Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kilmarnock

South Korea said that North Korea sent a written message around 5 p.m. Thursday local time threatening military action if Seoul doesn't stop the propaganda broadcasts within 48 hours and remove the loudspeakers.

15 posts in this topic

Seoul vowed a "harsh" response to the landmines and resumed blaring propaganda messages over the border from huge loudspeakers last week.

The move infuriated North Korea, which called the broadcasting "a direct action of declaring a war." Over the weekend, it threatened to blow up the South Korean speakers and also warned of "indiscriminate strikes."

A U.S. official told CNN that the United States believes that North Korea fired at a South Korean loudspeaker on Thursday.

South Korea said that North Korea sent a written message around 5 p.m. Thursday local time threatening military action if Seoul doesn't stop the propaganda broadcasts within 48 hours and remove the loudspeakers.

A South Korean Defense Ministry official warned Friday that Seoul would retaliate strongly to any additional North Korean provocations.

On Monday, North Korea pumped its own propaganda broadcasts over the border, the same day South Korea started military exercises with the United States and other countries. Pyongyang says it views the drills as a prelude to an invasion.

The North Korean government asked this week that the exercises, which it described as "serious provocations" be placed on the U.N. Security Council's agenda. Pyongyang has made similar requests before without success.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/20/asia/koreas-tensions/

Edited by Kilmarnock

For years South korea kept a sane head and played at peace. But recently they are seemingly the cause of a lot of issues. If i had a similar neighbor i might do the same but cmon. If North Korea wipes out south korea. they only have themselves to blame!

This seems like a case of the south getting cocky because they have US backing. And pushing because they can call in the big boys if shit goes bad for them.

Edited by Ukshep
1 person likes this

"Seoul vowed a "harsh" response to the landmines and resumed blaring propaganda messages over the border from huge loudspeakers last week." sounds like north korea shat on the lawn first shep

"Seoul vowed a "harsh" response to the landmines and resumed blaring propaganda messages over the border from huge loudspeakers last week." sounds like north korea shat on the lawn first shep

SEOUL, South Korea — South Korea's military on Monday threatened retaliation against North Korea after accusing its neighbor of planting land mines inside the Demilitarised Zone border that wounded two soldiers last week.

The Key Word Accused. They could have easily lied and planted them themselves. Im usually on the side of the south but i just have issues with how they are acting right now. Seems like they are taking notes from the US propaganda book.

No worries...Charlie Rangel to the rescue!  Maybe Dennis Rodman will help too...

Parliament speaker meets Rep. Rangel

South Korean National Assembly Speaker Chung Ui-hwa met with a senior U.S. congressman on Friday in Seoul and discussed North Korea's firing of artillery shells across the inter-Korean border, a spokesman for the speaker said.

Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY), a Korean War veteran, is on a five-day visit to South Korea, four months after accompanying fellow Democrat Nancy Pelosi, the U.S. House minority leader, on her trip to the country.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2015/08/21/34/0301000000AEN20150821011800315F.html

Add this into the South East Asia mix!

About 12,000 Chinese troops and soldiers from more than 10 nations, including Russia, as well as 200 aircraft will take part in a huge military parade next month marking China's victory over Japan in World War II, Chinese organizers of the parade said Friday.

The Sept. 3 event is expected to demonstrate China's fast-growing military capabilities, while highlighting a rivalry between China and Japan.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/national/2015/08/21/21/0301000000AEN20150821011700315F.html

ok so sk, accuses nk for planting 3 landmines in the DMZ. sk playes anti nk propoganda over LOUD SPEAKER from within their borders and nk says they will use military action, 'war' to retaliate over the loud speaker propoganda? i'd say fuck the way the north is acting, shep.

Here is an interesting take on the situation...

First, can we please stop referring to shelling as artillery “exchanges?” It’s not a swap meet. (Update: The same goes for “trading artillery fire.” As if — North: I’ll give you two 76.2-millimeter rounds for one 155-millimeter round. South: Throw in a belt of 14.5-millimeter and you’ve got a deal.)

Having worked through the available evidence of Kim Jong Un’s psychology, I’m sincerely worried that he is willfully provoking what he expects (probably correctly) will be a limited war. A limited war is His Porcine Majesty’s easiest path to the legitimacy he is unlikely to attain through competent governance, religious piety, charisma, popular acclaim, or any other means. Even if he loses, he will be able (or thinks he will be able) to mischaracterize a defeat as a victory, and himself as the master strategist. At a time when Kim is purging the top ranks of his military, when even the security forces in the provinces are demoralized by the hatred and vengeance of those they torment, he needs a big enough event to unite the country against outside enemies. Is the limited artillery duel we’ve seen so far enough to achieve that? I doubt it.

My hope is that he wanted a reason to redeploy his forces to the front and disrupt whatever plans they might be forming. My fear is that we’re now in a pattern where the regime — possibly for psychological reasons, and possibly for more calculated ones — will engage in a long-term series of escalating provocations against the South. The South, in turn, has authorized disproportionate responses. The potential for miscalculation is obvious. Remember, in 2010, no one expected North Korea to do anything as rash as sinking a South Korean warship, or shelling a South Korean fishing village. Off-hand, I can’t recall a single occasion in recent decades when North Korea fired artillery with a bore larger than 14.5 millimeters against the South Korean mainland. Each provocation pushes the envelope just slightly. This may be the new normal.

More: http://freekorea.us/

ok so sk, accuses nk for planting 3 landmines in the DMZ. sk playes anti nk propoganda over LOUD SPEAKER from within their borders and nk says they will use military action, 'war' to retaliate over the loud speaker propoganda? i'd say fuck the way the north is acting, shep.

I agree but i also see another layer. For a moment imagine you are north korea....actually nevermind. This is not going to be easy. But i wont grill you since im 90% of the time on the south korea's side.

"I agree but i also see another layer." all i needed to hear shep :) but i agree there has to be more than just that layer. bigger players. I'm* just speaking in terms of the scenarios proportions. regardless of greater plans. i seee uuu

Edited by Kilmarnock

Well here's the third layer and in my opinion the main reason for concern .

"Now, North Koreans are again facing a "looming humanitarian disaster in the DPRK," or the Democratic People's Republic of Korea, according to the United Nations human rights chief.

Zeid Ra'ad Al Hussein told CNN, "We call for the international community to support the DPRK and help the DPRK in a respect of what is going to be a very difficult famine.

State media, which usually paint only a rosy picture of life for North Korea's citizens, have been publishing reports about what they call the worst drought in 100 years. "

"Their decision to officially report the drought in their internal media is remarkable," says Andrei Lankov, a professor at South Korea's Kookmin University. "It's a signal to both domestic and foreign audience that probably something will go bad later this year. So they will probably apply for foreign aid."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/25/world/north-korea-drought/

A leader that cannot feed his people is in a tenuous position at best. Will Un's  ego allow him to ask for assistance or will he prefer war ?

i wouldnt try to count layers. thats like counting larger and smaller versions of the same pattern in a fractal lol. the bigger layers, the source of control/action are easier to generalize and see, smaller layers. smaller circles/players. bigger layers etc

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.