Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Talon

What’s the Story with Ahmed Mohamed and his Ridiculous Briefcase “Clock”?

23 posts in this topic

From the moment the story broke, I just figured it was a plan by the parents to cash in on the race/religion card.

1 person likes this

From the link:

Now, let me ask you a question. What good is a “clock” in a closed briefcase? What good is a “clock” in a closed metal briefcase with a countdown timer or an alarm on it? What purpose can that serve?

Anyone wish to answer that? No?

Moving on.

It was only after the briefcase “clock” started going off in the middle of class that the English teacher took notice of the Muslim looking kid and his “invention” and it was only after that and inspecting the very suspect looking “clock” that the teacher, doing what she is compelled by law to do, contacted the school administration and they contacted law enforcement.
-----
Why would Ahmed make something like this? He had to have known what it looked like especially after he tied those stupid little wires to the clasp. And why would he set the alarm to go off in the middle of class? Why would he continue to carry it around after he had ALREADY shown it to the teacher he wished to impress and that teacher told him he had better keep it under wraps?

He did these things because his father told him to. That’s why.

:cmicsfee:

1 person likes this

There is a great work-up on this hoax done by an engineer over at Art Voice which one of the readers here linked us to in the comment section of my earlier article. This engineer makes it clear that Ahmed didn’t “invent” anything and in fact, he didn’t even make a clock.. he just busted one apart and stuck the pieces in the pencil box. He actually found the exact clock that Ahmed busted apart to make his hoax bomb.

“I found the highest resolution photograph of the clock I could. Instantly, I was disappointed. Somewhere in all of this – there has indeed been a hoax. Ahmed Mohamed didn’t invent his own alarm clock. He didn’t even build a clock.

https://willyloman.wordpress.com/2015/09/18/ahmed-mohameds-hoax-bomb-updates-no-he-didnt-invent-it/

1 person likes this

The narrative that 'he didn't invent' is disappointing to me.  It says to me in our current culture kids (remember that) aren't allowed to break things down and remake them without being brought before the police?  Toe the line people...

How else are they meant to learn.  Watch?  Please...youtube has enough to answer for already without making life a 'hands-off' experience. 

I find it kinda funny some people are so precious about...EVERYTHING.  You may not carry a suitcase in case its mistaken for a BOMB. 

TOE the line and then you'll be safe...nuff about helicopter parents, helicopter Government is coming. 

The narrative that 'he didn't invent' is disappointing to me.  It says to me in our current culture kids (remember that) aren't allowed to break things down and remake them without being brought before the police?  Toe the line people...

How else are they meant to learn.  Watch?  Please...youtube has enough to answer for already without making life a 'hands-off' experience. 

I find it kinda funny some people are so precious about...EVERYTHING.  You may not carry a suitcase in case its mistaken for a BOMB. 

TOE the line and then you'll be safe...nuff about helicopter parents, helicopter Government is coming. 

Breaking apart a clock and screwing the pieces to a case is NOT learning or invention, and doing this is nothing short of LYING. You might as well call it "invention" if you tape two nails together and call it a sword. This kid did NOT reverse engineer the clock, nor demonstrate any understanding of how it worked, nor do anything new with the parts. He learned nothing but that you can get rich and famous by lying and setting yourself up to be a victim of bigotry. That's the lesson here. It's NOT about the school being paranoid, as if the kid made a bomb shape out of a piece of toast.

Apparently the student wouldn't speak to the police officers, wasn't responding when they asked him questions about the device. THAT is what led to him being arrested, as per the zero-tolerance rules of the school. As in the same rules that kids get expelled and/or arrested for, such as pointing a finger at someone and going "Bang!" Those are riiculous, but in this case, the kid wouldn't reply to the officers, which is disrespectful of them and the rules.

There is a lot more to this story than meets the eye.

The city of Irving has been fighting with Muslim residents for a while because they tried to create a Sharia law court in Irving back in March.  Mayor Duyne put an end to their plans which really ticked off a lot of Muslims.

National Islamic furor focuses on Irving vote tonight

A national furor over Islam has touched down in the heart of North Texas, where Irving’s mayor has accused mosque leaders of creating separate laws for Muslims, and requested a City Council vote this evening to endorse a state bill that Muslims say targets their faith.

The dispute has made Mayor Beth Van Duyne a hero among a fringe movement that believes Muslims — a tiny fraction of the U.S. population — are plotting to take over American culture and courts.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/northwest-dallas-county/headlines/20150319-national-islamic-furor-focuses-on-irving-vote-tonight.ece

Then you throw Ahmed's father into the mix. Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed certainly has an agenda of his own.

(Video summary...He is talking about his bid for President of the Reform Party in Sudan and his personal bio)

This needs to go into the equation too.

Ahmed’s clock was hardly his most elaborate creation. He said he threw it together in about 20 minutes before bedtime on Sunday: a circuit board and power supply wired to a digital display, all strapped inside a case with a tiger hologram on the front.

He showed it to his engineering teacher first thing Monday morning and didn’t get quite the reaction he’d hoped for.

“He was like, ‘That’s really nice,’” Ahmed said. “‘I would advise you not to show any other teachers.’”

He kept the clock inside his school bag in English class, but the teacher complained when the alarm beeped in the middle of a lesson. Ahmed brought his invention up to show her afterward.

“She was like, it looks like a bomb,” he said.

“I told her, ‘It doesn’t look like a bomb to me.’”

The teacher kept the clock. When the principal and a police officer pulled Ahmed out of sixth period, he suspected he wouldn’t get it back.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/community-news/northwest-dallas-county/headlines/20150915-irving-ninth-grader-arrested-after-taking-homemade-clock-to-school.ece

I also question if Ahmed's teacher had a role in this too.

Let me get this straight. A Muslim teenager in a community that is already experiencing Islamic problems, brings a clock in a briefcase that looks like a bomb to school to show his teacher.  The teacher says, That's nice but don't show it to anyone else. The kid takes the ticking briefcase into a few more classes until it is discovered and all hell breaks loose.

Don't you think the engineering teacher should have said, "Ahmed..that's very cool but you should leave this device with me until after school because it looks a bit suspicious and we don't want to create any unnecessary problems."

If the teacher told Ahmed not to show it to anyone else, he was well aware of what it would be mistaken for.

This entire situation stinks and is simply another example of the Islamic agenda being pushed in America~!

How many TSA agents does it take to examine a clock timer in a suitcase after going through the airport scanner?

Total setup complete with the usual media circus suspects including #1 clown in the WH.

This has probably already been covered in the above, however I read these two before coming here (today) Alarm Clock Kid – It was a setup 9/23 _jsnip4

What’s the Story with Ahmed Mohamed and his Ridiculous Briefcase “Clock”? The Answer Lies with his Dad

edited above txt as the bible says "call no one on Earth your father, for this is one who is in heaven" http://biblehub.com/matthew/23-9.htm

http://www.catholicdoors.com/misc/apologetics/father.htm ?

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/call-no-man-father ?

To be safe, substituted the word just in case.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.