Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CGK

Obama Nominates Openly Gay Man for Secretary of the Army

9 posts in this topic

Oh this should go over well! When is this guy going to stop shoving his agenda in our faces?

President nominates first openly gay Army secretary

Eric Fanning, formerly one of Defense Secretary Ash Carter’s closest advisers, has been nominated to be the next Army secretary, the White House announced Friday.

Fanning has been serving as the acting under secretary of the Army since June. Before that, he served as Carter’s chief of staff. If confirmed by the Senate, Fanning will succeed Army Secretary John McHugh, who has said he will leave the post by Nov. 1 after six years on the job.

“Eric brings many years of proven experience and exceptional leadership to this new role,” President Barack Obama said in a statement. “I am grateful for his commitment to our men and women in uniform, and I am confident he will help lead America's Soldiers with distinction. I look forward to working with Eric to keep our Army the very best in the world.”

Widely viewed as one of the most capable leaders in the Pentagon, Fanning became Air Force undersecretary in April 2013. He served several months as acting secretary while the confirmation of now-Secretary Deborah Lee James was stuck in Congress.

Before that, he was deputy undersecretary of the Navy and its deputy chief management officer from 2009-2013.

In addition to his long resume, Fanning would also mark a milestone if he does become the Army secretary, as the first openly gay secretary of a military branch.

More: http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/09/18/president-nominates-first-openly-gay-army-secretary/72414970/

What's the issue? He has a ligit resume, and the only reason anyone is making a deal about him being openly gay is because of the latest Supreme Court decision. Gay or Straight, doesn't he qualify, and this is more MSM playing up the one thing about the man that doesn't matter to the job? Do they think he's gonna just fablous up the military? Glitter uniforms! Bedazzled, even! Nah. With that, I now will hide behind my tin foil shield: 

Edited by Last1oftheJedi
link fix.

What's the issue? He has a ligit resume, and the only reason anyone is making a deal about him being openly gay is because of the latest Supreme Court decision. Gay or Straight, doesn't he qualify, and this is more MSM playing up the one thing about the man that doesn't matter to the job? Do they think he's gonna just fablous up the military? Glitter uniforms! Bedazzled, even! Nah. With that, I now will hide behind my tin foil shield: 

A homosexual has no place in leadership of the Army.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.