Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CGK

Supermoon Eclipse Tonight!

21 posts in this topic

I'm sure by now everyone is aware of the celestial event that is taking place tonight. This cosmic alignment wont happen again until 2033 so don't forget look to the skies this evening.

As with any full moon there is a lot of energy associated with it. If you are feeling aggravated or extra energized today, blame it on the moon!

NASA Scientist Sheds Light on Rare Sept. 27 Supermoon Eclipse

Coming soon for the first time in more than 30 years: you’ll be able to witness a supermoon in combination with a lunar eclipse.

<snip>

But the proverbial stars only align for this event once every few decades, making this phenomenon much rarer than a supermoon or a lunar eclipse separately. The last supermoon/lunar eclipse combination occurred in 1982 and the next won’t happen until 2033. "That’s rare because it’s something an entire generation may not have seen," said Petro.

<snip>

The total eclipse will last one hour and 12 minutes, and will be visible to North and South America, Europe, Africa, and parts of West Asia and the eastern Pacific. Viewers can see the supermoon unmasked after nightfall. Earth’s shadow will begin to dim the supermoon slightly beginning at 8:11 p.m. EDT. A noticeable shadow will begin to fall on the moon at 9:07 p.m., and the total eclipse will start at 10:11 p.m.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-scientist-sheds-light-on-rare-sept-27-supermoon-eclipse

Here is what the National Institute of Health has to say about full moons. Be safe!

The incidence of crimes reported to three police stations in different towns (one rural, one urban, one industrial) was studied to see if it varied with the day of the lunar cycle. The period of the study covered 1978-82. The incidence of crimes committed on full moon days was much higher than on all other days, new moon days, and seventh days after the full moon and new moon. A small peak in the incidence of crimes was observed on new moon days, but this was not significant when compared with crimes committed on other days. The incidence of crimes on equinox and solstice days did not differ significantly from those on other days, suggesting that the sun probably does not influence the incidence of crime. The increased incidence of crimes on full moon days may be due to "human tidal waves" caused by the gravitational pull of the moon.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1444800/

Here's praying for clear skies tonight. I only have a small camcorder but will put it on a tripod and try to record the event.

Time to take pictures.

I believe that even Yerushalayim is able to see it, whereas usually it is on the other side of the people of interest.  It appears that it will be just before the sun comes up there.

I can't wait, thx cgk for keeping us updated.

You are welcome DK! We should have clear skies tonight in our neck of the woods. I hope I can get some good pictures tonight.

Read the rest of the bullshit here:

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2015/09/dont-look-at-tonights-full-lunar-eclipse-3220354.html

Although rarely understood in Western civilization, an eclipse of either of the two major luminaries (Sun and Moon) is considered an inauspicious event. Throughout the East it is generally recognized that a full lunar or full solar eclipse is a particularly foreboding event. However, they also knew that these 5-day periods (which included 2 days before and after the eclipse) were uniquely charged in such a way that seekers could utilize them to greatly advance themselves on their spiritual paths.

On the mundane level, however, there was alway apprehension about the immediate future.  The ancient cultures of India and China were especially attentive to the causative effects that a full eclipse could have on the affairs of men.  The modern societies of the West have oriented themselves in quite opposite ways.  Out of ignorance many in America revel in the sight of a major luminary whose light is being unfortunately obscured.

Why is that? Why do Westerners gleefully stare at an eclipse, where informed Asians religiously avoid such a practice?

Looking at a blood moon in itself is not a bad thing.  Of course we know that the light from the sun bounces off the earth's atmosphere onto the moon making it the blood moon that it is.  Of course, the dark side of man seems to be the shadow of the light.  But the interesting part is that how does it happen in time with what's going on planet earth?  You wouldn't think that there would be quite a connection.  I just sneezed and oh I shouldn't have done that, now here's comes a blood moon, oh dear!  Maybe not quite that cynical. 

But the Stonehenge actually was created to try to predict when these things would happen.  So there's a little mystery in figuring out when and where and how long these would occur. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.