Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Public School Students Are the New Inmates in the American Police State

11 posts in this topic

oen-jpg_87833_20150914-263.jpg

In the American police state, you're either a prisoner (shackled, controlled, monitored, ordered about, limited in what you can do and say, your life not your own) or a prison bureaucrat (police officer, judge, jailer, spy, profiteer, etc.).

When you're a child in the American police state, life is that much worse.

Microcosms of the police state, America's public schools contain almost every aspect of the militarized, intolerant, senseless, overcriminalized, legalistic, surveillance-riddled, totalitarian landscape that plagues those of us on the "outside."

From the moment a child enters one of the nation's 98,000 public schools to the moment she graduates, she will be exposed to a steady diet of draconian zero tolerance policies that criminalize childish behavior, overreaching anti-bullying statutes that criminalize speech, school resource officers (police) tasked with disciplining and/or arresting so-called "disorderly" students, standardized testing that emphasizes rote answers over critical thinking, politically correct mindsets that teach young people to censor themselves and those around them, and extensive biometric and surveillance systems that, coupled with the rest, acclimate young people to a world in which they have no freedom of thought, speech or movement.

If your child is fortunate enough to survive his encounter with the public schools, you should count yourself fortunate.

Read the whole post here : http://www.opednews.com/articles/Public-School-Students-Are-by-John-Whitehead-American-Schools_Detention_Police-State_School-Lockdown-150914-6.html

School should literally just be called programming at this point.

You learn to shut the eff up or be humiliated by teachers, bullies, pissed off parents, principals, etc.

I wouldn't subject myself to that kind of environment, and I'm probably tougher than some kids.

1 person likes this

I have mixed emotions on this subject. The reason our children have become inmates in part, is because Parents have allowed it to happen.

The kids are turned over to the system to be "educated" because  both parents are in the workforce trying to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Being a stay at home mom has not been a respected profession since the 70's. Women burnt their bras, competed for men's jobs, threw their kids into daycare, and bought into "give your kids the best stuff MONEY can buy" lie.  The truth is, children don't need stuff, they need their parents time, love, attention, and direction.

20-30 years ago, If something went down at school, the mothers got on the barking chain and a mob of angry women showed up in the principles office demanding answers. More than not, the schools backed down because they couldn't win against a pack of Mamma Bears.  Moms were totally involved in their kids education. They volunteered at the school, helped on they playground, worked in the kitchen, read to the kids, assisted in field trips, organized fund raisers, gave free music and dance lessons after school, etc.

It's not that way today. If you want to volunteer at your kids school to do something as simple as pick up trash on the playground, you need a background check, drug screen and updated immunizations. The system makes it very difficult for parents to get involved, but that's the plan. Keep the parents out of the schools and the children are theirs to be molded into subservient little government lemmings.

If you don't want your children indoctrinated, there is always the option of private schools, which the majority of families can't afford. If you opt to home school, your children will get a good education and lack in social/coping skills that can only be learned when you throw them into a mob of their peers.

This whole mess is simply another symptom of an over reaching government coupled with a narcissistic, materialistic, "all about me" society.

I'm glad my kids are adults because I would go insane fighting the system. God Bless any parents out there who are still on the front lines. Stay strong and keep up the battle.....your children's future depends on it!

3 people like this

CGK, I gave you green for that post. Teachers have an impossible job to do now. They have to kowtow to school boards, mollycoddle badass kids, bend to the wishes of parents to put all their kids in the middle desk of the front row (no small feat), give the precious angels their homework assignments a week in advance, fill out forms and red tape to justify bureaucratic jobs for some school board's relative, and tolerate being punched now and then.

Now how do I know this stuff? Like the Syrians, I'm a refugee from the classroom. I taught for close to 30 years and walked away from the madness.

I was so old school, I was a dinosaur. I taught what I wanted the little darlings to know, not what the system told me I had to teach. When they did come after for me, despite my successes and accolades, and told me I had to toe the line, I told them where they could put their toe. Well, not really.

At least I didn't have to wear a uniform, like the kids had to. Uniforms! In public schools! Like British students. Oh, the insanity!

I miss teaching. I don't miss being a teacher. Two completely different things. Sorry to say, the best and brightest don't go into Education these days. They get degrees in other fields, then end up painting houses and "interning" for companies that will never hire them. If they do get a good job, it will be outsourced to India or China. Is home schooling the answer? Well, who writes the curricula and chooses the textbooks? Not teachers, fur durn shure.

1 person likes this

I have mixed emotions on this subject. The reason our children have become inmates in part, is because Parents have allowed it to happen.

The kids are turned over to the system to be "educated" because  both parents are in the workforce trying to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table.

Being a stay at home mom has not been a respected profession since the 70's. Women burnt their bras, competed for men's jobs, threw their kids into daycare, and bought into "give your kids the best stuff MONEY can buy" lie.  The truth is, children don't need stuff, they need their parents time, love, attention, and direction.

20-30 years ago, If something went down at school, the mothers got on the barking chain and a mob of angry women showed up in the principles office demanding answers. More than not, the schools backed down because they couldn't win against a pack of Mamma Bears.  Moms were totally involved in their kids education. They volunteered at the school, helped on they playground, worked in the kitchen, read to the kids, assisted in field trips, organized fund raisers, gave free music and dance lessons after school, etc.

It's not that way today. If you want to volunteer at your kids school to do something as simple as pick up trash on the playground, you need a background check, drug screen and updated immunizations. The system makes it very difficult for parents to get involved, but that's the plan. Keep the parents out of the schools and the children are theirs to be molded into subservient little government lemmings.

If you don't want your children indoctrinated, there is always the option of private schools, which the majority of families can't afford. If you opt to home school, your children will get a good education and lack in social/coping skills that can only be learned when you throw them into a mob of their peers.

This whole mess is simply another symptom of an over reaching government coupled with a narcissistic, materialistic, "all about me" society.

I'm glad my kids are adults because I would go insane fighting the system. God Bless any parents out there who are still on the front lines. Stay strong and keep up the battle.....your children's future depends on it!

narcissistic traits are the signature sign that programming is now the norm across the board of humanity. Materialistic programming for the accumulation of specific possessions has undermined every family value. 

Great post. 

God Bless you Grav! I'm sure you were one hell of a teacher. Its a pity that the system has run a lot of good teachers out of the classroom.  Thanks to you, many young minds were nurtured while under your watch.

Our public schools are so messed up today. No more music, art, gym class, home economics, shop class, or anything else that might stimulate their young brains. Teach to the test to get federal funding...that's it!

Instead of giving kids recess breaks and a long lunch to run around on the playground to burn off some energy, they are diagnosed with hyperactivity disorders and medicated so they sit quietly in their desks.

You know what happens in China if there is a problem in school?  One of the parents goes to school and sits with their child in class making sure they learn and behave. If we adopted that practice in the US, the entire system would be turned upside down in a week! 

God Bless you Grav! I'm sure you were one hell of a teacher. Its a pity that the system has run a lot of good teachers out of the classroom.  Thanks to you, many young minds were nurtured while under your watch.

Our public schools are so messed up today. No more music, art, gym class, home economics, shop class, or anything else that might stimulate their young brains. Teach to the test to get federal funding...that's it!

Instead of giving kids recess breaks and a long lunch to run around on the playground to burn off some energy, they are diagnosed with hyperactivity disorders and medicated so they sit quietly in their desks.

You know what happens in China if there is a problem in school?  One of the parents goes to school and sits with their child in class making sure they learn and behave. If we adopted that practice in the US, the entire system would be turned upside down in a week! 

:lol_alpha:  I had that happen to me once. A parent sat in my class with her kid, oh, about 20 years ago. She had complained about how her son or daughter had been treated. I don't know what the specific complaint was. My principal, an old-school no-nonsense administrator, told her to spend a whole day with her very unhappy 11th grader, who I'd never had a speck of trouble with.

She tried to sneak out when the bell rang. I stopped her and asked her what she thought.

She complimented me and told me she wouldn't have my job for all the tea in China. :yShVbSg:

All schools should require every parent to do the same, no matter if the student is performing well or not. If parents had to substitute one (1) day in their children's school, they would come away with a new attitude about life in the classroom. IF they made it through a whole day! 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.