Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

what are your opinions on this article

8 posts in this topic

Here’s Why People Believe In Conspiracy Theories

UFO sightings. Hoaxed moon landings. Reptiles who rule the world.

What, in the name of our alleged lizard overlords, convinces a person to believe in conspiracy theories?

According to a pair of new studies published in the journal Applied Cognitive Psychology, conspiracy theorists—and there are a lot more of them than you may think—tend to have one thing in common: they feel a lack of control over their lives.

Jan-Willem van Prooijen, associate professor in social and organizational psychology at VU University Amsterdam, has been studying conspiracy theories and those who believe them for six years. “When I started this research, one of the things that I really found astonishing was how many people believe in certain conspiracy theories,” he says.

http://time.com/3997033/conspiracy-theories/

Conspiracy theories often crop up during times of uncertainty and fear: after terrorist strikes, financial crises, high-profile deaths and natural disasters. Past research suggests that if people feel they don’t have control over a situation, they’ll try to make sense of it and find out what happened. “The sense-making leads them to connect dots that aren’t necessarily connected in reality,” van Prooijen says.

The Dutch professor needs to research farther back in time when conspiracies were also known as monopolies orchestrated by the wealthy elite. The idea is to make you feel powerless when you really aren't. It may seem that you can only control your little corner of the world but we are all connected and through elevated consciousness miracles can happen. That is the secret weapon they don't want you to exercise.....hence TV programming, fluoride, common core education, etc. 

One must remove the shackles of the control systems but that's easier said than done. If you go down that road then you'll find that everything you think you know is a lie and you've been hanging on to a world that is irrelevant in the scheme of things. That's a hard pill to swallow.

What's in your wallet? What is the true currency that we should be trading?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6PNYwS0FNmE/TUz80Rwt-lI/AAAAAAAACSc/4UHhIfYRnBc/s1600/i+love+you+leter+red+too+heart+3d+gif+animation+valentine%2527s+day+free+download.gif

Pretty much tows the "if you believe in conspiracy, then you're a lunatic" party line. Essentially it's "diagnosing" the catalysts and causes for what they deem inflicted thought processing and basically uses pompous vernacular to discredit anyone who exibits free thinking.

Way to go TIME magazine, who you going to award "Man of the Year" this year? Joseph Kony?

3323780_700b.jpg

Here's some of the previous winners TIME magazine thought deserved the title...

RECENT STUDY DONE ON JOURNALISTS WORKING FOR MAINSTRTEAM MEDIA OUTLETS SHOWS LACK OF CONTROL OVER COMMON SENSE

If conspiracy theorist are going to be segmented from the public .

It shouldn't stop there.  There is a difference between JFK conspiracies  and reptilian overlords .  Beware of any study that paints everyone with a broad brush .

You could take all the disinformation that is mixed in with the truth and run it through a separatory funnel and you would need an electron microscope to  recognize  the truth. One person sees a demon without his cammo on and it's a lizard, they look so much alike, well a lizard crossed with a salamander. By now who really cares what some guy with a degree in psychology thinks. If he thinks I'm buying into what a bunch of lying spooks that run the county tell me, he's the one who's cornbread ain't done. :chuckle:

1 person likes this

You could take all the disinformation that is mixed in with the truth and run it through a separatory funnel and you would need an electron microscope to  recognize  the truth. One person sees a demon without his cammo on and it's a lizard, they look so much alike, well a lizard crossed with a salamander. By now who really cares what some guy with a degree in psychology thinks. If he thinks I'm buying into what a bunch of lying spooks that run the county tell me, he's the one who's cornbread ain't done. :chuckle:

hahaha

I'll leave this here to why its important to question things. I posted this in another topic here also where someone was claiming wal marts were to be used maybe for gasing chambers

Eric Hunt - Hour 1 - The Shoah: The Biggest Hoax of the 20th Century?
Eric Hunt - Hour 2 - The Shoah: The Biggest Hoax of the 20th Century?
August 12, 2015

http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/nonsubscriber.php

Also see Adolph Hitler The Biggest Story Never Told

Dennis Wise - Hour 1 - Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told
August 18, 2014
Dennis Wise is an independent film maker with a background in entertainment and media. Apart from researching and producing documentaries, today he still produces private videos for clients. Dennis joins us to discuss his 6.5 hour documentary called, Adolf Hitler: The Greatest Story Never Told, which has taken the internet by storm. It has been hailed as, “The single most important media contribution in the last 70-years.” The controversial 26 part series was made under the constant threat of being banned by YouTube and after 24 episodes, the inevitable did finally happen. However, by that time it had already circulated around the internet with the series being hosted on numerous websites. What makes the documentary so fascinating is not only the way it single-handedly dismantles the propaganda and myths surrounding Adolf Hitler, but also completely turns on its head the Allies' version of World War Two, in what can only be described as history’s greatest ever cover up. We’ll discuss who many believe was the most evil man that has ever lived, Hitler. Dennis talks about Germany prior to Hitler, events that led up to the war and Hitler’s relationship with the Jews. Also, we talk about the conspiracy theories surrounding Hitler, which do not add up. In the second hour, we’ll talk about how Hitler and events surrounding WWII impact us today. We’ll speak more about the allies and their holy war and the ridiculous claims made about the Nazis. Dennis also talks about Hitler’s view on Freemasons. Then, we’ll discuss the holocaust. Later on, Dennis shares his view on the NWO agenda today. http://www.redicecreations.com/radio/2014/08/RIR-140818.php

According to a pair of new studies published in the journal Applied Cognitive Psychology, conspiracy theorists—and there are a lot more of them than you may think—tend to have one thing in common: they feel a lack of control over their lives.

I feel this is one of the greatest conspiracy theories of all. I think the feds often times use the 'oh you believe in the 2nd gunman, so therefore you are crazy' method to discredit people who aren't always convinced at what MSM has to spoon feed them. Or worse, create a 'credible' CT to garner attention only to later have the full ability to disprove the original lie (once again, we're viewed as crazy).

This is just another little sound bite to put out there so when you are expounding to someone about how you are seeing an alarming number of military vehicles being moved around the country by train (where I come from they used to drive to an exercise), scientists and doctors who publish non mainstream, but miracle cures, seem to disappear with regularity or even something as well documented as 'Who Killed the Electric Car' they can look at you with that sympathetic look. You know the one: the idiotic, facebook living sheeple can't remember anything unless it is written over the picture of a cat look most people seem to get when you disagree with what their evening news lie of choice has to say.

-Arnie L

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.