Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rothbard

Life After Death and Other Preeminent Questions

30 posts in this topic

Is there life after death (meaning does our consciousness continue or terminate entirely)? 

Is there a God or other Supreme Being (or Race of Beings)?

Is there a point to this life or are we just a series of adaptations and mutations?  If there is a point, what is it?

Is there a heaven and a hell?  Do we reincarnate as other humans or species?

Is there a true religion or belief system?  How do you know?

Will you have a body when you die?  Will your family and other relationships matter?  Will there be sex and other "worldly" pleasures in heaven or hell?

What brought  you to your belief?  Is it a belief or more of a concrete knowledge based on empirical experience?  Have you had an out-of-body experience?

What books do you recommend for learning more about your religion or belief system?  Besides dying what methods are there for learning more? 

Or is speculation in this area a waste of time because we're no better than mere ants pondering humanity's existence and the world around them?

Please share your thoughts, beliefs, and experiences (videos are great) because I'm trying to find answers to these questions (if it's even possible) and I would really like to know what others here on COP believe.  I only ask that you show UTMOST RESPECT to others' beliefs because we're all here seeking truth and others whom you disparage may be actually right in the end. 

Edited by Rothbard
1 person likes this

It's getting close to suppertime here, but I'll definitely respond with my opinions on all those questions soon as I can.

Look into astral travel.

Please share your insights and experiences so that we can ask follow-up questions. 

Is there life after death (meaning does our consciousness continue or terminate entirely)? 

Is there a God or other Supreme Being (or Race of Beings)?

Is there a point to this life or are we just a series of adaptations and mutations?  If there is a point, what is it?

Is there a heaven and a hell?  Do we reincarnate as other humans or species?

Is there a true religion or belief system?  How do you know?

Will you have a body when you die?  Will your family and other relationships matter?  Will there be sex and other "worldly" pleasures in heaven or hell?

What brought to your belief?  Is it a belief or more of a concrete knowledge based on empirical experience?  Have you had an out-of-body experience?

What books do you recommend for learning more about your religion or belief system?  Besides dying what methods are there for learning more? 

Or is speculation in this area a waste of time because we're no better than mere ants pondering humanity's existence and the world around them?

Please share your thoughts, beliefs, and experiences (videos are great) because I'm trying to find answers to these questions (if it's even possible) and I would really like to know what others here on COP believe.  I only ask that you show UTMOST RESPECT to others' beliefs because we're all here seeking truth and others whom you disparage may be actually right in the end. 

Got a few minutes...

Yes, I believe there is life after death.

Yes, I believe there is a God. There are less powerful spiritual beings, some benevolent and some malevolent. The good ones are "angels" (lit. "messengers in the Greek) who serve God and man. The bad ones are Satan (the Adversary, the Dragon, etc.) who was the most powerful and beautiful angel, and the lesser angels who followed him. These are also called "principalities and powers" in the Bible. 

Yes, there is a point to life, in fact many. By inference I believe some of those purposes are beyond our understanding and we trust God to know what he's doing, but others include a test of our character and to see what we choose to do with what we were given. The original intent of God's creation was pleasant and peaceful, but man rebelled and handed over jurisdiction of the world to Satan, thus complicating the whole "meaning of life" question. Suffering and death were never God's intention, but he provided a way out for any who choose it.

Yes, there is a heaven and a hell. I don't believe in reincarnation or karma.

Yes, I believe there is such a thing as spiritual truth. How anyone knows what lies beyond is a whole different matter, which ultimately stems from principles we hold as foundational or axiomatic, as "givens". Every belief system stems from a presumption.

The righteous will have what the Bible calls a "spiritual" or immortal body. Relationships will likely endure, emotionally speaking, but there will be no need to reproduce. However, there will be plenty of other pleasures to enjoy. The unrighteous are not given immortal bodies.

That's all I have time for right now, will continue.

Please share your insights and experiences so that we can ask follow-up questions. 

ive been outside of my body for a short time...thats about it

ive been outside of my body for a short time...thats about it

How'd you do it and what did you experience? 

Got a few minutes...

Yes, I believe there is life after death.

Yes, I believe there is a God. There are less powerful spiritual beings, some benevolent and some malevolent. The good ones are "angels" (lit. "messengers in the Greek) who serve God and man. The bad ones are Satan (the Adversary, the Dragon, etc.) who was the most powerful and beautiful angel, and the lesser angels who followed him. These are also called "principalities and powers" in the Bible. 

Yes, there is a point to life, in fact many. By inference I believe some of those purposes are beyond our understanding and we trust God to know what he's doing, but others include a test of our character and to see what we choose to do with what we were given. The original intent of God's creation was pleasant and peaceful, but man rebelled and handed over jurisdiction of the world to Satan, thus complicating the whole "meaning of life" question. Suffering and death were never God's intention, but he provided a way out for any who choose it.

Yes, there is a heaven and a hell. I don't believe in reincarnation or karma.

Yes, I believe there is such a thing as spiritual truth. How anyone knows what lies beyond is a whole different matter, which ultimately stems from principles we hold as foundational or axiomatic, as "givens". Every belief system stems from a presumption.

The righteous will have what the Bible calls a "spiritual" or immortal body. Relationships will likely endure, emotionally speaking, but there will be no need to reproduce. However, there will be plenty of other pleasures to enjoy. The unrighteous are not given immortal bodies.

That's all I have time for right now, will continue.

Continuing...

Re. what brought me to my belief: I'm an analytical person, so I look at evidence and probability and logic. Evidence for past events is largely a forensic matter, rather than strictly scientific, and many have applied these principles to the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. Some are convinced it happened, others are not. But that's just the analytical side; the spiritual side is more something I've just always known. I have had instances of what I call "knowing" regarding certain personal experiences, but nothing dramatic or overwhelming. I did grow up in a Christian home, but I never shrunk back from digging into the difficult questions, since truth would not be harmed by an honest investigation.

Books I'd recommend start naturally with the Bible. There are also many quality commentaries, though there isn't one I agree with completely. I wouldn't recommend most popular books, as they seem shallow and appeal mostly to opinions and impressions.

In the end, as I mentioned, we're all speculating. But I do believe that our creator wants us to seek him out, and that attention paid to the spiritual is more worthy of our time than anything else we might think about.

Continuing...

Re. what brought me to my belief: I'm an analytical person, so I look at evidence and probability and logic. Evidence for past events is largely a forensic matter, rather than strictly scientific, and many have applied these principles to the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. Some are convinced it happened, others are not. But that's just the analytical side; the spiritual side is more something I've just always known. I have had instances of what I call "knowing" regarding certain personal experiences, but nothing dramatic or overwhelming. I did grow up in a Christian home, but I never shrunk back from digging into the difficult questions, since truth would not be harmed by an honest investigation.

Books I'd recommend start naturally with the Bible. There are also many quality commentaries, though there isn't one I agree with completely. I wouldn't recommend most popular books, as they seem shallow and appeal mostly to opinions and impressions.

In the end, as I mentioned, we're all speculating. But I do believe that our creator wants us to seek him out, and that attention paid to the spiritual is more worthy of our time than anything else we might think about.

Thanks for sharing Challenger.

I know a man personally that had a massive heart attack.

Died twice before being brought back from void.

life after death?

A gimme to me.

I know where I am probably going.

And I hate hot places with a passion!

:IBPlzqK:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.