Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AceMan

Ethnic Restaurants, Small Business vs Corporate

4 posts in this topic

Unlike Corporations, Small Businesses are not equal opportunity employers, thus they can hire the people that are best qualified.

The best Indian food, comes from small business indian restaurants with cooks, and wait staff that are indian.

The best Italian food comes from small business Italian restaurants with cooks and wait staff that are Italian, sometimes irish because of interaction between them

The best greek food comes from small business greek restaurants with cooks and wait staff that are greek.

Corporations and large companies on the other hand have no such legal abilities, they must hire people based on their legal qualifications, which are much, much, much, much more immensely more liberal than people's palates are.

But there is a reason for that.

Its because big businesses are responsible for hiring the mass public as a whole, they provide the real jobs and the money.

So being a corporation business or a large business is a trade off....  quality for equality,   and being a small business is the opposite trade off, Equality, turned in for Quality

You got it wrong.

Everyone knows Indians are scientists or doctors.

Irish are hitmen or drunks.

Italians are in the Mafia.

And Greeks are too busy chillin' in their Speedos.

2 people like this

Unlike Corporations, Small Businesses are not equal opportunity employers, thus they can hire the people that are best qualified.

Corporations and large companies on the other hand have no such legal abilities, they must hire people based on their legal qualifications, which are much, much, much, much more immensely more liberal than people's palates are.

But there is a reason for that.

Its because big businesses are responsible for hiring the mass public as a whole, they provide the real jobs and the money.

So being a corporation business or a large business is a trade off....  quality for equality,   and being a small business is the opposite trade off, Equality, turned in for Quality

While both are supposed to hire based upon qualifications, often they both do not. Affirmative action has gotten into business, where an affirmative action person may not be the best qualified or legal qualified to be there, but is there to take up affirmative action. 

I don't know what else to say besides corporations and small businesses have "disqualified me" for about 10 years + for being too qualified. Instead of hiring the most qualified, they instead say "your too qualified to work" thus hiring someone less qualified instead, sidestepping the whole qualification aspect.

Basically from my understanding is they are stating "we are against higher education" by hiring a less qualified individual, while at the same time the company says "we are for higher education". Basically you are stuck in a catch 22. I am sick and tired of being sick and tired, which I have been since lets see, age 8. I am tomorrow going to travel to find a better place to live, which actually will hire you, instead of discriminating against you, which then you continue to get screwed over and over and life passes you by. I would have been a millionaire time and time again, had I actually had any money to make that happen, which those in control didn't want to happen, thus hiring the lesser qualified individual, and shorting me, allowing me to not have any $.

Not sure why your post was down-voted. Before chain restaurants mucked up the landscape with their sameness we had mom and pop greasy spoons where you actually took a risk with an unfamiliar menu. My parents liked to take road trips so I grew up with these independent restaurants that were mostly hole-in-the-wall joints serving up the best Mexican or Chinese food.

I highly doubt that small businesses have much freedom today but at least they are trying to make a living and not obsessed with gettin' rich. I support them with my wallet.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.