Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

Explosion at US Military Facility in Japan

18 posts in this topic

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/08/23/explosion-reported-at-us-military-facility-in-japan/

The Sagami General Depot houses storage for petroleum products and ammunition.

Video and photos began streaming in from social media shortly after noon (EST), showing a large explosion, several loud booms, sustained flames and billowing smoke rising from a structure. No injuries have been reported.

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD
1 person likes this

COMSEC alert status U.S. Forces in Japan.

Here is Footage

Edited by DarkKnightNomeD

So the slow build up to the war is over and open attacks on logistic targets begin.

1 person likes this

So the slow build up to the war is over and open attacks on logistic targets begin.

Very astute observation .  This could very well be an opening move .

COMSEC alert status U.S. Forces in Japan.

Here is Footage

Now that definitely looks like and sounds like ordinance cooking off .

Edited by Falling down

Very astute observation .  This could very well be an opening move .

Thank you, I take part in a highly strategic war game with a group of friends. We are all ex military but one, who is a history/anthropology professor and the creator of the game.

One of my first moves is to always cripple port cities and trade routes with blockades. I have yet to lose a single game session...

If ships start being attacked....will know for sure whats up.

Edited by thedudeabides

Now that definitely looks like and sounds like ordinance cooking off .

Some reports saying there is a risk of radioactive contamination from base explosion in Japan

UPDATE: Fire reportedly occurred in a storage that holds cylinders with Oxide, and that let to the enormous explosions ‪#‎Sagamihara‬ ‪#‎Kanagawa‬

From the first video, those are very load bangs if sound and distance is compared.  You can see projectiles flying from the inferno. those could be cylinders or ammo - they will obviously land somewhere and cause more secondary damage to the area.  It is a very strange coincidence this, following the similar "accident" in China. 1+1=5 !

Some reports saying there is a risk of radioactive contamination from base explosion in Japan

Japan is pretty sensitive about radioactive material.   I think it's very doubtful any nuclear weapons were stored on site .  But I'll bet you $20  ENE  Will claim there are .

Look at a map of the location. I cannot find any direct links but to me it looks obvious from the positioning it would be a supply base to South Korea

This is just my perception. When a real war breaks out it will not be tit for tat. No one is flying blind they either have their own satellite or are bouncing off an allies. Specially when it comes to countries who are armed to the teeth. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.