers in concert with the US Govt (via WIN10) to be able to attack any Govt at will.....

I am not going to be party to that........they can come haul my ass off to a FEMA camp...I will die in a week anyway without my meds so fuk it.

He wants to put mini reactors in everybody's backyard ffs.......Jesus H

If you have a usb slot, why not use a live stick linux distro

Anyone running over xp, and wants to still run windoze, should really downgrade and stop your system from talking to microsoft or any gov/school network

I have though about it but when I hooked up my phone to the pc and copied the images, then deleted them off the disk of the phone, it deleted them off the usb drive. I have not had a chance (been researching other things) to find a working delete recovery tool. I tried in the past for days to find something but they either had malw in them or said they were free then asked for $ once you installed it to recover anything. 

I may think about this again now that I remember (thanks for reminding me), I have another empty flash drive (16gb). The other ones were 256GB and 512GB that are being used for the deleted photos my pc did that I haven't recovered yet.

Edited by rbear
+

I have though about it but when I hooked up my phone to the pc and copied the images, then deleted them off the disk of the phone, it deleted them off the usb drive. I have not had a chance (been researching other things) to find a working delete recovery tool. I tried in the past for days to find something but they either had malw in them or said they were free then asked for $ once you installed it to recover anything. 

testdisk/photorec

They have attacked me relentlessly for months now...they haven't got thru yet .

I could outline a defense strategy...but if a box is compromised already , it wont work :(

Winblows has so many holes in it, it would probably take 160 years to patch them all

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.