Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My recent experience at the VA in Pittsburgh.

3 posts in this topic

I am known for criticizing the va and have stated my fears of them many times. I stayed away from them for over five years and did without medical care or checkups. 

A few weeks ago I started having dental issues. So I called them and they said " you haven't been here since 2009 and your records are archived " and you need a primary care doctor assigned to you to go forward. I had an appointment within a week and met with a doctor.

she gave me amoxicillin for my dental issue and said after you finish the medicine. The dentist will be able to work on it.. She ordered blood work, optical consult for new glasses and other things.

yesterday a van picked me up and took me to where they do dental work (had no way there on my own) the ride was just for me and I went directly there. Had dental work started X-rays and one extraction and was given more medicine ( parolex rinse ) and scheduled next appointment and was taken back home directly.

i had almost not waiting time when I got to any of these appointments and was treated like a retired general with respect and kindness that I still can't believe. So I feel obligated to say that they have done a 180 and have a level of service far beyond anything in the civilian sector. There may be issues in other regions va but not at all any more in Pittsburgh.

this all has not and will not cost me one cent. Not even for a coffee. 

I felt a need to tell everyone this because I was very outspoken with critizism for many years. And my fear of them is not founded any longer.

I am known for criticizing the va and have stated my fears of them many times. I stayed away from them for over five years and did without medical care or checkups. 

A few weeks ago I started having dental issues. So I called them and they said " you haven't been here since 2009 and your records are archived " and you need a primary care doctor assigned to you to go forward. I had an appointment within a week and met with a doctor.

she gave me amoxicillin for my dental issue and said after you finish the medicine. The dentist will be able to work on it.. She ordered blood work, optical consult for new glasses and other things.

yesterday a van picked me up and took me to where they do dental work (had no way there on my own) the ride was just for me and I went directly there. Had dental work started X-rays and one extraction and was given more medicine ( parolex rinse ) and scheduled next appointment and was taken back home directly.

i had almost not waiting time when I got to any of these appointments and was treated like a retired general with respect and kindness that I still can't believe. So I feel obligated to say that they have done a 180 and have a level of service far beyond anything in the civilian sector. There may be issues in other regions va but not at all any more in Pittsburgh.

this all has not and will not cost me one cent. Not even for a coffee. 

I felt a need to tell everyone this because I was very outspoken with critizism for many years. And my fear of them is not founded any longer.

Great news, Radio! I'm glad my tax dollars are finally doing their job e.e

The VA here in Oregon is still crap, months out for an appointment, the docs just push pills for a fix not a cure, won't use them. My primary doc is great though.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.