Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Well if the shit hits the fan will you be ready ? If you are just now starting to prep these suggestions and ideas may help .

7 posts in this topic

Well if the shit hits the fan will you be ready ? If you are just now starting to prep these suggestions and ideas may help .

A catastrophic event would entail loss of electricity and running water, and depending upon its severity, food, gasoline, and other resources needed on a daily basis. It’s likely that anyone who has lived through a hurricane, tornado, nor’ easter, flood, earthquake or other natural disaster in America has dealt with these situations to some degree.

Fortunately, aid is often available from charitable organizations, friends and family who haven’t been affected, or the government (the LEAST favorable option) in a relatively short period of time, which mitigates the lasting effects of living under these conditions.

But what if an event occurred which affected a huge swath of America, shutting down the grid for months, and leaving huge populations at risk of death via hunger, dehydration, lawlessness, or lack of medical care?

It could happen.  Electro-Magnetic pulses (EMPs), solar flares, and the crash of the dollar have all been discussed ad nauseum as clear and present dangers to our nation’s infrastructure.  This does not even take into account terror attacks which could involve dirty bombs, chemical or biological weapons, etc which Islamic jihadists would use to wipe out whole regions if given the opportunity.  A sitting President who fails to even utter the words ‘Islamic terrorism’ does not instill confidence in the citizenry.

So here is a list of The 100 Things to Disappear First, a basic starter kit for survival in unpredictable conditions, whether it’s the next hurricane or a disastrous geo-political conflict. Please print it out, and pass it on.

You could also call this “The Top 100 Things You should start stocking up on.” Even if you don’t need more than 2 (you should always have 2 of everything) each item on this list will be great for bartering. This list was discussed and chosen by the members of SurvivalCache.com Forums. No Particular Order.

1. Generators
2. Water Filters/Purifiers
3. Portable Toilets
4. Seasoned Firewood.
5. Lamp Oil, Wicks, Lamps, Lanterns
6. Camp Stove Fuel – Impossible to stockpile too much.
7. Guns, Ammunition, Pepper Spray, Knives, Clubs, Bats & Slingshots.
8. Hand-can openers, & hand egg beaters, whisks.
9. Honey/Syrups/white, brown sugar
10. Rice – Beans – Wheat
11. Vegetable Oil (for cooking) Without it food burns/must be boiled)
12. Charcoal, Lighter Fluid
13. Water Containers
14. Mini Heater head (Without this item, propane won’t heat a room.)
15. Grain Grinder (Non-electric)
16. Propane Cylinders (Urgent: Definite shortages will occur.
17. Survival Guide Book.
18. Lantern Mantles
19. Baby Supplies: Diapers/formula. ointments/aspirin, etc.
20. Washboards, Mop Bucket w/wringer (for Laundry)
21. Propane Cook stoves
22. Vitamins
23. Propane Cylinder Handle-Holder
24. Feminine Hygiene/Haircare/Skin products.
25. Thermal underwear / Polypropylene
26. Bow saws, axes and hatchets, Wedges (also, honing oil)
27. Aluminum Foil Reg. & Heavy Duty
28. Gasoline Containers (Plastic & Metal)
29. Garbage Bags
30. Toilet Paper, Kleenex, Paper Towels
31. Milk – Powdered & Condensed
32. Garden Seeds (Non-Hybrid)
33. Clothes pins/line/hangers
34. Coleman’s Pump Repair Kit
35. Tuna Fish (in oil)
36. Fire Extinguishers (or..large box of Baking Soda in every room)
37. First aid kits
38. Batteries
39. Garlic, spices & vinegar, baking supplies
40. Big Dogs (and plenty of dog food)
41. Flour, yeast & salt
42. Matches
43. Writing paper/pads/pencils, solar calculators
44. Insulated ice chests
45. Workboots, belts, jeans & durable shirts
46. Flashlights, Lightsticks, torches, Lanterns
47. Journals, Diaries & Scrapbooks
48. Garbage cans Plastic
49. Hygiene: Shampoo, Toothbrush/paste, Mouthwash, floss
50. Cast iron cookware
51. Fishing supplies/tools
52. Mosquito coils/repellent, sprays/creams
53. Duct Tape
54. Tarps/stakes/twine/nails/rope/spikes
55. Candles
56. Laundry Detergent (liquid)
57. Backpacks, Duffel Bags
58. Garden tools & supplies
59. Scissors, fabrics & sewing supplies
60. Canned Fruits, Veggies, Soups, stews, etc.
61. Bleach
62. Canning supplies, (Jars/lids/wax)
63. Knives & Sharpening tools: files, stones, steel
64. Bicycles…Tires/tubes/pumps/chains, etc
65. Sleeping Bags & blankets/pillows/mats
66. Carbon Monoxide Alarm (battery powered)
67. Board Games, Cards, Dice
68. d-con Rat poison, MOUSE PRUFE II, Roach Killer
69. Mousetraps, Ant traps & cockroach magnets
70. Paper plates/cups/utensils (stock up, folks)
71. Baby wipes, oils, waterless & Antibacterial soap
72. Rain gear, rubberized boots, etc.
73. Shaving supplies
74. Hand pumps & siphons (for water and for fuels)
75. Soy sauce, vinegar, bullions/gravy/soup base
76. Boy Scout Handbook
77. Chocolate/Cocoa/Tang/Punch (water enhancers)
78. “Survival-in-a-Can”
79. Woolen clothing, scarves/ear-muffs/mittens
80. Reading glasses
81. Window Insulation Kit
82. Graham crackers, saltines, pretzels, Trail mix/Jerky
83. Popcorn, Peanut Butter, Nuts
84. Socks, Underwear, T-shirts, etc. (extras)
85. Lumber (all types)
86. Wagons & carts (for transport to and from)
87. Cots & Inflatable mattress’s
88. Gloves: Work/warming/gardening, etc.
89. Lantern Hangers
90. Screen Patches, glue, nails, screws,, nuts & bolts
91. Teas
92. Coffee
93. Cigarettes
94. Wine/Liquors (for bribes, medicinal, etc,)
95. Paraffin wax
96. Glue, nails, nuts, bolts, screws, etc.
97. Chewing gum/candies
98. Atomizers (for cooling/bathing)
99. Hats & cotton neckerchiefs
100. Goats/chickens

I would also recommend a good mouser cat.  Perishable supplies are always at risk from rodents.  Please be smart. This isn’t the stuff of doomsday talk, but simply preparedness planning.

I am sure there are things that could be added to this list . 

2 people like this

Your list is far to long.

1.Firearm of some sort with at least 500 rnds. something that is 5.56 would be best as it will be abundant.

2.A backup means to heat your home, preferably a wood stove. Wood is easy to stockpile, and easy to replenish so long as you stay a year ahead.

3. water purification system

4. hand pump for water ( Pitcher pump system )

5. Medical supplies ( assortment viral and injury )

6. Canned foods most have a shelf life of 5+ years. Beans are one of the best sources as they provide carbohydrates and proteins. I also suggest a few 50lb bags of rice as they are a good filler and rich in energy. Non-bleached rice though, brown if you can afford.

7. white vinegar ( excellent natural disinfectant and good for cleaning your body off )

8. As much fuel for your vehicle stored as possible in case you need to bugg out.

9. Military grade sleep system for you and family members.

10. bug out bag with 2 weeks food and a few boxes of ammunition.

Bonus

11. Large solar generator system

12. caches of food and ammunition in strategic locations.

13. wood working tools

14. metal working tools ( forge, anvil, and required tools)

15. multi vitamins for the hard months to maintain energy and nutrient levels ( suppliment with rice )

One thing I see many survivalists miss in their planning .  There could come a point when you cannot get modern ammo .

Supplement your firepower with black powder weapons to hunt with  and a back up when things start running out .

Blackpowder is not that hard to make .

1 person likes this

For some laughs - from facebook

"This is it. This is my last fucking post. You can catch the updates on tonight's news. I am now barricaded in my bunker because when I walked outside today I was shot at. I got knicked in the leg. You people think this is a fucking joke. This shit is real life. I can't get to my medicine because it's locked in my moms cabinets. I am losing it here people. I can hear the helicopters hovering over me right now. I'm also hearing a voice telling me that the Mormons are coming. I've warned everyone of Yall. You just don't listen instead you doubt me and accuse my photos of being fake well fuck you! I'm locked down and loaded. I have over 5k gallons of drinking water. 500 cans of spam and plenty of lube and hustler magazines. I'll be here a while. Bring the noise spec ops. You'll never take me alive!!! "

Running bear out

"This is it. This is my last fucking post. You can catch the updates on tonight's news. I am now barricaded in my bunker because when I walked outside today I was shot at. I got knicked in the leg. You people think this is a fucking joke. This shit is real life. I can't get to my medicine because it's locked in my moms cabinets. I am losing it here people. I can hear the helicopters hovering over me right now. I'm also hearing a voice telling me that the Mormons are coming. I've warned everyone of Yall. You just don't listen instead you doubt me and accuse my photos of being fake well fuck you! I'm locked down and loaded. I have over 5k gallons of drinking water. 500 cans of spam and plenty of lube and hustler magazines. I'll be here a while. Bring the noise spec ops. You'll never take me alive!!! "

Running bear out

Plenty of lube and hustler magazines

https://smileyshack.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/smileyslaughing_holding-head_100-100.gifAnd the Spam will give you the shits http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/shit/smiley-face-pooping-emoticon.gif ! Would you be interested in a chamber pot and a mega pack of toilet paper ?

Edited by CSB

Running bear out

Bunker = basement

:b0vpxS8:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.