Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Alternative News and article dates

6 posts in this topic

I've discovered that some alternative websites are presenting news as current events when they aren't. What you will see is a current date on their article, when the information is weeks, months and even years old.

Another thing I've noticed is that you might have to click on as many as three links to get to the original article. Some alternative news sites are actually quoting other alternative news sites and their links lead back to an outdated msm article.  It's always good to trace your source all the way back to find out the real date of publication.

This seems to be a fairly new trend and it's not a good one. Though some old information is useful, most is not useful anymore.

Edited by Cinnamon
2 people like this

Yeah, it's really annoying when somebody gives a link to a story and you have to click a couple more times to get to the original. News aggregaters should state what they are clearly, and not just rehash old news. We really do have to keep our eyes peeled.

It's the byproduct of mass media, good sources of information are few and far between.  Sad state of affairs.

There's no excuse for bad journalism. In their defense, I expect they don't have the resources (money) to support vigorous investigations. Now, how about the MSM? They have ample bank accounts, corporate sponsors, they pick, they decide what's newsworthy, they are judge, jury, and rabble rousers. But well-dressed ones!

This is actually part of the reason I don't write as many articles as I'd like. Info is really only worthy writing about if its fresh unless it fits into the health or knowledge category as its always useful but I try not to cover old news.

I always try to watch for sources, dates, timestamps, ect, posting old news is not good.

A lot of people don't like before its news, they usually don't know how to navigate the site.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.