Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucy Barnable

Get off our land! (update)

14 posts in this topic

McCain Chased Off Reservation By Pissed-Off Navajo Activists

In a stunning action that was long overdue, a group of native Navajo Americans chased Senator John McCain out of the Navajo Nation capitol of Window Rock — making it perfectly clear he was unwelcome in the first place.

McCain was visiting the Nation in commemoration of Navajo Code Talker’s day, and perhaps for a moment thought he would get by listening to polite pleas from Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye and Vice-President Jonathan Nez to back a Congressional appropriation to fund the construction of a Navajo Code Talkers Museum. According to a report from Native News Online.Net, however, the Nation’s leaders chose the moment to focus on the EPA tragedy unfolding via the Gold King Mine spill into the Animas and San Juan Rivers.
-----
McCain got his first taste of active Navajo displeasure during a photo-op following the official Code Talker Day event with Adriano Tsinigine. Observe this priceless pic, as posted to protect Oak Flat activist organization Apache Stronghold:

http://reverbpress.com/politics/mccain-chased-off-rez-pissed-off-navajo-activists-video/

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p280x280/11880553_1597159437211246_250330794709379105_n.jpg?oh=215d7133c119b17547b587985401963e&oe=568148A6

Adriano Tsinigine‎Apache Stronghold

Showing my support from the Navajo Nation. Met Mr. McCain, and asked for a photo, then I pulled out my 'Protect Oak Flat' card and when he seen it, he looked me right in the eye and said "Get out of here, now!" Haha, this ma'ii is just afraid of us, because of how powerful we are...

:roflmao:

1 person likes this

Remember the Tribal youth gathering that Michelle held at the Rainbow House last month? "We have your back"  Maybe she should have added.... and your rivers. LOL

On 8/17/2015, 7:50:10, Lucy Barnable said:

McCain Chased Off Reservation By Pissed-Off Navajo Activists

In a stunning action that was long overdue, a group of native Navajo Americans chased Senator John McCain out of the Navajo Nation capitol of Window Rock — making it perfectly clear he was unwelcome in the first place.

McCain was visiting the Nation in commemoration of Navajo Code Talker’s day, and perhaps for a moment thought he would get by listening to polite pleas from Navajo Nation President Russell Begaye and Vice-President Jonathan Nez to back a Congressional appropriation to fund the construction of a Navajo Code Talkers Museum. According to a report from Native News Online.Net, however, the Nation’s leaders chose the moment to focus on the EPA tragedy unfolding via the Gold King Mine spill into the Animas and San Juan Rivers.
-----
McCain got his first taste of active Navajo displeasure during a photo-op following the official Code Talker Day event with Adriano Tsinigine. Observe this priceless pic, as posted to protect Oak Flat activist organization Apache Stronghold:

http://reverbpress.com/politics/mccain-chased-off-rez-pissed-off-navajo-activists-video/

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/p280x280/11880553_1597159437211246_250330794709379105_n.jpg?oh=215d7133c119b17547b587985401963e&oe=568148A6

Adriano Tsinigine‎Apache Stronghold

Showing my support from the Navajo Nation. Met Mr. McCain, and asked for a photo, then I pulled out my 'Protect Oak Flat' card and when he seen it, he looked me right in the eye and said "Get out of here, now!" Haha, this ma'ii is just afraid of us, because of how powerful we are...

:roflmao:

:cmicsfee:

Remember the Tribal youth gathering that Michelle held at the Rainbow House last month? "We have your back"  Maybe she should have added.... and your rivers. LOL

The rainbow house. lol

That video is nauseating. 
"America hasn't always treated you with dignity and respect."
- But sheee caaares sooo muuuch.

Navajo Code Talker Day event presents backdrop for Navajo officials to discuss the toxic river spill

Published August 15, 2015

“I keep saying when are we going to hear from the White House? Not a word. When somebody wins the Super Bowl or an NBA Championship, they get a call, right? And when something like this happens and people are suffering, nothing,” President Begaye said.

http://nativenewsonline.net/currents/navajo-nation-president-begaye-and-vice-president-nez-meet-with-gov-ducey-sen-mccain/

Navajo Nation seizes EPA tanks after spill, claims water is unsafe

Nation president considers lawsuit against Environmental Protection Agency

Navajo Nation police have seized water tanks delivered to the Shiprock community in the wake of a devastating Colorado mine spill.
-----

Many Navajo farmers and cattle ranchers use the San Juan for crops and livestock. The Navajo Nation has yet to lift water restrictions on the river, so the EPA has been delivering water to communities and storing them in large tanks.

However, President Russell Begaye believes that some of the water that the Navajo Nation is getting is not up to snuff.

Several reports have surfaced from farmers saying that the tank water is oily.

http://www.koat.com/news/navajo-nation-seizes-epa-tanks-after-spill-claims-water-is-unsafe/34815756

Navajo nation's war on EPA | environmental hazards oil in water tanks

SHIPROCK, NM- President Begaye and Attorney General Branch are personally investigating concerns about tainted water in EPA tanks. The President and the Attorney General are extremely troubled by these reports and are working to gather all the facts and will discuss their findings with senior EPA officials and the Navajo Nation as soon as we updated information.
-----

This is so sad.
They have every right to sue!

2 people like this

If you complain about oil being in your water the EPA questions your mental stability?? That's the governments answer? You are all crazy! Ok...

Navajo Nation Attorney General to EPA: Get Out! (But Send Money)

After finding oil in water tanks brought to Shiprock by the EPA to help relieve farmers affected by the Navajo Nation’s continued closure of the San Juan River, Navajo Attorney General Ethel Branch issued a strong statement to the federal agency: Get out! But leave your money.

“There’s oil in these tanks!” Branch yells in a video posted Wednesday on President Russell Begaye’s Facebook page. “We don’t trust the EPA to be here! They need to get out of our nation! Send the dollars directly here! Let us take care of these issues ourselves!”

Branch says in the video the situation was brought to the attention of an EPA representative and he “tried to discredit those individuals” who had complained about the water, “questioning their mental stability.”

EPA Region 6 did not respond to an email by press time, but Shiprock Chapter President Chili Yazzie said he met with Begaye and Branch, representatives from five Congressional offices, the BIA and EPA Wednesday morning and the EPA agreed to remove the tanks and trucks they had contracted from Triple S Trucking Co. in Farmington.

More: http://nativenewsonline.net/currents/navajo-nation-attorney-general-to-epa-get-out-but-send-money/

“We know that company brings tracking chemicals to the oilfields,” Yazzie said. “We told them we want nothing to do with those trucks.”

In the meantime, the BIA will step up water hauling from Albuquerque, and Begaye has ordered every water truck on the Navajo Nation to respond to the incident command centers, Yazzie said.

2 people like this

True Story......I have worked for the DAV for years.

I seem to be really well liked by all the members....they are going to make me the first honorary civilian member in their Chapter...... ever.

They know that I am the disabled son of a Disabled American Veteran who unfortunately was able to pass on his disability to 3 of his 4 offspring (one predates his exposure). Anyway.........

Everytime we talk about McCain they seem bitter, disinterested and lackluster to the man. I get the impression he sang like a canary under very little duress.

My 2 cents

Plus he never should have been there in the first place, a politician doesn't make up for hundreds of years of crimes.

True Story......I have worked for the DAV for years.

I seem to be really well liked by all the members....they are going to make me the first honorary civilian member in their Chapter...... ever.

They know that I am the disabled son of a Disabled American Veteran who unfortunately was able to pass on his disability to 3 of his 4 offspring (one predates his exposure). Anyway.........

Everytime we talk about McCain they seem bitter, disinterested and lackluster to the man. I get the impression he sang like a canary under very little duress.

My 2 cents

Plus he never should have been there in the first place, a politician doesn't make up for hundreds of years of crimes.

This disability was of radioactive origin

On 8/21/2015, 12:23:21, CGK said:

If you complain about oil being in your water the EPA questions your mental stability?? That's the governments answer? You are all crazy! Ok...

Navajo Nation Attorney General to EPA: Get Out! (But Send Money)

After finding oil in water tanks brought to Shiprock by the EPA to help relieve farmers affected by the Navajo Nation’s continued closure of the San Juan River, Navajo Attorney General Ethel Branch issued a strong statement to the federal agency: Get out! But leave your money.

Branch says in the video the situation was brought to the attention of an EPA representative and he “tried to discredit those individuals” who had complained about the water, “questioning their mental stability.”

EPA Region 6 did not respond to an email by press time, but Shiprock Chapter President Chili Yazzie said he met with Begaye and Branch, representatives from five Congressional offices, the BIA and EPA Wednesday morning and the EPA agreed to remove the tanks and trucks they had contracted from Triple S Trucking Co. in Farmington.

More: http://nativenewsonline.net/currents/navajo-nation-attorney-general-to-epa-get-out-but-send-money/

“We know that company brings tracking chemicals to the oilfields,” Yazzie said. “We told them we want nothing to do with those trucks.”

In the meantime, the BIA will step up water hauling from Albuquerque, and Begaye has ordered every water truck on the Navajo Nation to respond to the incident command centers, Yazzie said.

From the link:

"The Colorado Department of Parks and Wildlife says there have been no documented fish deaths from the spill and the independent Mountain Studies Institute found insects that live in the sediments under the river were still alive 20 hours after the release.

Begaye, however, has been holding out, saying he does not trust the EPA results and urging Navajos not to use the river until the Nation’s own results come back from the lab."

https://fellowshipofminds.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/animas-river-before-and-after-epa-toxic-waste-spill.jpg

Looks perfectly safe doesn't it?
:angry:

EPA now trying to swindle Native Americans out of compensation

The Obama administration, which regularly touts itself as a champion for minorities, is attempting to cheat thousands of Native Americans out of future compensation that is rightly theirs following a horrendously damaging toxic chemical spill in Colorado recently.

The Washington Times reported that tribal leaders say the Obama Environmental Protection Agency is attempting to cheat Navajo Indians by convincing them to sign away rights to future claims following the agency's Gold King Mine disaster. These charges are only magnifying the White House's public relations problems following the toxic spill, which threatens to disrupt critical waterways in the Southwest for many years to come.
Within days of the disaster, EPA officials began going door to door asking Navajos – some of whom do not speak English as their primary language – to sign a form offering to pay them some damages they have incurred from the spill so far. Signing the document waives any rights to return with new claims in the future if costs spiral higher than expected or if they encounter new, currently unforeseen fallout, Navajo President Russell Begaye told 
The Washington Times.

"It is underhanded. They're just trying to protect their pocketbook," he told the paper in a telephone interview.
-----
The claim forms EPA officials were distributing on the Navajo reservation ask locals to estimate a dollar amount they can attribute to property damage, personal injury or wrongful death. The form warns that failing to total up the claim "may cause forfeiture of your rights."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/051005_EPA_Gold_King_Mine_disaster_Native_Americans.html#ixzz3kXLsY6E5

I will always feel remorse for the way the indigenous people of America have and continue to be treated. Our government stole from them, and continues to steal from them. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.