Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
McWest

Meanwhile in Russia....

11 posts in this topic

Now that is impressive!

How in the Hell did they do that?

SK

:ohmy:

I'm thinking there must be a post in the middle, with platforms, and what they're mostly doing is keeping things balanced (as opposed to actually "holding it all up", which it is designed to look like.)

I'm thinking there must be a post in the middle, with platforms, and what they're mostly doing is keeping things balanced (as opposed to actually "holding it all up", which it is designed to look like.)

If you look close you can see the post between the third row of men (through the gaps in their legs).

I recall the USA boycotted those Olympics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Summer_Olympics_boycott

Politics and sports don't get mixed in NZ after the 1981 springbok tour. There was call to boycott a Rugby Tour to France after the French government had agents bomb a Green Peace ship docked at NZ  which spurred NZ's nuclear free policy. The PM of the day suggested we don't mix our political views with sport after what had happened in 1981.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_South_Africa_rugby_union_tour

Rugby Union is religion in NZ.

The CT story behind the tour was the CIA put the PM of the day up to it knowing it would cause mass protests and they would be able to test Riot shields which had just been developed but never used in action. Split families, people who were against apatite and people who just wanted to see the All Blacks (yes ironic isn't it, the national rugby team is called the All Blacks and they were playing South Africa). Wives didn't sit with husbands and some didn't talk to each other during the whole tour. Even workplaces were divided by the Moral set and those who wanted to see NZ take on their greatest rivals in Rugby Union. A lot of beer was consumed that year.

Muldoon was a Freemason (the NZ PM). He was also bribed to take NZ into deep debt using the "Think Big" project of the Clyde Damn which us used to power NZ biggest Ionic Heater (covert, not publicly known of) and  Camalco's Aluminium plant in the South Island. Without that Dam Rio Tinto wouldn't be making some of the purest and cheapest Aluminium in the world.

Damn conspiracies are everywhere, even Dam conspiracies.

Russia still owes us for several million sheep we exported to them as well during that time period. Never got to the bottom of that. No Rothschild bank meant they couldn't pay us in cash.

If you look close you can see the post between the third row of men (through the gaps in their legs).

I recall the USA boycotted those Olympics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Summer_Olympics_boycott

Politics and sports don't get mixed in NZ after the 1981 springbok tour. There was call to boycott a Rugby Tour to France after the French government had agents bomb a Green Peace ship docked at NZ  which spurred NZ's nuclear free policy. The PM of the day suggested we don't mix our political views with sport after what had happened in 1981.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_South_Africa_rugby_union_tour

Rugby Union is religion in NZ.

The CT story behind the tour was the CIA put the PM of the day up to it knowing it would cause mass protests and they would be able to test Riot shields which had just been developed but never used in action. Split families, people who were against apatite and people who just wanted to see the All Blacks (yes ironic isn't it, the national rugby team is called the All Blacks and they were playing South Africa). Wives didn't sit with husbands and some didn't talk to each other during the whole tour. Even workplaces were divided by the Moral set and those who wanted to see NZ take on their greatest rivals in Rugby Union. A lot of beer was consumed that year.

Muldoon was a Freemason (the NZ PM). He was also bribed to take NZ into deep debt using the "Think Big" project of the Clyde Damn which us used to power NZ biggest Ionic Heater (covert, not publicly known of) and  Camalco's Aluminium plant in the South Island. Without that Dam Rio Tinto wouldn't be making some of the purest and cheapest Aluminium in the world.

Damn conspiracies are everywhere, even Dam conspiracies.

Russia still owes us for several million sheep we exported to them as well during that time period. Never got to the bottom of that. No Rothschild bank meant they couldn't pay us in cash.

Ah, yes, I vaguely recall some of that drama with the All Blacks back then.  Doesn't surprise me if there were plots to stir the pot, etc.  Anyways, Rugby has never interested me one bit which is why I wasn't paying attention to those events.

Ah, yes, I vaguely recall some of that drama with the All Blacks back then.  Doesn't surprise me if there were plots to stir the pot, etc.  Anyways, Rugby has never interested me one bit which is why I wasn't paying attention to those events.

I would be surprised if anyone outside of NZ was interested in Rugby.

NZ is insignificant globally.

Our claims to fame is one of our bee keepers was the first to climb Mt Everest and return alive, Rutherford Split the Atom. We invented refrigerated shipping and instant coffee. There isn't much more we have added globally apart from being the first nation to give women the vote. Hardly world breaking stuff and not anything which draws attention on a global scale. Most people don't even know where we are geographically.

Why Rugby is significant in NZ is because our kids play it.

Every parent (not every parent but most) takes their kids to play Rugby on Saturday morning in winter where they all meet up and discuss the goings on that are happening in your town or suburb.

NZ is one of the best nations at Rugby so it is promoted heavily as why were are clearly the best nation in the world (joking of course). Every nation uses what it is good at to bind the people to it. Kids play Rugby from age 6 upward. Not tackle at that age, that starts a age 8. No scrums until age 10-12 and it isn't truly physical until age 15 or so. When I say it is the national religion I am not joking. There are more parents who take their kids to ruby than attend any religious events.

When the National team fails to secure the World Cup (currently on and NZ will play Australia in the final next week in England) the government gets rolled. That is the depth of feeling many NZer have for the game. They are so angry when the team fails they displace their anger on to the government. No NZ revolution will be successful while the National Rugby team is the World Champions. Our government banks on it.

I would be surprised if anyone outside of NZ was interested in Rugby.

NZ is insignificant globally.

Our claims to fame is one of our bee keepers was the first to climb Mt Everest and return alive, Rutherford Split the Atom. We invented refrigerated shipping and instant coffee. There isn't much more we have added globally apart from being the first nation to give women the vote. Hardly world breaking stuff and not anything which draws attention on a global scale. Most people don't even know where we are geographically.

Why Rugby is significant in NZ is because our kids play it.

Every parent (not every parent but most) takes their kids to play Rugby on Saturday morning in winter where they all meet up and discuss the goings on that are happening in your town or suburb.

NZ is one of the best nations at Rugby so it is promoted heavily as why were are clearly the best nation in the world (joking of course). Every nation uses what it is good at to bind the people to it. Kids play Rugby from age 6 upward. Not tackle at that age, that starts a age 8. No scrums until age 10-12 and it isn't truly physical until age 15 or so. When I say it is the national religion I am not joking. There are more parents who take their kids to ruby than attend any religious events.

When the National team fails to secure the World Cup (currently on and NZ will play Australia in the final next week in England) the government gets rolled. That is the depth of feeling many NZer have for the game. They are so angry when the team fails they displace their anger on to the government. No NZ revolution will be successful while the National Rugby team is the World Champions. Our government banks on it.

Yes, I know how it is with the rugby fever.  It's similar here in South Africa.  Kids used to even be forced to- or at least strongly-coerced to play it at school.  It's still heavily-encouraged.  None of it interests me though.  You Kiwis have an interesting country; I've always seen it as a curious place.

Edited by Sky Cat

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.