Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rothbard

This thread locking BS needs to stop or I'm outta here

10 posts in this topic

Another NASA hoax thread shut down? Sorry, but this place is really starting to stink. I'm only one person (although one of the few who has given money) but I bet that my sentiments are shared.

Fix it or I'm gone. I don't want to go but I'm not supporting this BS viewpoint suppression. You have empowered the shills here.

Rothbard, the locking of the threads has nothing to do with content and everything to do with member on member abuse and call outs on each other. These threads will most likely be edited and unlocked today.

Rothbard, the locking of the threads has nothing to do with content and everything to do with member on member abuse and call outs on each other. These threads will most likely be edited and unlocked today.

So you locked my NASA hoax thread for days now because some people on there were calling each other names so that you have time to go through them and edit them? Forgive me if I don't believe you.

Another NASA hoax thread shut down? Sorry, but this place is really starting to stink. I'm only one person (although one of the few who has given money) but I bet that my sentiments are shared.

Fix it or I'm gone. I don't want to go but I'm not supporting this BS viewpoint suppression. You have empowered the shills here.

In addition to cinnamon i'll make a comment on this too.

First of all, You have empowered the shills here. if that were true we would not taken the stance we have against sock accounts. But the locking of the nasa threads happened not because of the nasa content. But because those threads turned into nothing but throwing serious abuse at each other with discussion drying up because of it. And since this is the first time it has happened on this scale. A protocol had to be developed and worked out. Those threads will be re-opened as soon as i clarify some things with staff about how to deal with whats been going on.

Patience!

Edited by Ukshep

In addition to cinnamon i'll make a comment on this too.

First of all, You have empowered the shills here. if that were true we would not taken the stance we have against sock accounts. But the locking of the nasa threads happened not because of the nasa content. But because those threads turned into nothing but throwing serious abuse at each other with discussion drying up because of it. And since this is the first time it has happened on this scale. A protocol had to be developed and worked out. Those threads will be re-opened soon as i clarify some things with staff about how to deal with whats been going on.

Patience!

Fair enough.  I'll be patient.  I would suggest that you don't be too sensitive.  For example, Han sole has a lot of awesome points but he always swears and calls people names - that's just Han sole but he is brilliant.  You don't want to deter people like that. 

Fair enough.  I'll be patient.  I would suggest that you don't be too sensitive.  For example, Han sole has a lot of awesome points but he always swears and calls people names - that's just Han sole but he is brilliant.  You don't want to deter people like that. 

Well the reason this has been happening is because we are not big into censorship and posters have been given a lot of rope and flexibility. Its clear that we need to shorten that rope a little bit to keep things nice! In terms of abusive users. Warnings are just not cutting it.

From what I have seen. There seems to be certain members here with an agenda. That agenda is steeped in aggressive and hateful posting.  The main avenue of "Truth" has turned into hateful  exchanges and  mocking of anyone who takes a different stand .  Virtually anyone who argues with the three members is instantly ganged up on .   The same people who have used these same three tactics on other sites. They virtually over took this board by continuing to press that message in almost every thread each day .

Anyone that presents opposing evidence is mocked and belittled by the champions of this cause who have their hands firmly planted over there ears while shouting no one has an open mind .

This same group believes they are gaining ground while not realizing very few people agree with them and simply avoid their rants until they bring them on to other threads .

Only comment I will make  on this thread Shep.  But I felt it needed to be said .

From what I have seen. There seems to be certain members here with an agenda. That agenda is steeped in aggressive and hateful posting.  The main avenue of "Truth" has turned into hateful  exchanges and  mocking of anyone who takes a different stand .  Virtually anyone who argues with the three members is instantly ganged up on .   The same people who have used these same three tactics on other sites. They virtually over took this board by continuing to press that message in almost every thread each day .

Anyone that presents opposing evidence is mocked and belittled by the champions of this cause who have their hands firmly planted over there ears while shouting no one has an open mind .

This same group believes they are gaining ground while not realizing very few people agree with them and simply avoid their rants until they bring them on to other threads .

Only comment I will make  on this thread Shep.  But I felt it needed to be said .

Fair points and your not the only one to notice it. Today was the day for action against it. Rothbards thread just beat me to it :)

There is certainly no brilliance in those who are demeaning towards others!
only ignorance!

1 person likes this

Since i've tackled this issue in the below thread im going to lock and move this thread. The Nasa threads should be unlocked very soon.