Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Here it comes Government Shutdown No Foodstamps Oct.1

6 posts in this topic

By MARY CLARE JALONICK, Associated Press Sept. 22, 2015

WASHINGTON (AP) — A government shutdown Oct. 1 could immediately suspend or delay food stamp payments to some of the 46 million Americans who receive the food aid.

The Agriculture Department said Tuesday that it will stop providing benefits at the beginning of October if Congress does not pass legislation to keep government agencies open.

Read the whole post here : http://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2015/09/22/government-shutdown-could-cut-off-food-stamps

They are getting the food banks and kitchens ready !

http://img.wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/lunch-lady-doris-2.jpg

1 person likes this

I'm sure we all know what's going to happen if they don't fund these programs. My only question is how many days will it take for the riots to start if they don't. On the other hand, they pull this same drama scene over and over with the budget.  I can't believe this is even called a budget anymore.

I'm sure we all know what's going to happen if they don't fund these programs. My only question is how many days will it take for the riots to start if they don't. On the other hand, they pull this same drama scene over and over with the budget.  I can't believe this is even called a budget anymore.

Ya how can it be called a budget when dollars are made from air ?

As for when the riots would start ? I think as soon as they discover that their cards wont cover alcohol, drugs and potato chips .

Really I hope that food stamps wont shut down there are to many good people that depend on them , Elderly and many families with children .

I know that riots are fun to watch but to see hunger will put a tear in your eye !

I know. I don't want anyone to go hungry that's trying to survive. The economy sucks and the jobs do, too.

1 person likes this

They play this blackmail game every year. Government shutdown...promises promises!!!

1 person likes this

This is one reason why it's so important to prep.
If you know someone who relies on food stamps contact them.
Let the people you care about know you have their backs if it goes down.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.