Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Fukushima Uni “800,000,000,000,000 Bq of Cs-137 to reach West coast of North America by 2016″

11 posts in this topic

Doom.

April 26, 2015

Fukushima Diary

Prof. Aoyama from Fukushima University Institute of Environmental Radioactivity reported that 800 tera Bq (800,000,000,000,000 Bq) of Cesium-137 is going to reach West Coast of North America by 2016. The amount to reach of other nuclides such as Cs-134 and other nuclides are not officially announced.

<snip>

Compare the reaction to Chernobyl to the reaction to Fuku. This video tells the story of what happened during the Chernobyl nuclear accident and how they knew to handle it at the time. I remember a team of nuclear scientists being sent to Japan to help right after Fuku, their help was dismissed. There are 5 reactors at Fuku, there was only one at Chernobyl. I can't tell you how much I don't want to die of nuclear poisoning or cancer, those are right up there with being burned alive. Bah, so much pride, incompetence and evil.

From the link. 

(Iori’s note : This is a report from Fukushima University. The actual amount can be bigger than reported due to the political pressure to downplay the actual situation.)

Iori Mochizuki

How long can they downplay this?
Maybe when people start showing symptoms they'll evacuate, it will be too late then of course.
Plus, by that time they'll probably have some law in place so sick people can't sue for their medical costs.

>:(

A person who is poisoned by radioactivity is by definition radioactive themselves. They won't be allowed to leave is my guess. Tepco and the Japanese government seem to be at odds a bit with each other. I was just reading an article that said the govt. was after Tepco's financial records so they could try and make them pay costs for damages.

They've downplayed it for four years, one month and 15 days so far. :( 

A person who is poisoned by radioactivity is by definition radioactive themselves. They won't be allowed to leave is my guess. Tepco and the Japanese government seem to be at odds a bit with each other. I was just reading an article that said the govt. was after Tepco's financial records so they could try and make them pay costs for damages.

They've downplayed it for four years, one month and 15 days so far. :( 

​I forgot about that. We're all goners.
Wasn't the west coast exposed shortly after it happened and no one said a thing about it then?
If so, relocating the population now would just contaminate others.

:(

The joy this will bring. Insanity.

<snip>

The Dangers of Cesium-137

Cesium-137 is among the most common heavy fission products. Fission of various isotopes of thorium, uranium, and plutonium all yield about 6% cesium-137. [1] This high fission yield results in an abundance of cesium-137 in spent nuclear fuel, as well as in regions contaminated by fission byproducts after nuclear accidents. [2] The large quantities of cesium-137 produced during fission events pose a persistent hazard. Its half-life of about 30 years is long enough that objects and regions contaminated by cesium-137 remain dangerous to humans for a generation or more, but it is short enough to ensure that even relatively small quantities of cesium-137 release dangerous doses of radiation (its specific radioactivity is 3.2 × 1012 Bq/g). [2-4]

Along with its intermediate half-life, a combination of high-energy radioactivity and chemical reactivity makes cesium-137 a particularly dangerous fission product. Cesium-137 undergoes high-energy beta decay, primarily to an excited nuclear isomer of Barium 137, which in turn undergoes gamma decay with a half-life of about 150 seconds. [4] The energies of both the beta decay of cesium-137 and the subsequent gamma decay of the excited barium 137 are 512 keV and 662 keV, respectively. [4] In addition, cesium is much more chemically reactive than many of the transition metal fission products. As a group 1 alkaline metal, elemental cesium is quite electropositive, and is readily oxidized by water, forming highly soluble Cs+. [5] For this reason, elemental cesium-137 may contaminate large volumes of water during nuclear accidents, which are difficult to contain or process. [6]

Despite its prevalence in spent nuclear fuel and nuclear waste, cesium-137 is actually extremely rare. Its half-life is too short for it to persist from natural fission sources, and on earth it is a synthetic isotope only. Should further nuclear accidents be avoided, the dangers of cesium-137 will eventually cease.

<snip>

Stanford edu courses

When it happened, computer models showed it slamming into the west coast. California especially. When it happened, it rained for a solid week and very hard in California. At that time I was watching  Enviroreporter for info. Looks like they're not updating articles much anymore but the live streams are still there for rad counts. There were some very high counts at that time.

There's always loadsa stuff taken from news and science report websites, but what about community websites?

we could, if we wanted, check out facebook / forums / community websites for fukushima and the surrounding area to get a better picture of what's going on. Hard for the MSM to cover that up tbh

There's always loadsa stuff taken from news and science report websites, but what about community websites?

we could, if we wanted, check out facebook / forums / community websites for fukushima and the surrounding area to get a better picture of what's going on. Hard for the MSM to cover that up tbh

​That would be great, I wonder how much would be in English? I keep finding a lot of Japanese language info but the translations are so bad.

Doom.

April 26, 2015

Fukushima Diary

Prof. Aoyama from Fukushima University Institute of Environmental Radioactivity reported that 800 tera Bq (800,000,000,000,000 Bq) of Cesium-137 is going to reach West Coast of North America by 2016. The amount to reach of other nuclides such as Cs-134 and other nuclides are not officially announced.

<snip>

​Here is a link that might be of interest to you.

https://citizenperth.wordpress.com/

Perth lives in Australia and I used to follow his threads on another forum. He keeps a close eye on the Fukushima situation.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.