Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rothbard

8 Days to the Flat Earth Weather Balloon Launch - Flat vs. Sphere Poll

8 Days to the Flat Earth Weather Balloon Launch - Flat vs. Sphere Poll   38 members have voted

1. 1. In just 7 days, at least a couple of weather balloons will be launched with four hightech cameras each (without fisheye lenses) to determine whether a curvature is visible above 100,000 feet. These will be launched during the blood moon - a secondary objective. What's your prediction? Curvature or Flat Horizon?

• The Earth will appear FLAT
    • The Earth will appear as a SPHERE

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

717 posts in this topic

Make sure the official results are published right here for both sides to see.
This should finally put an end to all this bullshit between both camps.
I'm open minded, but Those who claim flat earth have to do the convincing.

1 person likes this

well the poll splits us 50/50 in opinions thats rare in a poll. but i guess that shows we have many viewpoints instead of one sided ones like some places :D

Edited by Ukshep
1 person likes this

This should be interesting to see.
I love it when people test things out for themselves by running their own experiments! 
I just hope this doesn't come around and bite him in the ass.

Of note, I hope he plans to jump through all the FAA bullshit-hoops regarding unmanned balloon flights, or he is going to get into a major heap of trouble doing this in the USA. (No idea what the regulations are like in the UK, but that person will likely have hoops-o-plenty to jump through as well)

Here are the FAA regulations:
http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=933845a7be0dba9cec31d9396dc7ac0c&mc=true&node=sp14.2.101.d&rgn=div6

It could be both but you'd have to get outside the barrier to know for sure. We could be living INSIDE a sphere like the ones in this photo. The structure inside would be a relatively flat plane because everybody knows you can't walk on a curve unless you're Spiderman or some other insect. Anyway, I voted for flat because we build our infrastructure that way. Simple logistics of humanoids walking upright.

http://www.philpauley.com/concept_designs/2/4.jpg

The Earth is so large, for all intents and purposes it is flat where we are located.

And since there is no "up" in infinite three dimensional space, we all feel just right.

If it comes back, that the earth is round (more than likely). The flat earth nuts, will say their experiment was hijacked..

If it comes back, that the earth is round (more than likely). The flat earth nuts, will say their experiment was hijacked..

And if it comes back flat, what will your response be? 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.