Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WhiteHorse

America The Enslaved

5 posts in this topic

America The Enslaved

America is no longer America as far as I can tell. Our freedoms are eroding as fast as the morals that used to define us as a nation.
 I read that they jailed a clerk for refusing to issue a same sex marriage license even though she stated it was against her religious beliefs.
 I read somewhere in a document that freedom of religion was a basic right in America, well not any more folks. 
One thing I know for sure when the freedoms are taken away that are fundamental rights you are enslaved. 
This is just the beginning . What law will they past next to take another right. That clerks only crime was she stood up for morality. 
I commend her for not compromising her morals. 
The real criminals who should be getting mug shots are the immoral ingrates that are in office leaching off the taxpayers.

Snip

ASHLAND, Ky. — Five of six deputies in the office of a Kentucky county clerk jailed Thursday for her refusal to issue marriage licenses after the Supreme Court allowed gays to wed say they will process the paperwork starting Friday.

But Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, whom U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning found in contempt of court, said through her lawyers that she will not authorize any of her employees to issue licenses in her absence. The judge placed her in the custody of U.S. marshals and had her taken to Carter County jail.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/09/03/rowan-county-ky-court-clerk-marriage-licenses-gays/71635794/

America The Enslaved

America is no longer America as far as I can tell. Our freedoms are eroding as fast as the morals that used to define us as a nation.
 I read that they jailed a clerk for refusing to issue a same sex marriage license even though she stated it was against her religious beliefs.
 I read somewhere in a document that freedom of religion was a basic right in America, well not any more folks. 
One thing I know for sure when the freedoms are taken away that are fundamental rights you are enslaved. 
This is just the beginning . What law will they past next to take another right. That clerks only crime was she stood up for morality. 
I commend her for not compromising her morals. 
The real criminals who should be getting mug shots are the immoral ingrates that are in office leaching off the taxpayers.

Snip

ASHLAND, Ky. — Five of six deputies in the office of a Kentucky county clerk jailed Thursday for her refusal to issue marriage licenses after the Supreme Court allowed gays to wed say they will process the paperwork starting Friday.

But Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, whom U.S. District Court Judge David Bunning found in contempt of court, said through her lawyers that she will not authorize any of her employees to issue licenses in her absence. The judge placed her in the custody of U.S. marshals and had her taken to Carter County jail.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/09/03/rowan-county-ky-court-clerk-marriage-licenses-gays/71635794/

It is times like these I feel like I am the only one paying attention ?   Immediately after the Supreme Court's ruling .  The point was made that the supreme court did not address religion in its decision .  They address the governments should recognize same-sex marriage .

Apparently everybody including the people that brought it up forgot about that point .

Myself the moment I heard about the court clerk in Kentucky I knew where it was going .  Either  in this case or a following case the Supreme Court is going to be forced to rule  on religion  and separation of church and state .

"The United States Supreme Court's decision in Obergefell v. Hodges is the beginning rather than the end of the argument. It's true a majority of the justices found a constitutional right to marriage did exist and that homosexual as well as heterosexual couples must be allowed to exercise it. What they did not say is whether that right is superior or subordinate to other rights explicitly mentioned in any of the founding documents, a consideration to which we all must now turn.

For example, the court did not give guidance on how a 1983 decision regarding the status of non-profit religious institutions would apply should one or more of them refuse to go along with the marriage decision on the grounds that to do so would violate the institution's rights under the First Amendment. "

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2015/07/31/congress-must-defend-religious-freedom-after-gay-marriage-decision

It is times like these I feel like I am the only one paying attention ?   Immediately after the Supreme Court's ruling .  The point was made that the supreme court did not address religion in its decision .  They address the governments should recognize same-sex marriage .

Apparently everybody including the people that brought it up forgot about that point .

Myself the moment I heard about the court clerk in Kentucky I knew where it was going .  Either  in this case or a following case the Supreme Court is going to be forced to rule  on religion  and separation of church and state .

"The United States Supreme Court's decision in Obergefell v. Hodges is the beginning rather than the end of the argument. It's true a majority of the justices found a constitutional right to marriage did exist and that homosexual as well as heterosexual couples must be allowed to exercise it. What they did not say is whether that right is superior or subordinate to other rights explicitly mentioned in any of the founding documents, a consideration to which we all must now turn.

For example, the court did not give guidance on how a 1983 decision regarding the status of non-profit religious institutions would apply should one or more of them refuse to go along with the marriage decision on the grounds that to do so would violate the institution's rights under the First Amendment. "

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/peter-roff/2015/07/31/congress-must-defend-religious-freedom-after-gay-marriage-decision

I knew the ramifications would resonate through all institutions that dealt with the marriage factor. Churches, courts, city hall, every facet of society really. But what about the people factor that resides between the church and state. Well it's just a sign of the times. America is on fire and the lawmakers are issuing fire permits.

I knew the ramifications would resonate through all institutions that dealt with the marriage factor. Churches, courts, city hall, every facet of society really. But what about the people factor that resides between the church and state. Well it's just a sign of the times. America is on fire and the lawmakers are issuing fire permits.

i'll tell you what bothers me.   The mainstream media sponsors the decision as if it is the established law of the land .  I hate to use this analogy but again the news people are way too smart to be that stupid .

The  same sex  marriage ruling was met  by a 4 to 5  decision .

The four dissenting votes  all determined that the Constitution has nothing to do with this issue .   To me it is almost as if the mainstream media is setting this ruling  up for a fall .

OK I fall down the rabbit hole occasionally ..............

Could this also be engineered to cause public unrest ?

i'll tell you what bothers me.   The mainstream media sponsors the decision as if it is the established law of the land .  I hate to use this analogy but again the news people are way too smart to be that stupid .

The  same sex  marriage ruling was met  by a 4 to 5  decision .

The four dissenting votes  all determined that the Constitution has nothing to do with this issue .   To me it is almost as if the mainstream media is setting this ruling  up for a fall .

OK I fall down the rabbit hole occasionally ..............

Could this also be engineered to cause public unrest ?

Of course it's engineered to cause unrest. The majority of people are against it.

And you can throw polls out the window along with election results these days.

I never thought I would see the day I would say, " I'm ready for the big eraser to wipe the chalkboard clean so we can start fresh". I weep for the species. We are leaving a cesspool for our kids and grand kids. If The Lord tarries. 

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.