Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

A Little History Of Me

6 posts in this topic

My dad was a out doors man he would hunt and fish go camping with out a tent . Carry not much but maybe a 22 rifle and a pocket knife, some fishing line .

He would take my brother and I he would teach us how to read a compus and start a fire using wet wood and to eat and drink .

One day he said to me lets go camping . I was ready in just a few minutes . I had everything that I thought I would need .

We drove deep into the woods . Then that SOB told me to get out of the car and that he would see me in a few days and drove off . WTF !

After sleeping under the stares I woke up kinda cold . I looked around , I could hear the river , I started a fire caught a fish , I was hungery !

I didn't really know where I was but I did have a compus and some blue ribbon to mark my way . I found some white radish and clover then some wild asparagus a few barries . 

I thought I heard a bear later in the day . Oh my god I didn't have my rifle ! all I had was a pocket knife ! What was that in the air ? My dad thought he was smart ! LOL . I could smell his cigar . He was testing me !

I will teach that old man a lesson . I ran that old poop dad of mine all over, up and down the hills across 3 rivers . By night fall he was totally whipped . 

I slipped up on him while he was sleeping later that night , I kick over his back pack he jumped a mile high . I laugh . He asked me how I knew he was there ? I simply told him that he trained me well . He smiled .

Dad I could smell your cigar smoke .. LOL

Over the years I have asked him if he wanted to go camping . He just shakes his head hell no !   

The reason I told you this story is because I don't think there is to many people like my dad anymore . My dad was a survivalist .

I love this video !

1 person likes this

Now that's funny, and I don't care who you are!  :roflmao:

My dad wasn't that hard on us. He threw me in the deep water when I was a kid to teach me to swim. And I still cant! My husband had to save me twice from drowning. 

Lots of survival tales now. Wassup with that? End times, I reckon. If shtf, "primitive" cultures will keep on truckin' -- like the young couple in the movie, Apocalypto. When their little boy cut himself, his mother took a big ant and pressed its pincers into the wound to close it. 

Edited by grav

Now that's funny, and I don't care who you are!  :roflmao:

My dad wasn't that hard on us. He threw me in the deep water when I was a kid to teach me to swim. And I still cant! My husband had to save me twice from drowning. 

Lots of survival tales now. Wassup with that? End times, I reckon. If shtf, "primitive" cultures will keep on truckin' -- like the young couple in the movie, Apocalypto. When their little boy cut himself, his mother took a big ant and pressed its pincers into the wound to close it. 

I have been in places with not a thing it's amazing what one will and can do . You will find a way if you are not in a desert with not a thing but sand or on a ocean .

I was not that hard on my kids ether but we did go camping a lot under the stares and I would show them how to find food and water .

All four of my kids know how to shoot and reload ammo . They can even can food from a garden .

I just hope that my kids will keep the family tradition going .

It's a good thing you didn't drown we need you here we are in a info war ! 

It doesn't hurt to keep a few books on hand, and to learn about edible weeds vs poisonous plants. Greenbrier, for example, grows just about everywhere. Its thorns demand respect but its fresh tips taste like asparagus. Pokeweed's berries are toxic, yet the young leaves are edible when boiled.  A botanist friend says his mother cooked it all the time and never discarded the water. And all the kids survived! It's time to plant winter crops like mustard. Cheap, easy, nutritious a lot better than crappy fast food. 

I know enough to barely keep myself alive, my wife on the other hand was well trained growing up. She can tan hides, butcher, identify just about every plant in the western hemisphere (although she can't grow them to save her life :laugh:). When the shtf I will be lucky to have her.

-AL

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.