Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

A Texan Responds To Being Told His Accent Is ‘Offensive’

29 posts in this topic

I was about to call BS until I saw the sliding rear window indicating that indeed this video was filmed inside a pickup truck. Devoid of an accent myself, I prefer the southern drawl over the nasal east coast speech pattern.

:chuckle:

No offense to C. Mole, et al.

Gee, I wonder if the person who was "offended" by that man's accent is equally offended by urban slang, Hispanic, Asian, European, and all other various accents that they do not do themselves?

1 person likes this

Pretty soon they'll try to ban southern accents.

Why not? They've already banned their flag!

1 person likes this

Why not? They've already banned their flag!

I was thinking the same thing when I made my post.

I was thinking the same thing when I made my post.

That video was great, and now I'm all out of green.
Otherwise I was "GONNA" (LOL) give CSB one
"CAUSE" (LOL) he deserves it!

I'm "TALKIN" southern/Texan style too. LOL...

I can't believe people find drawls offensive.  I just wanted to point out that the Texan accent isn't a full Southern drawl.  It isn't as heavy and it has a bit more "twang."  The accent reduces in strength as you traverse from the Eastern part of the state to the Western part.  I live in the Western half where we have neutral accents.  Then again we're more "Southwestern" out here as compare to East Texas.  However, the accented Texan drawl kicks rear end!  Whomever told that man in the video that his accent is offensive needs to be punched in the mouth!  Y'all take it easy!  :yes:

"And here is another term we use down south we're not ashamed of, 'God Bless'"

Need a lot more of him in this world.

Sad thing is the person who complained of his accent and claims it makes him sound ignorant would probably have to be pried off the ceiling they would be so defensive if someone were to claim black people were ignorant due to the color their skin. (I guess only southern blacks with accents would be ignorant....)

-AL

I really like the southern drawl   :)

I like that people still use "sir and "ma'am"  here. In other parts of the country "sir" is only associated with the military. I also like the formal practice of addressing people as Mr. or Mrs. such-n-such mostly because no one does it anymore! In old movies, married couples addressed themselves this way but I cannot address Mr. YourMom as such because in his eyes I'm already too far out there. One must acquiesce to the current century to some degree.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.