Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McWest

The Mandela Effect

47 posts in this topic

It's like the Bernstein bears thing. Some people suck as myself remember the spelling to be different. Vividly different. 

I vaguely remember the spelling being "corrected" many years ago. Is it possible there were books with the "ain" and it was misspelled when it went on tv?

Just to pick another example from the video, on Star Wars. I don't agree that "Luke, I am your father" is more dramatic and sensible. In context, Luke has just said, "He told me you killed him", and Vader responds, "No, I am your father". Makes perfect sense, and just as dramatic. But I do know of a verifiable change (even double change) due strictly to Lucas' penchant for changing the bleeping dialog with every new format release. (grrr) After Luke crash lands on his way to find Yoda in ep. 4, the swamp creature swallows R2 and then spits him out. Then Luke says, "Good thing you don't taste very good!" But now he says, "You're lucky to get out of there". Also, in the original, when Luke and Vader had that scene with Luke getting his hand cut off, Luke does not scream as he falls after Vader says "It's the only way". In the next release he does (and it's that annoying "Wilhelm" scream that seems to be in every movie now), but in the release after that he doesn't. Stupid Lucas.

I vaguely remember the spelling being "corrected" many years ago. Is it possible there were books with the "ain" and it was misspelled when it went on tv?

Just to pick another example from the video, on Star Wars. I don't agree that "Luke, I am your father" is more dramatic and sensible. In context, Luke has just said, "He told me you killed him", and Vader responds, "No, I am your father". Makes perfect sense, and just as dramatic. But I do know of a verifiable change (even double change) due strictly to Lucas' penchant for changing the bleeping dialog with every new format release. (grrr) After Luke crash lands on his way to find Yoda in ep. 4, the swamp creature swallows R2 and then spits him out. Then Luke says, "Good thing you don't taste very good!" But now he says, "You're lucky to get out of there". Also, in the original, when Luke and Vader had that scene with Luke getting his hand cut off, Luke does not scream as he falls after Vader says "It's the only way". In the next release he does (and it's that annoying "Wilhelm" scream that seems to be in every movie now), but in the release after that he doesn't. Stupid Lucas.

Correction: Luke's temporary scream was copied from the emperor's scream when Vader threw him down that energy beam.

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call BS on (at least part of) this so-called "effect".  I will spend time looking into more of the questions but not at the moment...  however, let me get the debunking started with:

#1] "Mirror, mirror, on the wall"...

In the original versions of Snow-White (1812 and 1857) the wording is indeed "Mirror, mirror".

Fairy tales such as these were often read from old books and/or repeated verbally to children amongst German and English colonial nations, the wording staying with people throughout their lives, which is why most people recall, "Mirror, mirror", which is the correct version and still is today! (The fact that Walt Disney used a different version is something which happened 'after-the-fact'.)

First translation from German into English, 1874:
https://books.google.com/books?id=LVgqAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA147&hl=en#v=onepage&q&f=false

"Tell me, glass, tell me true!
Of all the ladies in the land,
Who is the fairest? tell me, who?"

Subsequently, in English it became, "Mirror, mirror" (as in the orignal German), probably starting with this 1916 version:
https://books.google.com/books?id=HXQFAAAAMAAJ&printsec=titlepage&redir_esc=y#PPA201,M1

(Although many people already knew it as "Mirror, mirror" due to the original books.)

Edited by Sky Cat

It's like the Bernstein bears thing. Some people suck as myself remember the spelling to be different. Vividly different. 

I remember the spelling as BerenstEin....my kids read the books in the 90s. The author (or family member) claims their name has always been BerenstAin which is an unusual spelling considering the proliferation of -stein names (Germanic)

Video is acting wonky right now..I'll try again later to take the test.

Sex in the City or Sex and the City was another one. Interview with A Vampire and Interview with The Vampire.

I grew up on the Bernstain Bears, and as far as I know, that's who they've always been.

Edit: So my two earths theory might be more accurate than even I thought.

Edited by Last1oftheJedi

I remember the spelling as BerenstEin....my kids read the books in the 90s. The author (or family member) claims their name has always been BerenstAin which is an unusual spelling considering the proliferation of -stein names (Germanic)

Video is acting wonky right now..I'll try again later to take the test.

Sex in the City or Sex and the City was another one. Interview with A Vampire and Interview with The Vampire.

I'm part of the Ein crowd myself on this one. My 15 year old also remembers me reading him the books and thought the same with the spelling Ans so did my mom. I found my old books From the 70's and 80's and saw the spelling now Ain. Kinda freaked me out when a thread on that was posted on ATS years ago. 

I'm part of the Ein crowd myself on this one. My 15 year old also remembers me reading him the books and thought the same with the spelling Ans so did my mom. I found my old books From the 70's and 80's and saw the spelling now Ain. Kinda freaked me out when a thread on that was posted on ATS years ago. 

There's also a long thread at loppy on timeline shifts and from my reckoning the shift occurred in the 90s. I also found it interesting that I shared more common ground with the steins. A few of the stain posters were indeed stains!! (NoT referring to Last1of the Jedi) :hug:

I believe it was Simon Parkes (or Bashar?) who said something to the effect of ......don't worry about the world too much because people of the same bent find each other. Whatever you are selling (not necessarily in the literal sense) will be bought (found) by those that need/want it. I've adopted this philosophy as my currency and consequently I end up with enough fiat money to stay afloat with the real riches gleaned through trading partners....exchanges satisfactory to all parties. One might call this "love."

Anyway, a rather large group of us have shifted....consciousness, timelines, parallel universes, whatever. The straddle can be a bit much sometimes especially when you get sucked into the density of the other timeline. Guilty! You can actually feel the density and is known as the idiom "talking to a brick wall." My mother is such a density, highly intelligent but thick as a brick!

Totally insane :wacko: I cannot & will not believe it has always been "No, I am your father." 

Mr. video maker is on a third timeline where you take 20 minutes of information and stretch it to an hour.

Agree with SkyCat about mirror, mirror. What is this "magic" sorcery?

As my above posts states, I arrive at a totally different conclusion regarding timelines. Worry is largely an environmental construct learned from parents and foisted upon society through media. If you watch TV, advertisers assume you are sick and you should ask your doctor! I suppose you could blame Satan for everything as video guy does if you're into that kind of thing. But fear of Satan is just another construct. Oh dear!

:chuckle:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.