Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

To help spread its message, the NSA has produced a coloring book. You know, for kids

13 posts in this topic

Pando Daily

By Dan Raile
On April 25, 2015

By the time I found the National Security Agency booth on the expo floor at last week’s RSA Conference, all the best shwag was gone. The most prized giveaway was a faux-leather Post-it Note kit bearing the agency’s seal.

“We can’t print enough of those,” the agency rep manning the booth told me. “Next year, we are going to make the seal even bigger. Kids will really like that, like a badge to show their friends at school.”

Is it strange that the NSA, which takes such care to stay out of the public eye, should be so keen to capture the attention and aspirations of the young?

<snip>

MORE AT LINK ABOVE

2 people like this

Get them when they're young.

So I went to their website. And found these little gems! 

Work Study Program / How to Apply

The High School Work Study Program is designed for high school students who are enrolled in either business computing or office technology classes, and who plan to participate in a school-sponsored work experience program during their senior year. When hired, employment is guaranteed from September-June of your senior year, with the possibility of an extension through August 31st. Applications due November 1st during your Junior year.

Stokes Educational Scholarship Program / How to Apply

If you plan to major in electrical or computer engineering, computer science, math, or a foreign language in college, then you are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applications due November 30th during your Sophomore or Junior year.

Looks like their hurting in the recruitment division. xD

​I don't know. It looks more like a brainwashing/propaganda campaign to me.

Yeah,  that too.  :)

​It sure does.
It's creepy and many parents don't even recognize it.
A lot of them are probably already brainwashed to accept it themselves.

They probably are Lucy and would like nothing better than for their children to be part of such an upstanding (and well paid with benefits) organization.

They probably are Lucy and would like nothing better than for their children to be part of such an upstanding (and well paid with benefits) organization.

​Sad. 
They definitively have their sights set on children.

Interactive Hello Barbie might work for the NSA ...

Just when you might have thought that the NSA couldn’t have another way to spy on us along comes Hello Barbie, a version of Mattel’s iconic toy that adds audio capture and response to the doll. The way the doll will work is when your child presses the button on a Hello Barbie doll, whatever they next say will be recorded and transmitted over WiFi to the Internet to be processed by Mattel’s partner, ToyTalk, and a relevant response generated and sent back (Internet lag not withstanding).

According to the Washington Post:

At a recent New York toy fair, a Mattel representative introduced the newest version of Barbie by saying: "Welcome to New York, Barbie."

The doll, named Hello Barbie, responded: "I love New York! Don't you? Tell me, what's your favorite part about the city? The food, fashion or the sights?"

The idea is for the backend systems to learn things about the user, er, child such as their name and their pet’s name, to personalize future interactions.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/2896579/security0/interactive-hello-barbie-might-work-for-the-nsa.html

i'm getting my son all of them e.e;

​Please tell me this is sarcasm...but then if we got some good guys on the inside, it might not be a bad thing. :)

I've lost my thwack smilie. lol

well i don't know xD i like him being into tech and learning so -shrugs-

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.