Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

What causes Earths Gravity?

18 posts in this topic

Mum and Dad caused me. Duh.

Science has no clue. Duh. Do they ever know anything?

Maybe a weak electromagnetic force inherent in all things.

I want to know what the ether is.

Mum and Dad caused me. Duh.

Science has no clue. Duh. Do they ever know anything?

Maybe a weak electromagnetic force inherent in all things.

I want to know what the ether is.

I want to hear all your theories, explanations, whatever you guys got.

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

I found this show how it ia pushing force and how you can do this experiment at home

EXPERIMENTAL PROOF THAT GRAVITY IS AN ATTRACTION, NOT A REPULSIVE FORCE.

(This experiment can be done at home by anyone)

Make a torsional pendulum using a stick about 1 meter long. Use 2 or 3 fine wires attached at each end to suspend the pendulum at is mid-point. Fix one end of the wires at the mid-point of the stick and the other end to a fixed support. (I used some copper wire strand taken from an old extension power cord. The wires are about 30 to 40 cm long.)

Put a rock or a piece of metal of equal weight, one on each end of the stick; you have now a torsional pendulum, very sensitive with an equal mass on each end.

Let the pendulum find its own stable point; it will oscillate horizontally until the force on one side equals the force on the other side.

Move slowly near the pendulum because any air movement will make it oscillate more.

Place a box on one side of the pendulum at about 3 or 4 cm from the moving mass. When you shine a bright light in that box, the pendulum mass near the box will move back and forth and will get nearer to the box. The movement back and forth may take one hour to stabilize. The rest position at the end will be closer to the box with a light inside. Shut the light and the pendulum mass will return to the original position.

What causes this effect that we call the Boreal effect?

First we have to understand that forces are moving the masses of the pendulum. These forces come from every direction but the horizontal forces are those that affect the most. When the mass is at rest or almost at rest, the forces on each side are equal.

http://www.gravityforces.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/pendule-gif1-300x275.gif

When a light is passing on one side of the mass, light interferes with what is causing that force; there is less force coming from the side where the light is and the force on the other side is now bigger. It will push the mass towards the light. That force on each side is really gravitational force coming from everywhere from space objects.  Since light can block gravity, the forces are now unequal.

According to past theories, gravity is supposed to increase if mass increases. But light has no mass and cannot increase gravity. If the moving mass gets closer to the light, it is not because it is attracted to the light but because it is pushedtowards the light by the horizontal gravitational force coming from the side away from the light.That also means we fall to the ground not because planet earth is attracting us but because the force over our head is bigger than the force comingfrom below; Planet earth has blocked some of that force coming from the other side of earth, below us.

How can you experiment on earth? Theories should be tested in space in zero gravity.

The ISS, if you believe that charade, should be doing serious studies like this all the time. No, they do silly stuff, float basketballs in free fall (vomit comet planes), take schoolkids' science projects, and generally waste tax dollars. For real answers, maybe ask a Russian scientist not associated with a university or space agency. I think there is one American who has done some new thinking into the magnetic qualities of gravity.

@ twisted it is not exactly on topic but you reminded me of this video.  bbl doing something.                                                                         -

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

@ twisted it is not exactly on topic but you reminded me of this video.  bbl doing something.                                                                         -

Good post

From Newton we understand that gravity is largely about mass. Think of gravity as a measure of attraction between two objects.The more mass an object has the greater the attraction, or gravitational pull.  In addition, the smaller the distance between two objects the stronger the gravitational pull. This pulling force sucks things toward an object's center of mass. That is why the spherical earth draws objects towards its core.This pull which is exerted by the core is in fact gravity, which incidentally keeps us from flying off into space.The gravity law is considered universal because it is constant, regardless of where you are in the universe.  There is gravity on all celestial bodies to a lesser or more degree.

The knowledge of gravity has greatly assisted in the construction of suspension bridges, elevators, escalators, and earthquake-resistant skyscrapers. Understanding the pull gravity has on water has assisted in using waves to generate power (just ask Google - apparently they use it on their offshore offices).

Snipers need to calculate the "fall" of a bullet which is effected by the gravitational pull.  Even baseball uses the knowledge of gravity to calculate the distance of home runs.

Just so we all understand mass is not weight..

The mass, strictly the inertial mass, relates the acceleration of a body to the applied force via Newton's law:

F = ma

So if you apply a force of 1 Newton to a mass of 1kg it will accelerate at 1m/s2. This is true whether the object is floating in space or in a gravity field e.g. at the Earth's surface.

The weight is the force a body exerts when it is in a gravitational field. The weight depends on the gravitational field. For example the weight of a 1kg mass at the Earth's surface is 9.81 Newtons, while at the surface of Mars it's about 3.5 Newtons.

This is possibly a bit too much info: if so ignore this last paragraph. Although weight specifically means the force exerted in a gravitational field, Einstein told us that sitting stationary in a gravitational field is equivalent to being accelerated in the absence of gravity. The inertial mass defined using Newton's laws is the same as the gravitational mass defined by the force a body exerts in a gravitational field. So if you take a 1kg mass at the Earth's surface, the weight of 9.81 Newtons it exerts is exactly the same as the force you'd need to accelerate the 1kg mass at 9.81m/s2.

1 person likes this

Good post

Some folk just have a knack in explaining stuff in a way which makes sense to kids!  Cool smiley with us flag emoticon

My theory is: it is an interaction between the metal core of the earth and the sun, and the earths magnetosphere and the Suns heliosphere. Then an interaction between cell mass and the above interactions. Another one of our awesome Creators perfect creations.

Check out Laminin the protien cell adhesion molecule. I think it is a type of gravity also. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.