Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbear

Catching Up With the Unabomber. When Does the End Justify the Means?

2 posts in this topic

The Unabomber, known as Ted Kaczynski, was not a fan of technology. To expose the world to his anti-technology philosophy, from the years 1978 to 1995, Kaczynski sent 16 bombs to universities and airlines, killing three people and injuring 23, before he was eventually caught and sent to prison. He remains there today. At one time, he was possibly the most famous criminal in the world.He said of technology’s role:The system does not and cannot exist to satisfy human needs. Instead, it is human behavior that has to be modified to fit the needs of the system. It is the fault of technology, because the system is guided not by ideology but by technical necessity.In his essay Industrial Society and Its Future, Kaczynski argued that while his bombings were “a bit” extreme, they were quite necessary to attract attention to the loss of human freedom caused by modern technology. His book Technological Slavery: The Collected Writings of Theodore J. Kaczynski, a.k.a. “The Unabomber” breaks all of his philosophies down for those of us that just know him through corporate news stations.

cont

He was right about how technology is getting out of the hands and understanding of the humans who operate it. The rest of the manafesto is tree hugging non-sense.

I read that whole thing as a kid, and while there were points along the paper that I would nod and say to myself, "That does make sense.", never once in reading the paper did I find his excuse for violence and fear to justify his actions.

As one of the greatest math minds on the earth (he made 6 forumals. that is, he discovered and solved 6 math problems no one before him even thought of. That's a level of genius i know nothing about), he could have used his living method, plus the proof of his intellect, to show the sense of his perception.

Building pipebombs and taunting the fbi was retarded. It made it to where anything of value he had to say was flushed down the toilet. He bombed one guy cause his last name was "Green", for Christ sake. I mean, even a broken clock is right twice a day, and that's about the truth of the Unabomber's manafesto. It's right about twice in shitstorm of wrong. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.