Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbear

The Joy of Conspiracy Denial

12 posts in this topic

The Joy of Conspiracy Denial

From 2009, Carol Cleveland writing at OpEdNews: Recently I read another stinging rebuke of the 9-11 conspiracy theorists for their frightful mishandling of evidence, their will to believe only what gives them psychological comfort, and their general state of delusion. It was not the first I had read, nor will it be the last. The writer held unwaveringly to the party line: all those who seek to discredit the official, announced version of the events of 9-11 are “conspiracy theorists”- and should not be listened to. That this position constitutes an attempt at prior censorship does not seem to bother the deniers, nor the fact that the central tenets of conspiracy denial are an ad hominem attack. We are told that conspiracy theorists are crazy, or at least cowardly clingers to delusions that they find comforting. It occurred to me that I haven’t seen anyone examine the mental comforts of conspiracy denial, using the handy tools of amateur psychology. It’s my guess that there’s considerable comfort to be had, especially for men, from an acceptance of the official explanation for 9-11. This is not to say that many women aren’t happy with the Arab hijacker theory, but for men, the provision of a clear enemy to fight is always especially gratifying.

cont

1 person likes this

This community definitely show that not all women are head in the sand, but unfortunately the vast majority are. Even in well backed up ideals such as the world economy today finally showing what a house of cards the US has built now that we can't use China's currency peg to prop up our own economy are met with blank stares. If it isn't on Pinterest or a cat picture on Facebook it isn't important.

-Arnie L

This community definitely show that not all women are head in the sand, but unfortunately the vast majority are. Even in well backed up ideals such as the world economy today finally showing what a house of cards the US has built now that we can't use China's currency peg to prop up our own economy are met with blank stares. If it isn't on Pinterest or a cat picture on Facebook it isn't important.

-Arnie L

:hwUjzAM:

Ha! (I hate cats)

:hwUjzAM:

Ha! (I hate cats)

Please don't hate anything, you can strongly dislike but don't hate. The bible is against hate. (however it seems the be strongly dislike is the word hate in disguise but wtv) 

I have heard some people say that cats have no souls and are just full of nothing. Art Bell even doesn't believe this also as neither do I. I am not saying they have souls, but there is something in there. While I don't look at cat pictures unless they are on a page (I don't go looking for them/etc but as your last post shows a cat pic, I see it). Anyhow, we have 3 cats and 2 strays we feed. Each of the 3 cats have their own personality as well as the wild ones. One of the cats will follow you around most often when it see you like a dog. The other cat stays away often but returns to visit and get fed. The other cat seems to have a mental disability as it likes to go in the garage when the door is open only to get the door shut on it if you don't watch out. Anyhow, even after being in there for 2 days, it did not eat, even though the food was right by the door. It was crying for food/water and even being right by the door and the food open, it did not eat. After finally finding it, I fed it and it got water. Having being hungry and as the food was right by the door, this would somehow show it has a mental disability or something. Anyhow, the other 2 cats come around just to eat and sometimes watch the area. I have never been able to pet them as they are too wild although they have some level of trust, it usually is squeamish and often ready to move at the slightest movement. Anyhow, if the animals think they are not showing enough effort (such as sometimes you can say go find mouses or something instead of just laying there), they sometimes do and drop them by the door. It appears they have some kind of intelligence, just how much idk.

Please don't hate anything, you can strongly dislike but don't hate. The bible is against hate. (however it seems the be strongly dislike is the word hate in disguise but wtv) 

I have heard some people say that cats have no souls and are just full of nothing. Art Bell even doesn't believe this also as neither do I. I am not saying they have souls, but there is something in there. While I don't look at cat pictures unless they are on a page (I don't go looking for them/etc but as your last post shows a cat pic, I see it). Anyhow, we have 3 cats and 2 strays we feed. Each of the 3 cats have their own personality as well as the wild ones. One of the cats will follow you around most often when it see you like a dog. The other cat stays away often but returns to visit and get fed. The other cat seems to have a mental disability as it likes to go in the garage when the door is open only to get the door shut on it if you don't watch out. Anyhow, even after being in there for 2 days, it did not eat, even though the food was right by the door. It was crying for food/water and even being right by the door and the food open, it did not eat. After finally finding it, I fed it and it got water. Having being hungry and as the food was right by the door, this would somehow show it has a mental disability or something. Anyhow, the other 2 cats come around just to eat and sometimes watch the area. I have never been able to pet them as they are too wild although they have some level of trust, it usually is squeamish and often ready to move at the slightest movement. Anyhow, if the animals think they are not showing enough effort (such as sometimes you can say go find mouses or something instead of just laying there), they sometimes do and drop them by the door. It appears they have some kind of intelligence, just how much idk.

When I was five years old a cat sneaked into the house and upturned my two gerbils in their cage. One was left lifeless, gutted in gore, the other gone. I hoped she had escaped and often imagined she ran to a nearby field and had a good life. Once, I even thought I saw her, running across a nearby road with three young ones trailing behind. That was the worst day of my young life and I cried all day at school. I never really was the same after that. Plus, I am deathly allergic to them and they shit in my yard. So there.

2 people like this

When I was five years old a cat sneaked into the house and upturned my two gerbils in their cage. One was left lifeless, gutted in gore, the other gone. I hoped she had escaped and often imagined she ran to a nearby field and had a good life. Once, I even thought I saw her, running across a nearby road with three young ones trailing behind. That was the worst day of my young life and I cried all day at school. I never really was the same after that. Plus, I am deathly allergic to them and they shit in my yard. So there.

tldr; Cats are assholes.

1 person likes this

On 8/23/2015, 8:17:54, Arnie L said:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/32/fb/8b/32fb8bdf1eb7ad5364f94a1c8817c34a.jpg

Only think missing is a picture of me sleeping under the falling glass. I had to stop keeping a glass of water on the night stand for this very reason.

-Arnie L

haha. Yea had an asshole cat who would sneak in my room wait for me to sleep then attack me.

I'm sorry to hear that. :sad:
A cat killed my pet lizard when I was a kid too.
I don't care for them either. They carry brain parasites.

Why Do People Believe Stupid Stuff, Even When They're Confronted With the Truth?

The Misconception: When your beliefs are challenged with facts, you alter your opinions and incorporate the new information into your thinking.

The Truth: When your deepest convictions are challenged by contradictory evidence, your beliefs get stronger.

Once something is added to your collection of beliefs, you protect it from harm. You do it instinctively and unconsciously when confronted with attitude-inconsistent information. Just as confirmation bias shields you when you actively seek information, the backfire effect defends you when the information seeks you, when it blindsides you. Coming or going, you stick to your beliefs instead of questioning them. When someone tries to correct you, tries to dilute your misconceptions, it backfires and strengthens them instead. Over time, the backfire effect helps make you less skeptical of those things which allow you to continue seeing your beliefs and attitudes as true and proper.

http://www.alternet.org/story/151426/why_do_people_believe_stupid_stuff,_even_when_they're_confronted_with_the_truth

The one that really got me was when people thought Obamacare was free insurance.
They argued on and on about how great it was going to be and now... not a peep. lol

I'm sorry to hear that. :sad:
A cat killed my pet lizard when I was a kid too.
I don't care for them either. They carry brain parasites.

Well that explains it! I thought my brain was fried from the reckless 70s but it's really been the parade of adopted felines over the years.  :1jtAL34:

On 8/25/2015, 1:22:26, YourMom2 said:

Well that explains it! I thought my brain was fried from the reckless 70s but it's really been the parade of adopted felines over the years.  :1jtAL34:

LOL
I'm so bummed I missed the disco decade.
I totally would have rocked that sparkly style.

http://www.halloweenmart.com/t_RO4436_HIPPIE_HOTTIE.png

How Your Cat Is Making You Crazy

The parasite, which is excreted by cats in their feces, is called Toxoplasma gondii(T. gondii or Toxo for short) and is the microbe that causes toxoplasmosis—the reason pregnant women are told to avoid cats’ litter boxes. Since the 1920s, doctors have recognized that a woman who becomes infected during pregnancy can transmit the disease to the fetus, in some cases resulting in severe brain damage or death. T. gondii is also a major threat to people with weakened immunity: in the early days of the AIDS epidemic, before good antiretroviral drugs were developed, it was to blame for the dementia that afflicted many patients at the disease’s end stage. Healthy children and adults, however, usually experience nothing worse than brief flu-like symptoms before quickly fighting off the protozoan, which thereafter lies dormant inside brain cells—or at least that’s the standard medical wisdom.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/03/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/308873/

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.